The ending of an era

BigBadDodge

Registered
And hopefully the turning of a page. Bid farewell to the dodge this morning :banghead: Week and a half on the market, didnt get exactly what i wanted for but the loan is paid off and i have a few hundred in my pocket. Went to a active army husband/wife about 80 miles south of me. Will be spending her coming days in a heated shop with 10' doors.

2.5 years ago i brought her home to replace my 02 ram that was stolen.
week after i purchased it went on the dyno with an intake, exhaust and programmer and made 506hp/975ftlbs first trip to the track netted a 16.3@84mph (5800ft elevation)

Little bit of time and money later, fast forward 2.5 years
687hp/1490ftlbs and 13.8@115mph and all on a 7800lbs truck with a 6" lift and 10ply 35x12.5's

Had alot left to do but without having money to fix whatever i broke anymore decided to part ways with it, going to pay some things off, few credit cards, legal and other expense's from zeus, and start putting money away to pickup something else. Looking like a 1st gen dodge dually right now 89-93, possibly a second gen 94-98 12 valve pending a decent deal. Want to build about 1k horses on fuel and then spray the absolute hell out of it :laugh: till i'm either the top dog or leaving broken. And starting to shop around for a street glide as well:whistle:

Here's the last pics i took of it, and one my mom took (still hasnt figured out pics on the phone)
end.jpg

end1.jpg

Been a crazy few years, met some amazing people, did things that "couldnt be done", made a pretty decent name for myself in the diesel world out here and had a whole lot of fun. Definitely gonna miss this one.

Yep, not hurting to bad over it since i've now come into the light at the end of the tunnel.
Have my dads blazer on loan till whenever and will have my monte carlo back up and running tomorrow (i cant stand the blazer)

Actually thinking of holding out till next fall to buy another truck, come summer i'll be on the bike all season anyway, that'll let me put some money away. I can use the blazer for the next few months where i may need 4 wheel drive. Looking into picking up another monte carlo SS, had an 88 that i sold some years ago and to this day regret. Would love to get another one just as a nice weather/cruise night car.

man i miss my truck also its been 3 years since she's been gone, but life goes on, sometimes we have to do what we have to do to get buy
being debt free and being able to pay on some things will be good for ya

I think you'll like the street glide. I had a 07 one and loved it.

Good luck with it all! :beerchug:

Back