She's not stripping anymore...

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Well, although the pics make it look great, there are a lot of boogers in the paint. I could complain, but shoots, for $70 I'll watch what I say. The guy that painted it still has to wet sand and wheel it out, he wanted to do it on the bike, so maybe the spots will calm down and lay out fine. Anyway, went from Silver Black, to straight black and will add the Green Lantern decal kit in about a week or so (after it gets final wet sand and wheeling).
Powder coated the rotors, front and rear with Gold Nugget finish and will clear coat them tomorrow. Cush drive hub is gloss black, and new 43t sprocket is Psycho Lime. I attempted to get the wheels finished today, but that was a no-go. Started the front wheel in Lime, but the weather wasn't cooperating and had to strip it. In an after thought, decided to go with the Gold Nugget, so will be shooting that tomorrow. The gold has a rough, raw nugget, type of texture, which is pretty cool. The underbelly is still drying, another friend painted that today, he wanted to practice some so I let him paint it rather than giving it to the guy that painted the Busa.
I do have fairing screens, but will be waiting until it all done, and wheeled out, then I will powder coat and install them. Wheel bearing seals will be here later this upcoming week, then it will be back on the road again. without further ado, heres the pics.....
Rotors still taped off so I can shoot the clear tomorrow.
Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Enjoy. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the wheels done and get some more pics.

Cant beat that deal, boogers or not.
beerchug.gif

A few before (or long time ago pics). These were from day 2 (2 Aug 06). Lets see, what all has changed?
Paint as mentioned.
Powder coating: triple clamp (lowering also), rotors, passenger rear sets, valve stems for the wheels, cush drive....
Pazzo Levers, Clear ZG DB, BMC Race Filter, Airbox mod w/ short stacks, Tsukigi Spec I Full Exhaust, cut rear tail and plate mounted blinkers, Throttlemeister, Hel Braided line, HH Pads, 43t sprocket, Smith GPS/GI, 90w Dampner, Racetech springed forks, !PAIR Valve, soon to have new Pilot 2CT's mounted, grab bar mod...and theres probably more. I can't believe how many miles I've put on this Busa, and all I've accomplished with the help of the .Org and my riding bud's. Wow..

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

looks good
beerchug.gif
it's cool to watch your dream come together isn't it?

semi...yes it is. When I looked at the boogers, I thought, man, I need to buy a new set of plastics and get them painted up nice. Someday.

Pipe...2 months? WTF, I couldn't wait that long man. I was get impatient as it was, mainly cuz I kind of knew it wouldn't be as nice as I wanted. But, yeah for $70 I shouldn't be complaining. Good thing I already know I'm an azzhole.

(CAT3 @ Jan. 13 2007,22:55) semi...yes it is. When I looked at the boogers, I thought, man, I need to buy a new set of plastics and get them painted up nice. Someday.

Pipe...2 months? WTF, I couldn't wait that long man. I was get impatient as it was, mainly cuz I kind of knew it wouldn't be as nice as I wanted. But, yeah for $70 I shouldn't be complaining. Good thing I already know I'm an azzhole.
Yep, close to 2 months now.
Paint was pretty bad.
Hand sanded all the paint down to primer; that was through the factory paint and the paint that nyrican put on.
Block sanded.
Now everything is in primer except for the 2 lowers.
They had the most damage and am having to repair the plastic at the very lowest part that it looks like an exhaust burnt through.
Hopefully she won't be much longer, and you'll see some pics and videos of mine.

I'll be looking for it Pipe. I hate just waiting the week+ for some fricken wheel bearing dust cover/seals. I still can't believe the dealerships dont stock simple stuff like that, nor do they stock Stator cover, or clutch cover gaskets. Once I get the gaskets I can pull the covers and coat them as well.

Oh yeah, forgot, I picked up some 45* bolt-in valve stems, glass beaded them, and powder coated them gloss black too.

(arey @ Jan. 13 2007,23:09) Shid! Mines took almost 3 1/2
wow.gif
Guess I can't complain then.
Dad and I are trying to take time on the prep work.
Then we have base and no less then 3 coats of clear. Maybe more.

Looks good in the pics...unless I personally knew the guy I would run away once quoted $70.00 for a paint job.

you know this guy very well right? Childhood friends or something? Of course I did just talk with a guy who's sending his brother to jail for cheating him out of $100,000.00 for the second time!

OE, I didn't grow up with him no, but we're both in flight school together. I was getting a deal from a local guy that paints at a dealership for a living. Then my buddy said he'd paint it for cost of paint. He's just that kind of guy. I'm sure once its wet sanded and buffed it will look good. I do take part of the hit, I asked him specifically not to use any plastic putty to fill in the scratches and rock dents, since it is my daily rider, and not a show bike. I've just always hated fillers.

Pics look good!! a little bit of dirt can be wet sanded out.

Your baby is looking good!!
smile.gif

Was getting excited about the all black, but I guess it will look good.
biggrin.gif
Very nice job, actually.

Update: I have the rear wheel in the oven now, first coat of Gold Nugget baking. 5min, pull it out, let it cool, give it a second coat, bake and follow with a clear. Now to get some buddies over for labor.....gotta strip the front wheel down too!

Thanks DD. Pulled the rear wheel, its cooling now. I have a set of R6 pass rearsets in the oven baking on a base coat of gold nugget, which will be topcoated with a translucent blue. After the wheels are coated twice, I'll be clearing all the gold parts, then posting pics of course!

Back