Seat advice!

coreywiley

Registered
Me and my club are going on a trip from Va to Springfield Ma. In June . I need to find another seat that's not going to have my butt hurting after the first 50 miles. Right now I have the custom made Tobin's on and it's not comfortable at all. What's the most comfortable seat out there for long trips? Plz include pics if u can. thanks!

I have a corbin, and have been NOTHING but happy with it...

285934_4159529320806_1686417180_o.jpg

285934_4159529320806_1686417180_o.jpg

corbin seat all the way...did over 5 hr trip and no problems at all..i also got the rear seat and back rest,rear seat is about 4 inches thick..and rear passengers dont complain about sore butt at all...lol..front seat,rear seat and back rest $700...and you get to keep origional seats..

IMHO, 0nly way to find THE best seat is take one for a LONG ride......would be nice if we had seats for rent :)

Best for some may NOT be best for you (different body types/shapes/sizes, different bike ergonomics, etc.). FWIW, I am 70-in tall, "short arms," 30-in inseam and currently weigh 185 lbs (without gear) and have helibar risers, stock pegs. I ran stock, Corbin (wanted to try one so bought a used one) and Suzuki Gel (came with bike)...all worked fine for me. I bought a Saddlemen Gel-Channel Tech Seat (bought used, also cheap) but still have to take it for a spin.

saddlemen_gel_channel_tech_seat_suzuki_hayabusa_gsx1300_r19992007_zoom.jpg

Corbins are great seats, but as said, that's a personal preference.
I would buy whatever seat now and put some miles and hours on it now.
Corbins take a while to break in too. You don't want any brand new seat for a long trip.

I know some have said Corbin isn't for them, and I can see how this could be true.

It needs to "form" to your butt.. Mine wasn't very comfortable the first 1000 miles or so, but now, it's not so much that it's comfortable, it's just that I don't complain that my a$$ hurts on a 400 mile ride. It's like you don't think of it.

When you fell my seat, it's rock hard, you'd never know it was "comfortable" but it just is. It's weird. Like the opposite of a gel seat.

Like others I like my Corbin seat,, after it was broke in. When you first get one they are very firm and not much more comfortable than stock, however a couple 500 mile days later and it was much better.

So if I buy a Corbin it's best to buy a used one cause chances are it's already been broken it

But it'd be broken in to someone else's butt. :D

For what it's worth, I bought mine used and had no real issues. :beerchug:

However I was fairly assured that I was heavier than the previous owner. Just based on statistics. :rofl:

I bought a tobin seat...they ask for your waist size...it puts you a nice position and has a raised part behind your butt...you don't slide back....if you want to launch ...lift up and slide back you can do that too..the material is nice and padding is great. The turn around is fast...they may be able to make one for you and when they get your core...send it out asap

I bought a tobin seat...they ask for your waist size...it puts you a nice position and has a raised part behind your butt...you don't slide back....if you want to launch ...lift up and slide back you can do that too..the material is nice and padding is great. The turn around is fast...they may be able to make one for you and when they get your core...send it out asap

See post #1:laugh:

Back