Shopping for a new helmet

I'm a huge fan of my latest helmet which was supposed to be my 2nd "knock Around Town & Work" helmet which has since become my #1 most favoritest helmet...

Cortech2.jpg

a Scorpion EXO 700 w/ "Fury" model graphics...it's got the most kick azz ventilation and visor system of any helmet I've ever owned or seen and this is coming from a guy who graduated from HJC's to shoei's and arai's 6 years ago...and here's the amazing part...the scorpion exo 700 msrp's at $199...as my scorpion collects suicidal bugs while my two shoei RF-900's set on the shelf collecting dust...and one of those shoei's is a mint cond. "Hayabusa Edition" which matches my '03 silver/graphite Hayabusa...but...even it sits while I proudly don the scorpion?
rock.gif
yepper...true story and..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I too just recently purchased the Scorpion EXO-700, solid Matte Black finish. Great helmet. Excellent ventilation, 3 vents, nice snap for folding the strap over. Removable liners, blah, blah, blah. $179 for solid color.

Posted by grabntwist on Feb. 18 2006,20:51

Im not sure if you know much about Arai's line. The different models compliment different head shapes. The RX7 is designed more for a round head. The Quantum caters to the more oblong "egg shaped" head. Now what does that make you?

Oh yea you never posted back on the 14 vs the Busa thread about Ricky's 9r. I guess you got the point.[/QUOTE]

<span style='color:red'>*from the Arai website...I'm wearing an Astral-X now and I am VERY happy with it*</span>

1. LONG OVAL
(very long front-to-back, very narrow side-to-side). On this end of the scale, we have the new Profile model, offering additional forehead room for those who find that most helmets have pressure points in the forehead.

2. INTERMEDIATE OVAL
(a little shorter front-to-back and a little wider side-to-side than the Long Oval). This next fit package comes in our RX-7 CORSAIR model, which begins the shift from oblong towards round.  

3. ROUND OVAL
(even a little shorter front-to-back and a little wider side-to-side). This next fit package is represented by both our Quantum-2 and our Astral-X models.

The Astral-X has a slightly more "relaxed" fit - a bit more room in the forehead area — mainly because the Astral has a non-removable liner.

The Quantum-2's liner, on the other hand, is fully-removable, which makes it feel a bit more "round". Be sure to try both on to determine which feels better on your head.

Just bought an Arai Corsair Kenny Roberts Junior Replica. This thing is Awesome! And no it is no louder than the Signet it replaced. Even goes with the Busa with the Double Eagles on the side!

DSCN0084.jpg

Back