Busa battery issues

BarriosL

Registered
Hey everyone! I’ll try & make this short.

I bought an 04 Busa - pretty heavily modified. Cammed, ported, all the bells & whistles for this bike to drag.

Now, I’ve gone through 3 different batteries. The first one was a generic lead acid battery. I could only get 2 or 3 cranks from this battery before it would die. The bike would still run fine if the battery died, I would just have to make to get it home so I could charge it back up.

So I went with a more powerful lithium battery. This help a bit, I could get 5 or 6 cranks while riding before the battery died & I’d have to charge it.

Ok so now onto my current battery, it’s a P10S battery, which I believe is probably the most power single battery you can get. 750CCA, this battery is a monster. But I still can’t ride a full day without the battery eventually running out of juice.

I had a shop take a preliminary look at the charging system & everything checked out on a surface level. Now mind you, I’ve had a bike before with a bad stater, and I know after riding for like 15 minutes on a full battery, the bike would shut off & die. Mine doesn’t do that. Even when my battery is on its last crank, the bike will run for as long as I don’t shut it off.

So, it’s not charging the battery. What’s going on?

Hey everyone! I’ll try & make this short.

I bought an 04 Busa - pretty heavily modified. Cammed, ported, all the bells & whistles for this bike to drag.
(...) But I still can’t ride a full day without the battery eventually running out of juice.
(...)

So, it’s not charging the battery. What’s going on?

get the gen1 manual and its extensions from here - even it is the ´99-´02 - doesn´t matter - the ´04 doesn´t differ to ´99-´02 THAT much that u can´t use it 4 the ´03 - ´07

then test the volt values at the 3 yellow wires from genarator at the 3-point-conn. under the tank at LH following the descr. in the manual .
(if one value is lower than 55-60 volts - the stator seems to be bad - replace it by "new")

then test the volt values from recti. to the battery.

if the rect. is wrong / gives bad volts to the batt. - how ever - read my homepage here and use the honda xx rect. as shown there

Back