Scrapping sound

mr8ball

Registered
I have been hearing a scraping sound around the chain area on my bike and was wondering if anyone else has herd it on their bike. When i am on the throttle it sounds like metal rubbing together and when i let off the gas it stops. I adjusted the chine to see if that helped but is did not. I took the bike to the dealer today to have the No.199 service bulletin checked today and should know something about it tomorrow. What are your thoughts on this and what should i look for if they don't find anything in the clutch area. The bike has 7800 miles on it. Thanks in advance.

I haven't noticed any sort of scraping sound coming from mine man. Have you kept your chain cleaned/lubed? Is it the proper tension? Is the rear wheel at least lined up with the swingarm chain adjustment marks?

D

I haven't noticed any sort of scraping sound coming from mine man. Have you kept your chain cleaned/lubed? Is it the proper tension? Is the rear wheel at least lined up with the swingarm chain adjustment marks?

D

Yes to all. I have double checked everything and found nothing. Thanks for the quick responce

Yes to all. I have double checked everything and found nothing. Thanks for the quick responce
Damned if I know. If you have a front and rear stand, you could put it up on both, start it, and very carefully put it in 1st gear. Be careful, and try to see if you can get a better idea where the scraping is coming from while the wheel is turning under power. Oh and be careful if you decide to do this.

D

Damned if I know. If you have a front and rear stand, you could put it up on both, start it, and very carefully put it in 1st gear. Be careful, and try to see if you can get a better idea where the scraping is coming from while the wheel is turning under power. Oh and be careful if you decide to do this.

D

I tried this also, The chain was jumping around so much i really could not tell much about it. I am hoping that the dealer will find something in the clutch.

I had a scrapping sound on my GSX R1000 in the same area, it was the speedo impulse gear that was lose, which is screwed on side of the front gear. Perhaps it is the same solution on Busa -08 ???

Thanks for all the things to look for. I have it at the dealer right now. I will let you know what they find something.

Back