Shoei New GT Air Full Face or Shoei Neotec Modular Full Face Owners

TRALL

Registered
GT Air Full Face or Shoei Neo tec Modular Owners- Any Busa owners wearing these new helmets? Personal reviews? I am looking at upgrading my safety gear.

Both helmets are in the $500 range, both have built in sun shields, and other features seem equivalent. So did you buy the Solid full face GT Air or the modular full face Neotec and why?

I am leaning towards the Neotec because of the added versatility of modular and comparable full face protection but the convenience on road trips.

That and I've always owned Full Face helmets only and wanted to try my first one out.

Another reason I work 3rd shift, so I drive to work at night and drive home in the daytime, the internal sun shield and full face clear shield covers both. Now I drive in with my tinted shield up and clear safety glasses on but I still get some bug splatter on my face because of that. No Godzilla size June bugs yet :laugh: but don't want to find that one out first hand at highway or should I say Busa speeds..............

If a Nolan N104 is in the cards. I have a medium and large available in gloss black for a good deal. Both are new.

that GT air is on my short list too. personally I think the modular helmets are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and cause the helmet to be heavy! buddy has a modular helmet and says he never uses the modular option. he jus flips the visor up like any other helmet. id go with the shoei. plus it looks stupid with the modular open. ruins the helmet imo. maybe on a gold wing but not a busa

that GT air is on my short list too. personally I think the modular helmets are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and cause the helmet to be heavy! buddy has a modular helmet and says he never uses the modular option. he jus flips the visor up like any other helmet. id go with the shoei. plus it looks stupid with the modular open. ruins the helmet imo. maybe on a gold wing but not a busa

Gotta agree with this! The only thing I can see using them for is running into a gas station quick and flipping it open so you can talk, or maybe for taking a drink of water at a quick stop without taking off your helmet.

Another reason I work 3rd shift, so I drive to work at night and drive home in the daytime, the internal sun shield and full face clear shield covers both.

Another option for you - Try the Bell helmets. They rank among the best in terms of safety (check the Sharp tests), but also have transitions face shields that darken in UV light, so they are clear at night.

I currently have a Bell Star and sadly I will never buy a Bell helmet again. just not near the quality of an Arai or Shoie. its noisy as hell and not terribly light either. never felt really right on my head. at high speeds it wud want to lift. the only reason I got it was for the transitions shield and that does work great I must admit.

Another option for you - Try the Bell helmets. They rank among the best in terms of safety (check the Sharp tests), but also have transitions face shields that darken in UV light, so they are clear at night.

After random search reviews on Modular Helmets, I am sticking with a full face because the whole reason I wear a helmet is protection from accidents and the full face offer the best protection. Their were some scary stories after goggling modular failed in real accidents. So the convenience factor of a modular will never outweigh the safety factor of full face for me. I'll probably going to get the GT Air once I save a bit more dough.

My honest opinion I bought the gt air to replace my scorpion exo1000 that was years past needing to be replaced. I like the helmet but is no quieter then the scorpion. The pin lock visor is awesome tho. Your only getting a dot approved helmet so if you drag bike wont be able to use the helmet. So just think about that if you do drag. It does breeze well and the visor up and sun shade down till about 50 is nice on summer days.

I picked up a new Shoei GT Air last week. Haven't ridden with it yet. Mounted my sena and headsup radar detection in it so it's prepped for a test ride. Hopefully try it out over the next couple of days. I'm anxious to test the wind noise.

I picked up a new Shoei GT Air last week. Haven't ridden with it yet. Mounted my sena and headsup radar detection in it so it's prepped for a test ride. Hopefully try it out over the next couple of days. I'm anxious to test the wind noise.
yes plz get back with ur opinion

I have a NeoTec. If I were to choose again I'd take the GT Air. As for the modular idea, the NeoTec has steel for the latches, not plastic like the ones I saw that had failed. It's as heavy as my RF1100, the ventilation is no better. It's a well made helmet, the finish is perfect, top notch all the way.
I also have a Honda ST1300 and with windscreen raised up, there's a need for more ventilation! This helmet with the bluetooth is closer to $900 than $500.
Personally I'd look at an RF1200. I know it doesn't have the drop down shade, but that's only interesting if someone else has it. Now that I have it, it's not really that big a deal.

unless ur riding a Honda Goldwing and have a cup holder to drink ur morning coffee with or the need to smoke while u ride I don't see the purpose of a modular helmet. its heavy, noisy and a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. and none are nor will ever be SNELL certified.

I think the drop down shade is the greatest thing ever. 2nd helmet with one. If you live in any area where youll be in stop and go traffic is so nice having main visor open and just sun shade down till about 50-60. Much more air in summer months and I personally hate way sunglasses feel on in a helmet.

good point on being able to ride with shield open in summer. didn't really think of that

I think the drop down shade is the greatest thing ever. 2nd helmet with one. If you live in any area where youll be in stop and go traffic is so nice having main visor open and just sun shade down till about 50-60. Much more air in summer months and I personally hate way sunglasses feel on in a helmet.

I have the Neotec Modular one in black with a G-Rider bluetooth kit.
SS Metal latches very secure.
Its louder than a full face.
Comes with fog and sun shield.
very light for a modular (size L)
It's Very conveniant at stop lights, smokers, just lift the front off and stay cooler.
at gas stations the attendant can fully understand you.

since I bought the modular one, I never think about wearing the full face anymore.

I have the Neotec Modular one in black with a G-Rider bluetooth kit.
at gas stations the attendant can fully understand you.
was gonna say u don't pump ur own gas? then I realized u were in jersey and its illegal to pump ur own gas.

Bought the Neotec II and the SRL headset made for it. It's a truly amazing combination. I live in So Cal, and it's hot in the summer. It's very nice to be able to flip open the face of the helmet. The microphone is made for the helmet, fits in a little channel, perfect sound. Make calls, take calls, be on the intercom, listen to music, share music. The flip down visor is stellar. I have the silicone anti fog screen on my shield, works beautifully. The build quality of the Shoei is oustanding. Fit and finish truly on point. Cheek pads, liners, all easy to remove and when installed appear seamless. Venting is best I've ever experienced. Most vents don't seem to do anything but these vents you can actually feel the difference when open or closed. Highly recommended. Finally, the titanium quick release for the chin strap is killer. Just the best combination helmet and comms I've ever experienced, and this comes from 40 years of riding experience and too many stupid helmets to talk about.

Bought the Neotec II and the SRL headset made for it. It's a truly amazing combination. I live in So Cal, and it's hot in the summer. It's very nice to be able to flip open the face of the helmet. The microphone is made for the helmet, fits in a little channel, perfect sound. Make calls, take calls, be on the intercom, listen to music, share music. The flip down visor is stellar. I have the silicone anti fog screen on my shield, works beautifully. The build quality of the Shoei is oustanding. Fit and finish truly on point. Cheek pads, liners, all easy to remove and when installed appear seamless. Venting is best I've ever experienced. Most vents don't seem to do anything but these vents you can actually feel the difference when open or closed. Highly recommended. Finally, the titanium quick release for the chin strap is killer. Just the best combination helmet and comms I've ever experienced, and this comes from 40 years of riding experience and too many stupid helmets to talk about.
I'm glad it works for you. I also use Neotec II for the third season now and it is great. The quality of the interior, its operation sets it apart. Not too heavy, not too noisy either. There are helmets that do weight or noise better, but as a package the Neotec II is the most complete IMHO. It may look out of place on a Hayabusa, but I don't really care for appearance and the ability to just flip the helmet up at gas stations, errands or simply for air or field of view is more than worth it. I trust Shoei enough that the chinbar wouldn't fail in an accident.

Back