Seats

busavince

Registered
Finished these two days ago.I removed the foam down to the plastic pan glue down heat proof 3/16 thick foil then 1/2 matting with upholstery glue and I glue down this leather.The cuping fits me and the seat is lowerd by two inches so I am behond the fairing completely now.I also did the bitch seat so if I want I can slide back on that.

20161020_230051.jpg

not my cup of tea... but kudos for trying something on your own. i have a handfull of seats for the gen1's that i have played with over the years making covers with different types of foam and leather material and the hardest part is geting it to strech smothly .... i have learned that a heat gun is your friend for that

Finished these two days ago.I removed the foam down to the plastic pan glue down heat proof 3/16 thick foil then 1/2 matting with upholstery glue and I glue down this leather.The cuping fits me and the seat is lowerd by two inches so I am behond the fairing completely now.I also did the bitch seat so if I want I can slide back on that.

View attachment 1523364
been there done that keep yer tea kit.

Hopefully you only have 2 personalities...... Lol! Good trying some DIY on the seat. Frankly, I'm pretty sure Corbin got it way better than I could in a hundred tries!

Back