Shoei neotec helmet?

ibezy

Registered
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new modular helmet and was considering the neotec. What do you guys think?

image.jpg

I have one,,,It's a great helmet! It has enough 'face' room, so your chin or nose doesn't hit the bar when you open it. Great ventilation, too.

That's good to hear I've been debating whether or not to get it. Sounds like a great helmet and come with a pin lock face shield which is a bonus. For the price it should come with a h.u.d. imo lol

The better helmets have more comfortable liners, but most all helmets will protect your head. When you wear one for several hundred miles, the better helmets really feel nicer.

I have a few Nolan n104's if ya need. All new $250 shipped each. Medium and large in gloss black and one white in XL.

Just picked one up a few months ago. I love it. Very comfortable. The pinlock visor is great for preventing fog-up. Pricey, yes, but I think it's worth it.

I was kinda hoping it would be quit. I've heard the scuberith helmets we're quit not sure if it's worth the extra money.

Schuberth is 'supposedly' the quietest helmet. I have no first-hand knowledge. No other helmet I've tried has the ventilation and airflow of a Shoei.

I currently have a hjc is max bt. If it's quite than that I'd be happy. I've tried on a neotec and it felt great. I still want one I find they look great.

The Neotec is a pure beauty, I have the Multitec and it has been superb. The Neotec feels really comfortable and has the drop down sun visor. I will be purchasing the Neotec shortly, just gotta save some money up. It's a little pricey, but like they say you get what you pay for.

I am picking up the neotec today :thumbsup: I'll let you guys know how it feels and overall functionality soon!

I picked up the helmet and went through the different aspects, to be honest I'm not too happy with it. Yes it's nice to have the flip front and the sun visor, but it isn't that comfortable. I prefer my arai quantum II, if only Arai made a modular...

Sorry it wasn't what you thought. I tied on a large and it felt just a lil too snug I think a xl would feel comfortable though.

I picked up the helmet and went through the different aspects, to be honest I'm not too happy with it. Yes it's nice to have the flip front and the sun visor, but it isn't that comfortable. I prefer my arai quantum II, if only Arai made a modular...

Besides not being comfortable...how was it? How was the noise and ventilation?

Besides not being comfortable...how was it? How was the noise and ventilation?

Ventilation wasn't that great, I wore it around the house for ten minuets to see how it would feel and it wasn't that easy to breath and it does fog up despite the anti fog lens. I know ventilation would be different with riding conditions but I haven't went out on a ride yet. I will keep you guys updated.

Sorry it wasn't what you thought. I tied on a large and it felt just a lil too snug I think a xl would feel comfortable though.

Maybe I should also try on a XL then, I purchased the large, it feels fine but just a little snug. I figure it will form to me.

Maybe I should also try on a XL then, I purchased the large, it feels fine but just a little snug. I figure it will form to me.

It'll form fairly quickly,,,well, mine did. The scoop on the top flows a lot of air when you're moving, wearing it around the house, or stopped at a light, doesn't get any airflow. I often open the front while stopped, that helps even here in Florida. I usually keep the shield up at the first notch, all helmets will fog up on me....
When I get going fast enough to push the shield shut, it's fast enough that safety requires it anyway..

Back