Shoei X-11 vs. RF1000

JrGMan

Registered
Received a really generous birthday gift from my Mum today and was looking to find a helmet to match my '05 Busa. Been using a Shoei X-11 for the last 2 years but am unfamiliar with the RF-1000. Found a seller on e-bay selling the RF-1000 (new) with Hayabusa graphics for $180 which seemed like a tremendous deal. My main concern is amount of airflow and degree of buffeting from the wind. Does anyone have experience with both of these helmets and care to offer an opinion? Thanks in advance and Happy July 4th!

The X-11 is lighter but noisier. There is more wind flow IMO but that is what causes the noise.

Both are the same to me comfort wise, and I find that my RF is plenty cool.

(heavybusa @ Jul. 03 2007,21:32) The X-11 is lighter but noisier. There is more wind flow IMO but that is what causes the noise.

Both are the same to me comfort wise, and I find that my RF is plenty cool.
Heavy is right, the X-11 will flow more air through it but it is noisier. They use the same shield. The Liner will come out of the X-11 (but not the 1000) for cleaning/replacement.

Both are dang good helmets and the 1000 was the top of the line Shoei until the X-11 was released 3-4 years ago.

I don't know how the buffeting compares at high speed. I'd guess the X-11 would be slightly better because it is a newer design......

Great helmets!
beerchug.gif

Back