Shinkos on the street?

Cobra Steve

Registered
Does anyone have shinkos and still ride some twisties? I mostly drag race, but I still like to hit the back roads. I'm not that good in the corners so they don't have to the be the best, but I also don't want them to be an extra handicap for me in the corners either. Also, how many miles did anyone get out of them riding on the street/strip? Since I ride both should I opt for the "non-ultra" tire compound? Opinions please
smile.gif

Just ordered one, I hope they ain't too bad in the twisties...Let you know in about a week or so....

i think with teh wider profile it would ba alittle more work in the twisties. Actually i wouldnt trust them but thats just me....you could get a spare wheel rim and run the shinko on the strip and the street tire on the roads

brother has them on his bike, really flat profile. his bike is also stretched, lowered and doesnt have a shock. so basically for me it rides like crap
smile.gif

Lots of diffrent kind of Shinkos. 005's are nicer on the curves.

I run the Shinko R003...For my riding style it's fine...However I have discovered a feeling of unease while hitting a few curves as of late felt like the rear wanted to slip and I do not profess to be a canyon carver...I'm a straight liner and that's it...It offers great life for street and strip but to me is questionable at best for twisties...

I'd feel much more comfortable with Shinko's for straight line riding, but that's just my opinion.

i think with teh wider profile it would ba alittle more work in the twisties. Actually i wouldnt trust them but thats just me....you could get a spare wheel rim and run the shinko on the strip and the street tire on the roads
EXACTLY right

I have run a shinko for about a yr. It is a little more tough to lean her over in the curves but I put up with it just to have it hook REALLY well on the street and the strip

Back