should i sell my busa?

hitman005

Registered
hit 12000 miles on my 07 busa and the 2nd gear is jerking... i went to go check for a quote on getting it fixed and its like over 1500....is it worth fixing if its going to happen again? if i sell it can i at least get $6,000 out of it?

hit 12000 miles on my 07 busa and the 2nd gear is jerking... i went to go check for a quote on getting it fixed and its like over 1500....is it worth fixing if its going to happen again? if i sell it can i at least get $6,000 out of it?
There's guys on this board with 5 and 6 times your mileage on the stock second gear. Its all how you treat it. Fix it and shift it nice it'll last you forever...abuse it and you'll need another second gear in 12,000 more miles :laugh:
You're not going to get 6k bucks for an 07 with a shot second gear tho ???

Just get it fixed. I don't know why that happened. I also have a '07 with over 55,600 miles on the original tranny and still as smooth as silk. Never felt clunky ever.

Just get it fixed. I don't know why that happened. I also have a '07 with over 55,600 miles on the original tranny and still as smooth as silk. Never felt clunky ever.

Ooops. Sorry about posting twice. I was half asleep and using my cellphone. Didn't see it until now.

get it fixed right the first time and it will not happen again. ****ing shame that these trannys have this problem. I was getting onto the intestate when mine did it the first time...mine did it at 10K miles and the bike had never been launched or at a drag strip and oil and filter changes every 2K miles...just a poor design

get it fixed right the first time and it will not happen again. ****ing shame that these trannys have this problem. I was getting onto the intestate when mine did it the first time...mine did it at 10K miles and the bike had never been launched or at a drag strip and oil and filter changes every 2K miles...just a poor design

Have to agree with this, and they make some better aftermarket internals as well.

it is the shift fork correct? My 06 does it with 8600 miles but it use to be a drag bike. What all needs to be done to correct this problem? I've heard over undercut tranny but I don't know what that consists of. Also do you need to replace the 2nd gear as well? I have a manual that shows how to do all the work on it.

Back