Second gear is slipping at 50,000 miles.

This is an exact mirror of my situation. I did a post on it. My second gear and first were slipping. I had both replaced with new bearing and while i was at it my shop replaced both upper and lower along with new oil pump, and pick up. then they did the top end by degreeing the cams and putting an intake on the exhaust side and then milling the head. also cleaning the valves and putting in new seats for the valves. everything is new now except the pistons but they were in fine shape. you could still see the honing marks on the piston walls. I had 42k miles on it when i did this. I drag race it alot too. If you have someone who knows what they are doing. i mean really know. and have them degree the cams and put the intake cam on the exhaust side and mill the head to the right spot then it will give you the power you want and keep it at 1300cc. assuming you have a good tune. I have a brock alien head with a brock map on my 06 so i didnt need a tune. gas is still 87 pump. pulls really hard now all through the band. hope this helps. good luck with it:cheerleader:

Heck. just buy a new bike! The economy needs it and many dealers are giving them away!!! Good Luck with whatever you do.

There is a ton on info on the board on it. When damaged they slip, but not smooth like a clutch slip. It feels more like a very worn chain with missing countershaft sprocket teeth. If you have a clutch slipping it will usually start in the high gears and work its way down. Not the lower gears and then up.

Well said! Thank you!

Back