Should I pull the trigger?

stkflkr

Registered
Well, long story short..I had a 2007. Joined this awesome family. Loved all of you. They I became weird, and traded my Busa for a Harley. I know, I should be banned from this site. I have an opportunity to regain status. I have a 2008 on standby. Seller want $7k with 23,000. Full yosh exhaust with power commander dynoo-ed. Fork rebuild, new rotors, braided brake lines, fender elimination etc etc... the bike looks clean and well cared for.. so...should I rejoin the family for $7k? Or talk him down a bit?

If I buy it..will you all forgive me for my foolishness?

Well, long story short..I had a 2007. Joined this awesome family. Loved all of you. They I became weird, and traded my Busa for a Harley. I know, I should be banned from this site. I have an opportunity to regain status. I have a 2008 on standby. Seller want $7k with 23,000. Full yosh exhaust with power commander dynoo-ed. Fork rebuild, new rotors, braided brake lines, fender elimination etc etc... the bike looks clean and well cared for.. so...should I rejoin the family for $7k? Or talk him down a bit?

If I buy it..will you all forgive me for my foolishness?

Welcome back to the insanity...well, $7k with those mods and miles? isn't outlandish..I've never bought a vehicle at face value..the dicker is the best part.

If it were me and the guy was firm, and the bike is as good as he says...it would be on it's way home with me...

The current owner believes in the bike and has priced accordingly. However, do your own research and figure out what you are willing to pay. Like @Bumblebee, I have not bought anything at face value.

Traded Busa for Harley eh...I vote...
ban.gif

Rubb.

This is right about the time you should be doing some major maintenance procedures if they haven't been done yet. Keep that in mind. That will knoock the price down a couple thousand, easy. At least for me it would. If there really is an updated Hayabusa in a few months. That should knock the price of used Gen2s down more. Otherwise buy a new one.

I'll wait to hear the reviews. An extra 100 ccs sounds like it will be a better turbo bike even if it makes similar stock hp to the Gen2. Personally, I think Suzuki might be downplaying the Gen3 Hayabusa soas to preempt Kawasaki's release of a ZX-15 or SC ZX-14. If they do, you might want to consider that. I think Kawasaki has the upper hand now.

I'll wait to hear the reviews. An extra 100 ccs sounds like it will be a better turbo bike even if it makes similar stock hp to the Gen2. Personally, I think Suzuki might be downplaying the Gen3 Hayabusa soas to preempt Kawasaki's release of a ZX-15 or SC ZX-14. If they do, you might want to consider that. I think Kawasaki has the upper hand now.
I will have my ear to the ground awaiting the trampling of hooves from this 'Unicorn" to arrive...

I will have my ear to the ground awaiting the trampling of hooves from this 'Unicorn" to arrive...
I really hope it doesn't. I only expected ten years of having the best hyperbike on the planet and at this point, I'm ahead two. I hope there will be something entirely different that will catch my interest someday. Something that goes in a whole new direction. That, I will buy if it's within my means.

I really hope it doesn't. I only expected ten years of having the best hyperbike on the planet and at this point, I'm ahead two. I hope there will be something entirely different that will catch my interest someday. Something that goes in a whole new direction. That, I will buy if it's within my means.
Yep, be a sad thing if Suzuki lets the Hayabusa die off....

I would wait a couple months just to see what happens though...if I were considering buying a busa now. Actually if there is a new Hayabusa, I'd wait at least a year to see how it stacks up against the old.

Yeah, I just got the quote back from the insurance company...$1300/yr. ? Holy crap.. I tried to tell her I was old and married with good credit but she didn't budge.. I may back out and watch the sellers demeanor... maybe I can get him down another $1k ..then ill jump.

Yeah, I just got the quote back from the insurance company...$1300/yr. ? Holy crap.. I tried to tell her I was old and married with good credit but she didn't budge.. I may back out and watch the sellers demeanor... maybe I can get him down another $1k ..then ill jump.

Shop around for insurance. BTW, where are you? Fill in your profile.

Yea dude shop around. I’m in my 30s married a couple tickets and my full coverage on a new bike is $470 a year...

Yeah, I just got the quote back from the insurance company...$1300/yr. ? Holy crap.. I tried to tell her I was old and married with good credit but she didn't budge..
I'm 54 and divorced. I pay about $100 for 6 months of liability with State Farm. You only need full coverage if you crash and even then, you will be hoping they don't raise all your insurance if you make a claim. I go with as little insurance as possible. I never intend to use it unless I injure or kill someone by accident. You can buy a new bike in a few years rather than pay for full coverage.

UPDATE: Deal is off... I paid everything off except my house about 4 months ago. I just got notice my credit score dropped due to lack of bills...so dumb..regardless of decided to finance this bike purchase.. $6k can't be all that difficult to pay back. Well in the process the bank wanted a "power of attorney " over the bike in case of future changes...not sure what that's all about but the seller backed out because he had to sign this paper in front if a notary.. either a red flag or disappointment over laziness.. either way, the deal is bo linger on the table. I'm pretty bummed as I wanted back on a busa. There are no others currently for sale in my area. Here's to hoping one will show up soon

I understand you signing a power of attorney which allows the bank to get a registration/plates on your behalf in instances of changes to paperwork. They own the bike until the loan is paid off. But the person giving up the bike? Was the title present in his hand or did he have an outstanding loan?

Back