shark rsr 2 vs shoei rf 1000

samw5

Registered
debating on which helmet might be better.

the rf1000 is extremely light and fits me nicely (I have more of an oval head than anything).

the shark rsr 2 is sooo soft inside, offers nice venting, and has a great visor mechanism.
it's a tad heavier than the shoei (1600 vs 1400g) and a tad pricier. also i red that it was geared more towards round heads.

i was only able to try a small size rsr 2 which was too small for me (i wear medium).

any input would be appreciated.

Try on the right size, or go with the shoei. Sounds like you prefer the features of the shark but the shoei fits you better...

(bitabur @ Jul. 17 2007,02:23) Try on the right size, or go with the shoei.  Sounds like you prefer the features of the shark but the shoei fits you better...
Couldn't say it better. I Love my Shoei if that helps.

ahh I just ordered the shark last night.

duhamel white graffics with mirror shield. if it doesn't fit I may exchange it for an x11 or arai profile.
should get here later on this week early next week... will post pix/comments.

I have a barely used Metallic Black Shoei X11 size medium that I am selling if you are interested. It would come with a clear and a dark smoke shield and the helmet bag. I have owned it for about 3 months and have only used it for about 300 miles of riding. I love the helmet, but it is just a hair too small for me, besides I have a couple of Suomy helmets that I wear most often, as they fit me perfectly.

I will probably be in the minority for saying this, but I have a RF1000 (matches my bike) and I hate it. It looks awesome, and is the most comfortable helmet I own (out of 5 helmets), but I can't stand how it flutters and wants to lift off my head at highway speeds. Unless I stay tucked and completely out of the wind, it is horrible. My Suomy, on the other hand, is awesome and is my favorite.

I will probably be in the minority for saying this, but I have a RF1000 (matches my bike) and I hate it. It looks awesome, and is the most comfortable helmet I own (out of 5 helmets), but I can't stand how it flutters and wants to lift off my head at highway speeds. Unless I stay tucked and completely out of the wind, it is horrible. My Suomy, on the other hand, is awesome and is my favorite.
That is unusual with the Shoei. I wore my RF1000 on the naked bike for 3 years, sometimes at well over 100 mph with no buffeting problems. Same can be said so far on the Busa too, very smooth in the breeze.
Is it too loose maybe and letting too much air under it?

I just picked up a Scorpion exo1000 yesterday (xl), it has a internal pump that pumps air into the cheek pads to give you an even snugger fit! It also has built in sun shades, that cover or un cover your eyes at the flip of the lever! It is very comfortable (so far) and the wind noise is almost non existing. It may just be state of mind, but the bike seems to run smoother. Maybe this is because I can barely hear the engine! BTW $356 otd.

That is unusual with the Shoei. I wore my RF1000 on the naked bike for 3 years, sometimes at well over 100 mph with no buffeting problems. Same can be said so far on the Busa too, very smooth in the breeze.
Is it too loose maybe and letting too much air under it?
+1
RF1000 too much wind noise at high speeds.
I have a Scorpion EXO & love it!

Back