Shorted Battery need help (2008 2nd gen busa)

busaseven

Registered
Left the oxford battery maintence charge on the Busa is 2nd gen 2008, found out it didn't charge so connected up the jump back and being silly I didn't look a the + and - so shorted the battery and bike, i've checked the blue fuse on the + ive line thats not blown, where else should I check fuses or does anyone know if I need to replace anything ? i'm assumbing its a blown fuse or diode somewhere, but need pics and locations where to check, feel a right twassock for not checking. Help please peeps :) :banghead::laugh:

Checked all the fuses under the fairing on the left hand side of the handle bars not a single one blown. Bit at a loss as to what has blown, also have tried swapping batterys from my other bike and vice-a-versa so I know the batterys ok and still won't start. What else can I check are there any more hidden fuses anywhere, perhaps i've blown a relay........ ??? Has anyone else crossed wires on jump pack ???what did you do to fix ? HELP please peeps :)

Im not 100% but there should be a main fuse somewhere, like a Maxi fuse or the sort for just this purpose, or check a fusable link?

Good Luck

-D

Thanks for the reply peeps i've checked one fuse near the battery was near to the left hand side but will take off the tail assembly to see if there is another one there. Trying to get the bike ready for Japfest here next month.

Thanks for the reply peeps i've checked one fuse near the battery was near to the left hand side but will take off the tail assembly to see if there is another one there. Trying to get the bike ready for Japfest here next month.

Are you sure you got the actual fuse and not the spare?

Fixed it Both the starter relay and fuse had gone, nope the other fuse was for alarm system. Damn why do they always put components in hard to reach places had to take most of the rear plastic off to change it. Sounded good hearing it fire up again :) Thanks for help peeps (y)

The starter relay has protection diodes inside it I think so if reverse supplied /shorted the diodes would likely blow....they are there to safeguard the ECU, rectifier and clocks etc.
Pretty much every DC powered electronic device has something along these lines.

Back