schools: Code vs Class or Star

spotrot

Registered
From what I've read online, all three sound great (…for what I want: #1 improving street riding/safety skills and #2 fun at the track -- racing is not my goal).

I'm leaning toward renting a bike for my first time at a track. I'm guessing that moving my Hayabusa around on a track all day with my 160 lb weight would detract from the experience.

Code offers a one-day school for $675 on a S1000RR.

Star offers a one-day school for $650 on a SV650.

Any advice from members who have been to one of these schools (or more than one) would be appreciated.

Thanks

i did the class ( Reg Pridmore ) at Barber with my busa - it was the most fun for two days i ever had - bike handled great with new dunlops - required - the bike will lean way further than your brain will let it - Pridmore is a class act -no question - i am always 50-50 about going to a class school or heading to north georgia mountains -----

Keith Code puts on a great show. I wouldn't rule out the Pridmore boys (Jason & Reggie) both are excellent.

If you are simply looking to improve your street skills for safety as well as make the best out of your track days, I'd suggest you sign up for a local school. Every track has them and you'll learn just as much for a lot less money.

Secondly, if your everyday ride is a busa, then take your busa to the school with new skins. You cannot beat the Dunlop Q2 for track days. Just as good as race rubber at track day pace. The Pridmore boys run the Q's on thier own bikes. If you have any doubts as to how well they perform, just watch Jason or Reg romp the ass off those things.

If you ride a rental bike, keep in mind if you drop it you pay for it! It will most likely cost more than repairing your own bike. Chances are very slim you'll drop your bike at a school. You are there for instruction, not to see how fast you can negotiate the track.

I gather it will be your first adventure on the track, no? If so, relax, drink lots of water, take notes on what you are learning as you learn and enjoy the fun. It won't be your last trip to the track! :beerchug:

Last edited:
It is very good to hear about your experience at Star.

I didn't expect the local tracks would have a school, that's a great idea if they (Jennings or Sebring) do.

One reason for choosing the rental was a chance to ride a SV or s1000RR and see how they feel to me and how they feel on a track. Judging by comments, track days are addictive and I'm thinking of adding either a SV or the S1000RR to the stable.

Great comments, very valuable,

Thanks,

John

Back