Anyone familiar with Seafoam gas/oil additive

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Sea Foam motor treatment.

It's a bit pricy at $10 a pint, but was recommended by a mechanic I like for cars.

I'm using it as a fuel injector cleaner, but the can states that it can be added at 1.5 ounces per quart to oil to clean other parts.

Anyone use it on their busa?

Yeah.... Recently. My bike had sat for a long time before I bought it and wasn't running as well as I would have liked at low revs. Tried throttle balancing which made no difference so I tried seafoam as recommended on here. I've used additives before but this actually felt like it made a difference. So pleased that I put the other half a bottle or so in the car and that feels better too! Wasn't cheap, but it's easier than emptying the old fuel from the tank.

Yeah.... Recently. My bike had sat for a long time before I bought it and wasn't running as well as I would have liked at low revs. Tried throttle balancing which made no difference so I tried seafoam as recommended on here. I've used additives before but this actually felt like it made a difference. So pleased that I put the other half a bottle or so in the car and that feels better too! Wasn't cheap, but it's easier than emptying the old fuel from the tank.

Thanks HK. My mech was pleased with Sea Foam, and another by Chevron. He didn't think much of any of the usual brands.

F

I have used it for years on everything from lawnmowers to boats and everything in bewtween. It's a great product. Read the can sometime, there are a ton of applications/uses. I just wish I could buy it over here :down:

I have used it for years on everything from lawnmowers to boats and everything in bewtween. It's a great product. Read the can sometime, there are a ton of applications/uses. I just wish I could buy it over here :down:

Thanks for the info. The can shows a lot of uses. I'm tempted to add it to my oil.

Where is over here?

F

Italy. There are a lot of automotive products and chemicals that I cannot get here that I miss using. It's great in oil BTW, you have never seen such nasty black oil as you will after you have used seafoam in it. Cleans the crap out of everything.

Does wonders to high mileage cars when put through the vacuum lines.

It's great at decarbonizing basically anything and everything without harming anything...i've used seafoam products for years and love their aerosol spray lube/cleaner..matter fact?..when i clean reusable airfilters such as K&N or the BMC Race on my busa?..i dont buy the $25 "Re-Charge Kits"..they are a joke and a rip-off..instead i spray'em out hard with 409 (grease/oil solvent) then rinse thoroughly with water..then with low air pressure blow'em dry then giv'em a good hosing with the seafoam spray..and it actually works better than the recharge kits cause the recharge kits are just mineral oil with red food coloring added to give the gauze filter that pink coloration as a visual aid for complete coverage..then it takes a bit for the excess to get sucked through your throttle bodies and engine..where the excess that gets sucked through mine isnt mineral oil with red food coloring..it's seafoam!...and costs me about $1 to clean & recharge my re-usable gauze filters. :)

always worked for me. stabil is a good product if your going to store someting for a while also.

Seafoam is great stuff.It was intended for 2 stroke outboard boat motors to free up rings.I use it in stubborn cars that wont run right.Works in trannies also.

seafoam rocks...i have been using it in everything for a long time probably 25 years. it has been around for ever. it is a small engine mechanics dream come true.

I buy Sea Foam by the gallon. Just recently got 1 Gal at AutoZone for $64. Goes into my cars and bike.

My mechanic also suggested Techron (by Chevron), which I just bought (two bottles) - around $12 each, and will give it a shot - my car starts lazily in the morning and I suspect clogged injectors. It was also misfiring, but that got taken care of by Sea Foam.

My 99 duallie truck with only 46k on it sometimes did not want to start the first time after shutting it off and restarting. Dumped a can of Seafoam in it with half a tank of fuel and it starts much better now. Seafoam works great!

Used it in every one of my 10 projects bikes as well as all 3 of my cars, great stuff. In fact, I'm such a believer now that when I went to pick up the last project car, I stopped at the first gas station on the 2 hour trip home and just dumped in a can immediately. Car ran noticeable smoother by the time I got home.

I wouldn't put it in your crankcase though. Not sure how well your wet clutch will like it. Haven't heard anything on the compatibility with hypereutectic pistons/cylinders either..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I use it in my boat at the begining of the season (5.0 sterndrive) and it works good. Never put in my bike, but it doesn't have a lot of miles yet.

It works fine in the crankcase and clutch of the busa and other bikes. I live by Seafoam. I have used it in every motor I have ran from cars to trucks to bikes, hell, anything. The reason it won't hurt the clutch or cylinders is because it is just petroleum distillates (spelling?) which is the same as gas and oil with out the other bonding molecules that make them gas and oil. Its science, I'm a nerd, I don't care, whatever. Anyways, I only put it in the crankcases about 50-100 miles before I change the oil. You won't believe the crap that will come out of there.

Seafoam is another one of God's gifts to mankind. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work and your engine seizes up or your clutch goes out or something, there is a guarantee on the label. :cheerleader:

Northern Tool, at least the one here in Roanoke, VA usually sells 'damaged bottles' ie dented, of the gas treatment for half price! I use it in my mowers, bikes, cars and trucks!!

It works fine in the crankcase and clutch of the busa and other bikes. I live by Seafoam. I have used it in every motor I have ran from cars to trucks to bikes, hell, anything. The reason it won't hurt the clutch or cylinders is because it is just petroleum distillates (spelling?) which is the same as gas and oil with out the other bonding molecules that make them gas and oil. Its science, I'm a nerd, I don't care, whatever. Anyways, I only put it in the crankcases about 50-100 miles before I change the oil. You won't believe the crap that will come out of there.

Seafoam is another one of God's gifts to mankind. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work and your engine seizes up or your clutch goes out or something, there is a guarantee on the label. :cheerleader:

+1 Exactly

Back