Scorpion Helmet -- junk?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I am attaching pics of a Scorpion EXO that is less than a year old. This helmet has never been dropped or mis-handled. You can see from the pics that the plastic on the front and top vents is broken. I put some paper behind the front vent to show the broken area.

I have a $60.00 helmet that has held up a lot better than this. I looked for a contact us on the Scorpion site. I can't find one.

I can tell you where I won't be shopping for my next helmet!

scorpion EXO.jpg

scorpion2 EXO.jpg

That sucks!! I've got the same helmet in flat black and love it because it never fogs while I'm staging, unlike my Shoei. Have you spoke with your dealer about any kind of a warranty???

I am attaching pics of a Scorpion EXO that is less than a year old. This helmet has never been dropped or mis-handled. You can see from the pics that the plastic on the front and top vents is broken. I looked for a contact us on the Scorpion site. I can't find one.

3 year warrenty on helmets (several clauses though). Here's the warrenty and contact info for returns.. Scorpion Sports 2008 Warranty & Returns

Last edited:
Are you sure someone else didn't drop it? Children, girlfriend, brother, spouse, etc? I would think it odd that those damages would occur naturally on any helmet.

good thing you didn't drop it then you would be poed about the faceshield popping off thats why I have an Arai.

You know i have shoei helmets but my first with the bike are scorpions , 3 years later still look new not bad for the price . Even have that same helmet ???

It looks like a drop??? Mind you I wouldn't expect the kinda damage to a helmet from a drop unless you dropped out a window from the 3 rd or 4 th floor:laugh:

Dropped or something, my Scorpion helmets are great.

i have the exo1000 i absolutely love it especially the inflatable cheek pads really snuggs it up nice

Someone dropped it indeed.

I felt the front vent pop loose when I raised my shield. I could see this piece of plastic sticking out with the helmet on. I took the helmet off, and said WTF!
There is some kind of goop behind the vent holding it on. Now I will have to find some kind of black cement to put it back.

Could be some kind of big bug hit, but what does that say about the strength of the helmet in general? Ive noticed that the mirror part of the shield is gradually retreating from the bottom where I touch it when I raise the shield.
I've got an old $60.00 helmet that isn't nearly as fragile as this one.

My lady had a scorpion. The faceshield mechanism on the right side blew apart randomly one day while we were at a bike shop. No drop. Just lifted the visors and springs and plastic pieces went everywhere. She got an HJC she likes shortly thereafter.

My lady had a scorpion. The faceshield mechanism on the right side blew apart randomly one day while we were at a bike shop. No drop. Just lifted the visors and springs and plastic pieces went everywhere. She got an HJC she likes shortly thereafter.

That sounds right. When I look at the plastic on the vent, it is paper thin. It looks like the part on the helmet just pulled out of the vent and left a hole in the plastic of the vent.

I was thinking about an HJC where the front opens up. Any thoughts on that version?

That sounds right. When I look at the plastic on the vent, it is paper thin. It looks like the part on the helmet just pulled out of the vent and left a hole in the plastic of the vent.

I was thinking about an HJC where the front opens up. Any thoughts on that version?

I went and looked at that one and found it to be quite heavy. I wouldn't buy any HJC unless it was maybe their carbon one cause I don't like how heavy they are. My first helmet was a 120 dollar HJC and I only used it for about a month before I bought an Arai.

Maybe you went fast enough it fell apart? :bowdown:
My Shoie's only rated up to 650 MPH...LoL

Seriously I would give them a call. I have had nothing but excellent customer service from them. If it is really a defect they will take care of you.

I wouldn't buy any HJC unless it was maybe their carbon one cause I don't like how heavy they are..

I used some HJC's back in the day and they were heavy enough to make my neck really sore. I never realized the difference though until I started buying Shoie. I will say this though, the technology has come a long long way and even though HJC might be heavier than a $500 helmet, they are much lighter than they used to be.

My neck was like :banghead:

I had an HJC that did that....eventually every vent broke on it. No issues with my Scorpion Exo 1K......after 1 year and around 15K miles. :whistle:

Back