Scorpio SR-i600 Install tonight

bstamper

Registered
Well providing the little guy goes to sleep eairly enough anyway. I will be installing it on my 08 Black/Orange. I got this on the group buy (I know and I haven't installed it yet!!). I am going to do my best to document the install to turn this into a post similar to ICEMANN's how-to. My one question is anyone with an 08 who has installed this is the wire to splice into for the Ignition Disable the orange w/ white as ICEMANN's post says? Also I have the factory harness (factory connector kit) for the 08 purchased with the alarm. Using this where exactly on the bike are the connectors I plug it into? The wireing that comes w/ the alarm has a Generic connector kit that uses wires that tap int o the turn signal, tail signal, and ground wires. But where are the connectors that the factory connector kit plug into located I guess is what i'm asking? And to get to them do I have to remove anything more than the seats? I think I have read almost every post on here referencing this alarm as well as the manual so I hope I'm ready for this.

not sure on the 08 but on my 06 I had to pull the rear body panel off to get to the connection point. It was the plug for the rear light.

I still had to splice into the turn signals with the additional kit that came with mine, but did so after the wiring harness as to not cut into it.

Well providing the little guy goes to sleep eairly enough anyway. I will be installing it on my 08 Black/Orange. I got this on the group buy (I know and I haven't installed it yet!!). I am going to do my best to document the install to turn this into a post similar to ICEMANN's how-to. My one question is anyone with an 08 who has installed this is the wire to splice into for the Ignition Disable the orange w/ white as ICEMANN's post says? Also I have the factory harness (factory connector kit) for the 08 purchased with the alarm. Using this where exactly on the bike are the connectors I plug it into? The wireing that comes w/ the alarm has a Generic connector kit that uses wires that tap int o the turn signal, tail signal, and ground wires. But where are the connectors that the factory connector kit plug into located I guess is what i'm asking? And to get to them do I have to remove anything more than the seats? I think I have read almost every post on here referencing this alarm as well as the manual so I hope I'm ready for this.
Take the rear tail section off and your will see the connections to connect the factory plug in. I have not installed the starter disabler, because i don't know what wire(s) to cut. i have a k8 with the same alarm system

OK well that wasn't to bad. I also did not install the starter disabler until I know which wire to cut. I will post the pics I have tomorrow and I should have some detailed enough that someone can point out the right wire. I believe I've found it but am not positive. I ended up installing the "brain" on the outside in the "fender" on the right side (if your sitting on the bike). I placed the motion detector right on top of the ECU under the front seat. I tried on the battery but found the seat would not go back on. I also tested the motion detector and found that it works rather well right where it is set for sensitivity. If I walk up and stand next to the bike for 1 to 2 seconds it starts chirping at me in warning. I didn't stick around to find out how long I had to stay there to make it go off. I have pictures of all of this and will post tomorrow. I think overall its pretty clean. However, now that I'm back up in the condo i've knowticed that I have a little icon on the screen for the "Signal Indicator" (looks like a little antenna in the upper right hand corner). But if i try to arm/disarm the bike it will not. I can only hope that this means the remote doesn't have enough power to transmit the change to the alarm and not that if someone sets it off it wont reach the remote. I am 2 floors up and a ways over from the location of the bike. Guess the only way to find out would be to have someone set it off while i'm up here and then run down to shut it off.

Don't do the starter wire. You want to do the fuel pump power. It's NOT a starter disable. It's an anti-hijack cutoff. It only breaks the circuit when the alarm has been set off. The engine won't run very long if the fuel pressure drops to 0 lbs. Fuel injectors don't work without adequate pressure.

The "signal indicator" lets you know the remote is still hearing from the bike alarm. The remote doesn't send out a very strong signal when you press the buttons. It can recieve a signal much farther than it can send one.

Yes i see this now as I've gone to work and the bike is at home. The signal indicator is gone. Well hopefully picts and detailed steps to come soon here. If it is the fuel pump wire can you let me know which one that is? is it the orange/white?

Don't splice into the orange and white wire. If you do you might have problems. That wire is the ignition wire on the side of the bike. some have had problems including myself. What happens is the bike cuts out and dies when you hit 8k. You want to splice into the wires going to your fuel pump. I do belive it is the red or green one I'll double check when I get home otherwise call airtronics. the number is 800-428-0440.

I will take a look when I get the picts posted as well. Then may call them to double check. Thanks for the reply!!

Sounds like you have some good advisors here. I have the same alarm system on my bike and so far have had great response to it.

I don't typically leave it where I need to worry about it, but there will be some travel coming up soon which will yield it invaluable.

Good luck!

Scar

Back