Selling my animal

BigBadDodge

Registered
After stringing what little money i had left after the ex tore me apart when we split :moon: I've been making everything but money hasnt been a big commodity and i'm just tired of it. Sat down and did the math on everything, house wont go, bike is paid for, monte carlo is paid for so that leaves the truck. I never really figured it out before but between the payment, insurance and fuel on average i'm spending 900 a month on this thing (figuring 200 for fuel and my insurance company loves my history:whistle:). Just gotten to a point in life where i'm over it, i love the power and working on em and dont need a flashy $525 a month 2006 payment. I'd rather use that money to get some things paid off and have some fun.

So decided i'm gonna sell the truck, it kinda sucks but its been a hell of alot of fun, someone will have a blast with it. Unfortunately i'm only claiming 600 of the 687hp the truck has done as i cant find the dyno sheet, i wouldnt buy something without that proof so until i find it :banghead: Looking at picking up a first gen dodge, they're cheap and i figure with having it paid for and dirt cheap insurance i can set some cash aside and make that stupid fast, they are cheap as hell to mod :laugh: Once things are squared away a street glide will be finding its way into my garage.

So if anyones interested heres the details.
CO: Lifted and go fasted 06 2500 QCLB 4x4 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Ive always loved the Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel:thumbsup: They are bad ass and I came close to buying one.
I still get the Diesel Power Magazine in the mail and drool over the HP/Torque numbers they put out with very little aftermarket parts.
I did the math also on a payment for a toy over 20K and I didnt want to sacrifice my fun and extra fun money so I bought the Busa for half the price of a Black Smoker.
Life at times is tough for some of us and we have to sacrifice in the tough times. In time you will bounce back and be able to afford another toy when its meant to be.:beerchug:

I don't know much about diesels except they are bad(in a good way)!! Good luck with your sale and I do know you have put a lot of effort into this truck!

Yea someone will be getting a great deal on it, out here they are pulling 26-28k stock with similar mileage, and i got a whole lot tied into it. Not looking at getting everything out of it, just wanting to get out of it. My brother has an appt. with the credit union tomorrow to see what it will cost him to transfer the loan over, he has great credit (mine was already smoked when i bought this one) and the loan has been paid down pretty good ffrom what it was originally.

Lankee did you see that new issue with the 1st gen on the cover claiming to be the "most powerful 1st gen in the world" That made up my mind i'm gonna build one and gun for that title lol :laugh: I just cant wait to have a truck in my driveway and another title in the safe!!! I'm 26, own the bike, and monte clean and clear i'd rather have that spending money in my pocket for the ladies, or my other shennanigans

Yupp its right here in front of me:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Love them Dodge Diesel Turbos!!
I dont ever regret spending the money on the ladies in my wild days
I guess my toy box would have more toys if I didnt but I have many great memories.

I feel your pain. I sold everything I could just so that I can take care of my wife and I. I am very greatfull to have been able to pay my car off and still have 1 bike. I trust my Best Friend GOD !!!!!! He will never let you down.

Robert

It does suck but finally going through with it and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel makes things alot easier, still have my health, and my house and most importantly my bike. I know its the one that "got away" and i will more than likely regret for the rest of my life but at the end of the day knowing i have enough money to cover all the bills and the what if's will take enough stress off of me to make it worthwhile.

My mom called me yesterday and had "gotten the idea i was selling it" and her exact words were "what the **** are you thinking, are you stupid?" Which actually suprised me, she was even offering up money to pay off some of my bills and i turned it down, i moved out at 17 years old and have never taken any help since then, as i told her i got myself into this and i will dig myself out of it. In the short term it really sucks, but in the long term it will make life alot easier....That and i am already planning for the "game changer" i plan on building and best of all the title will be in my hand :thumbsup:

it sucks to lose toys and things you work for. at the end of the day though bro youre taking charge of your financial situation and will be alot better off in the long run. seem like you have your life together and are still fairly young those theres more time to enjoy the toys later in life. ill pass this on to a few buddies i know that have been looking.

would you pull the lift and tires off and sell it? also i got a buddy that has a 12v that needs to be put together, i havent seen it yet but i can talk to him if you want. could prob get it fairly cheap.

It does suck to sell something you worked so hard on. In a few years when you are in a much better financial spot it will all make sense.

it sucks to lose toys and things you work for. at the end of the day though bro youre taking charge of your financial situation and will be alot better off in the long run. seem like you have your life together and are still fairly young those theres more time to enjoy the toys later in life. ill pass this on to a few buddies i know that have been looking.

would you pull the lift and tires off and sell it? also i got a buddy that has a 12v that needs to be put together, i havent seen it yet but i can talk to him if you want. could prob get it fairly cheap.

Thanks man, i'm trying to sell it intact as i dont have very much of the stock parts left:whistle: I'm usually really good about hanging onto the stock stuff just in case, hell have a garage full of stock parts from trucks i dont own anymore!! This one i only have the stock injector nozzles and i think the intake. If i did have all the stock goodies i'd probably detune, sell all the go fast parts and sell the truck as in.
My brother is waiting on a quote back from the credit union, they have been awesome, even offered to try to see if i could refinance and extend the loan out to 7years so i could keep it, i had bought it with a 4 year loan. I considered it but i guess i'm just over it, ready to move on. They also asked what i was looking into and said it would not be any problem to finance something else through them (my dad had his one car he ever financed through them which was how i got in, and only way my brother can get a loan with them being family) Told her what i was looking at and how much it would be, if truck goes for what i'm asking or close to it i can pay the loan off and have a few grand left over for the new truck. Lady told me yesterday if i wanted to put whats left in the bank and take a loan on the new truck(looking about 5k at the most) and got me an estimate on what it would run monthly with my credit showing the 06 paid off 2 years early. May go that route as well it would be dirt cheap for a couple years.

Thats a nice truck you got there, lots of work and dedication, I hope everything turns around and works on you favor, good luck with the sale :thumbsup:

Really thought i'd be sitting on this for awhile, had 4 people come to look at it this weekend, 3 called back needing me to call they're finance company to give them more info for a quote.

Have had 2 guys look at it this evening and another from wyoming should be here any minute. Gotta say made it very clear that unless they were very serious there would be no test drives, the one guy today took it out with me riding shot gun, this thing is scary as hell from the passenger seat :laugh:

Kinda leary about that guy, he said it scared the crap out of him and i had it on my regular daily drive settings which is no pressure box and my tow tune, ie about 530 horses....Think he'd total it turned up

Back