Gen2 Kontour Seat

wow sorry you had a bad experience with that seat.

Big E should go for the Russell seat. He's a baller! :whistle:

If I had a stock seat to send in. I would of already done the Russell seat. Maybe somehow I can convert your seat onto my busa.

I would like to have a seat like DJ has, but for my 08 Busa. It may turn out to be quite a challenge to get something like that though as the pans on the BKing and Busa are different. I may have a hard time explaining to RDL what it is I want and if they are able to even create that.

I would like to have a seat like DJ has, but for my 08 Busa. It may turn out to be quite a challenge to get something like that though as the pans on the BKing and Busa are different. I may have a hard time explaining to RDL what it is I want and if they are able to even create that.

The pans are different, but both the stock seats are very similiar. It shouldn't be any problem for them to create the same thing to fit the Busa.:beerchug:

Sorry to here this Marty, Let me know if I can help with the seat. I have some good tools to work on it with. I have had mine apart a few times. I am leaving Sat morning to go to Maui and will be back the Next Sat. Just give me a call if you need me. I still can not see the pics

The Russell Day Long seat would have been the better bet. Its got a pretty good name so its gotta be good :whistle:

Never heard of anyone who did not like a Russel seat. I've sat/ridden on a few and they are amazing. I personally am a fan of beads myself.

I just sent RDL an email asking for a price on a BKing style seat like DJ has on a 2008 Busa seat pan. Will update later.

I have a friend who sent in his Speed Triple seat to Mean City Cycles as lowering the bike was not enough to get a good footing on the ground. He is extremely happy with his seat and I believe it was $45 plus shipping for reshaping but they offer supreme seat for much cheaper than $375.

For me, the RDL seats look like something from La-Z-Boy.

I have a spare stock seat sitting in a box but I have yet to really be uncomfortable. Anyone here try Mean City Cycles?

Sorry to here this Marty, Let me know if I can help with the seat. I have some good tools to work on it with. I have had mine apart a few times. I am leaving Sat morning to go to Maui and will be back the Next Sat. Just give me a call if you need me. I still can not see the pics

I'll talk to you when you get home, thanks.

I received a reply from RDL about a Busa style seat similar to what DJ has on his BKing. I know some people feel this looks like a lazy boy, but I like it and I am the one paying for it. It is my ass pain that I have to deal with every day, so I am going to do it when I get the funds together.

> Hello, I have a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa that I have turned into a
> cruiser. I am looking to get a seat made for it like the seat in the
> picture attached. The picture is a Russell Day Long seat made for a
> 2009 Suzuki BKing, which is very similar to the Hayabusa.
>
> Could you please provide me a rough quote and specific instructions I
> am to include on the order when I send in the seat pan and
> instructions.
>
> Thanks

Hello,
We build our custom day-long touring saddles using your stock seat. To get the process started please submit an online order form through our website and use the S-1 price code. The price will depend on the type of material you choose such as all vinyl or leather. The one pictured is an all vinyl seat with the rectangle pattern and the cost is $375 plus shipping.
Thank you, Kim

If anyone needs a stock 2008 seat to send in for modification, I have a spare. I bought it on Ebay for $70 shipped. I can do the same $70 shipped and will send directly to whomever you would need.

I bought one thinking I would get my seat done but bought a few other things and it is just sitting around.

Try pics again

SDC10250.jpg

Finally the pics work!
After several hundred miles the seat is more comfortable, but only if I sit all the way to the back. As I've said, if I had sent a seat that was already comfortable it would have been great. It's been very nice sitting on a seat that stays cool too, although it'll be terrible in cold weather.
I'm going to get some foam and re do the seat and it should be fine. I'm going to re do my Corbin for the cold weather too.
Overall the Kontour is a really good seat, but after shipping costs of getting my stock seat to them, $25 return shipping, and the $375 price, I'de say it's too expensive.

Back