Sea foam gas additive

The bottle says up to 50/50 ratio Is safe? That means you can use the whole bottle on one tank of gas? I know using to little wont help much. How much do you guys add?

Please reread the instructions. According to the site it says to use a 50/50 mix in a fuel injector cleaning machine, not for cleaning fuel injection. From the site:

"
For regular fuel system maintenance, add 1 ounce per gallon.

For cleaning, use 2 or more ounces per gallon – the more you add to fuel, the better it cleans! Add when the tank is low to maximize cleaning concentration.

For injector cleaning machines, use 50/50 mixed with gas.
"

Thinking that every chemical overprescribes itself (free money!), when I first used it I used 1.5 oz instead of the recommended 2 oz. I used this mix in my VFR which was completely neglected and did so after the injectors and intake were already redone. It significantly improved the ailing startup. It went from a slow panting increase to instantaneously going to the high (warm-up) idle.

Please reread the instructions. According to the site it says to use a 50/50 mix in a fuel injector cleaning machine, not for cleaning fuel injection. From the site:

"

For cleaning, use 2 or more ounces per gallon – the more you add to fuel, the better it cleans! Add when the tank is low to maximize cleaning concentration.

"

Thinking that every chemical overprescribes itself (free money!), when I first used it I used 1.5 oz instead of the recommended 2 oz. I used this mix in my VFR which was completely neglected and did so after the injectors and intake were already redone. It significantly improved the ailing startup. It went from a slow panting increase to instantaneously going to the high (warm-up) idle.
Thanks for the info!

exhaust tips have a white residue? I’m sure that it’s working.

image.jpg

I usually run Chevron fuel with Techron thru my engines and every now and then pour a lil Seafoam into the mix, very sparingly according to the instructions. Top tier Shell and even Valero stations have good gas too. Always park it with a full tank too. Everything stays cleaner.

I here and there. Its pretty good stuff but if you want to clean out your injectors and fuel line without taking the injectors out I would use Wynns Power Charge. You can get it at Brocks website ... Not cheap but it works wonders.

Rubb,

Could that be why you keep having issues with the sensor for the turbo you have?

Rubb,

Could that be why you keep having issues with the sensor for the turbo you have?
Never thought of that.... :banghead:
I don't think so, but you never know. The sensor in which you speak of measures O2 amount. No fuel goes in it. But U never boss.Thanks.
Rubb.

@2013hayabusabehre91 I always have used 1 fl oz/gallon of gas for storage. As mentioned in your other thread, never had a fuel system problem in 12 years. I was told Seafoam is very strong and it may damage delicate metal parts if used in too high of a concentration. The guy said he sometimes soaks very dirty small parts in pure Seafoam but he wouldn't leave them set in it for too long.

The 50/50 mixture must be for an injector cleaner machine where fluid is forced through injectors that are removed from the engine.

Well i doubt anyone is pouring 2 gallons of seafoam into their tank for that 50/50 ratio. But I did see on YouTube some kids that filled a cars tank with 100s of bottles of octane booster :laugh:

Berryman b12 is much cheaper and stronger if looking to do some heavier cleaning. Seafoam I feel safer leaving in the tank longer before season end stabil.

Never thought of that.... :banghead:
I don't think so, but you never know. The sensor in which you speak of measures O2 amount. No fuel goes in it. But U never boss.Thanks.
Rubb.
I run it on my Turbo AMG at 32 PSI and never had an issue. Did you ever figure out that sensor issue?

I run it on my Turbo AMG at 32 PSI and never had an issue. Did you ever figure out that sensor issue?
Its still unclear on whats causing me to have 2 of them "go south" in a matter of months. Its been suggested that one from a GM auto could do the trick. Thing is I want to know whats causing their early death. I don't want to drop bucks on this every time I get that error message.
DOH! :banghead:
Rubb.

With sensors it could be fluctuating voltage. How old is your battery?

Its still unclear on whats causing me to have 2 of them "go south" in a matter of months. Its been suggested that one from a GM auto could do the trick. Thing is I want to know whats causing their early death. I don't want to drop bucks on this every time I get that error message.
DOH! :banghead:
Rubb.

Back