School shootings

I grew up middle class, and that’s how we settled it. On the playground. No, violence isn’t okay anywhere, but all these kids gotta do is grab dads rifle and shoot em up. Maybe more focus on gun safety for the parents??
I grew up middle class, and that’s how we settled it. On the playground. No, violence isn’t okay anywhere, but all these kids gotta do is grab dads rifle and shoot em up. Maybe more focus on gun safety for the parents??
ding ding ding...… the parents are morons.... so what do u figure the kids are gonna be?

ding ding ding...… the parents are morons.... so what do u figure the kids are gonna be?

We can blame this all on the parents but society is what is to blame. A society which has made it necessary for two parents to work in order to make ends meet. Two parents working means less supervision on the kids.

Day care and before and after school programs can't hope to catch a problem child. Even parents have a hard time with this as kids are becoming more and more introverted and spend more time on line than in person.

The easy solution is to say the parents need to get them off line and back to the good 'ol days of playing outside and being kids again. The problem with this is-the parents work all day and sometimes odd hours so tracking and maintaining such a demand is next to impossible for them.

Can it be done? sure, should it be done? Yes. the drawback is in order to get this done, subsidies to living need to be given in order for a parent to either work less or not at all so they can stay home and grip their kids.

Kids are still getting bullied and harassed on a daily basis from their peers and ignored by their parents/siblings.

They immerse themselves in a fantasy world of video games which are filled with killing and in those games they gain power and feel good as a result...the end result is evident-watch the news.

We can blame this all on the parents but society is what is to blame. A society which has made it necessary for two parents to work in order to make ends meet. Two parents working means less supervision on the kids.

Day care and before and after school programs can't hope to catch a problem child. Even parents have a hard time with this as kids are becoming more and more introverted and spend more time on line than in person.

The easy solution is to say the parents need to get them off line and back to the good 'ol days of playing outside and being kids again. The problem with this is-the parents work all day and sometimes odd hours so tracking and maintaining such a demand is next to impossible for them.

Can it be done? sure, should it be done? Yes. the drawback is in order to get this done, subsidies to living need to be given in order for a parent to either work less or not at all so they can stay home and grip their kids.

Kids are still getting bullied and harassed on a daily basis from their peers and ignored by their parents/siblings.

They immerse themselves in a fantasy world of video games which are filled with killing and in those games they gain power and feel good as a result...the end result is evident-watch the news.

I have to disagree a little bit Yellow. One income can support a household but it has to be a little different than what we consider normal now. No cell phones or just phones not smart phones (couple hundred a month for a family plan). No cable TV (minimum of 100 a month usually closer to 200). One good car and one old car (not a 45 grand SUV usually 2 of them). No eating out 5 times a week (at least an extra 150 spent). A small house, does a family of 4 really need 3000 square feet to live in?

We as a "modern" society live way beyond what we need to be comfortable (I include myself in this). If family is really a priority then they will make the sacrifices for family.

You couldn't be more wrong. Just because both parents work doesnt mean they cant instill the right morals.
If anything I think it shows the parents are doing what it takes to make ends meet, which should be respected by ones kids.

I have to disagree a little bit Yellow. One income can support a household but it has to be a little different than what we consider normal now. No cell phones or just phones not smart phones (couple hundred a month for a family plan). No cable TV (minimum of 100 a month usually closer to 200). One good car and one old car (not a 45 grand SUV usually 2 of them). No eating out 5 times a week (at least an extra 150 spent). A small house, does a family of 4 really need 3000 square feet to live in?

We as a "modern" society live way beyond what we need to be comfortable (I include myself in this). If family is really a priority then they will make the sacrifices for family.

Reality says this would never happen. We can't change how society is living and how it lives, that ship has sailed. People have been living beyond their means for generations. That cost of living just keeps going up and up.

For instance, cell phones are part of the fabric of most people's being, asking them to give them up or reduce their service would be worse than asking an addict to give up their drug of choice.

The cost of technology has sky-rocketed whereas it should have stabilised. Tech is easier and cheaper to produce yet we pay a premium.

With a mortgage and even the basic of life style, one paycheck would be hard pressed to be sufficient. Take into account, one has to have a bit of quality of life as well.

Last edited:
You couldn't be more wrong. Just because both parents work doesnt mean they cant instill the right morals.
If anything I think it shows the parents are doing what it takes to make ends meet, which should be respected by ones kids.

"In your opinion", I also respect that opinion.

I agree, parental roles have to be in there as well but, instilling and fostering morals are two entirely different things. Especially with parents who spend more time with co-workers than family members in many cases.

In my experience, kids don't see the sacrifices being made by their parents, they only care that their needs are being met.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs
Maybe more focus on gun safety for the parents??

All the gun safety or training in the world won’t matter....

Kids are sneakier and more resourceful than ever. If they want to get 1 whether they take from their parents or their friends or their friend’s friend it’s not that hard to get a gun. Most of these school shooters come from middle class if not better families. So all their friends are probably the same as well. Growing up I knew kids like this been over to their homes. Every house had gun cabinets etc. Parents were never home!!! @ work or out golfing or some other bullsh@t. Left $50 on the counter for Pizza....... Honestly the parents went thru more of an effort hiding or securing the liquor cabinets than the guns!!!!

One of the 1st things they would do trying to impress me would show me where their dad Keeps his pistol. Knew the combo or hidden stash spot for that and the ammunition.

Point is unless the parents are vigilant in their kids lives and know where they are and what they are doing stuff like this will continue to happen. Can’t just let em stick their face in an iPad when they are around you. Or drop them off at their “friends” house like it’s teenager daycare. A parents job is to be involved in their kids life. That means poking and prodding and finding out wtf are they up to and with whom

look.... if a kid can get ahold of a weapon, and was never familiarized with any safety.... THAT PARENT is negligent(probable charges).... if I leave my pistol in my car, and the car gets stolen... and anyone gets hurt.... I am responsible and will be unemployed... EXTREME negligence.... SECURE URE WEAPONS... BE A GOOD PARENT.... KNOW URE KIDS... if u got a nutcase for a kid.... DROP ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL URE WEAPONS AT THE POLICE STATION..... BE RESPONSIBLE..... be responsible.... be responsible.... BEEEEEEEEEE RESPONSIBLE...………… nobody wants to be responsible. TRIGGER GUARDS LOCKS and unbreakable safes are available......…
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)][/COLOR]

Last edited:
look.... if a kid can get ahold of a weapon, and was never familiarized with any safety.... THAT PARENT is negligent(probable charges).... if I leave my pistol in my car, and the car gets stolen... and anyone gets hurt.... I am responsible and will be unemployed... EXTREME negligence.... SECURE URE WEAPONS... BE A GOOD PARENT.... KNOW URE KIDS... if u got a nutcase for a kid.... DROP ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL URE WEAPONS AT THE POLICE STATION..... BE RESPONSIBLE..... be responsible.... be responsible.... BEEEEEEEEEE RESPONSIBLE...………… nobody wants to be responsible. TRIGGER GUARDS LOCKS and unbreakable safes are available......…
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)][/COLOR]
LockInstalled.jpg
Lock.jpg

look.... if a kid can get ahold of a weapon, and was never familiarized with any safety.... THAT PARENT is negligent(probable charges).... if I leave my pistol in my car, and the car gets stolen... and anyone gets hurt.... I am responsible and will be unemployed... EXTREME negligence.... SECURE URE WEAPONS... BE A GOOD PARENT.... KNOW URE KIDS... if u got a nutcase for a kid.... DROP ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL URE WEAPONS AT THE POLICE STATION..... BE RESPONSIBLE..... be responsible.... be responsible.... BEEEEEEEEEE RESPONSIBLE...………… nobody wants to be responsible. TRIGGER GUARDS and unbreakable safes are available.........

Both mandatory here for weapons...

Even in Canada where we are very much controlled when it comes to weapons of any sort, people still manage to get their hands on guns.

Ali123 I agree about the gun locks , also training your children gun safety at an early age, however
honestly…. it should just be off duty police officers doing this.... people with real world experience shooting under stress(or military).
This I disagree with, the Parkland shooting the police officer HID behind a tree, the other police that arrived stayed well away from the school. This was not their procedure by the way, they were suppose to engage the shooter, but they all hid. You want people that actual care and are willing to risk their lives to protect our children, and putting on a badge doesn't make one that person, usually it's their upbringing that does.

Ali123 I agree about the gun locks , also training your children gun safety at an early age, however

This I disagree with, the Parkland shooting the police officer HID behind a tree, the other police that arrived stayed well away from the school. This was not their procedure by the way, they were suppose to engage the shooter, but they all hid. You want people that actual care and are willing to risk their lives to protect our children, and putting on a badge doesn't make one that person, usually it's their upbringing that does.
I dunno about their procedural stuff.... and I don't know that they share that info…. BUT IF anyone made a mistake they will pay dearly for it... u want EXPERIENCED people under stressful situations.... NOT TEACHERS... mistakes will be definitely be made.... its experience u want.... let teachers teach..... really using off duty cops and highly respected military people COULD be done at the local level with federal funding.

They didn't pay at all the one guy that hid retired right afterwards with over 100k a year pension. He is currently being sued by the parents for negligence. The police came right out afterwards and said it was their procedure to engage the shooter. They would look into why he wasn't engaged, and why officers were seen hiding behind their cars while the shooting continued in the school. Nothing happened to those officers btw. It's people with fortitude not badges you need, anyone can be trained.

They didn't pay at all the one guy that hid retired right afterwards with over 100k a year pension. He is currently being sued by the parents for negligence. The police came right out afterwards and said it was their procedure to engage the shooter. They would look into why he wasn't engaged, and why officers were seen hiding behind their cars, while the shooting continued in the school. Nothing happened to those officers btw. It's people with fortitude not badges you need, anyone can be trained.
if that's ure attitude.... there isn't much more I can say..... not "everyone can be trained"..... not everyone has what it takes to be a marine.... not everyone can handle the pressures of law enforcement.... not everyone can take a life and live with it...……………… I dunno what u do for a living.... but certain jobs REQUIRE certain types.... let the teachers teach... and if the teachers want to obtain a pistol.... they can... get a pistol permit... there is something about this stuff in the US constitution...….

My son is currently training to be a Marine, like I said upbringing. Your right everyone can't do it but saying use police they can do the job, I just showed you they can't, not saying all are like that, but 5 responded and zero engaged, what's that say. Then you see other unarmed people stop the shooters sometimes at the cost of their lives. We need to get people like that to protect our children , not someone wanting extra money.

Judge ruled that officer had no duty to save the children.
But that is one of three heavy liberal counties in Florida.
they sued the school superintendant and school officials also.... NY times.... smh....

My son is currently training to be a Marine, like I said upbringing. Your right everyone can't do it but saying use police they can do the job, I just showed you they can't, not saying all are like that, but 5 responded and zero engaged, what's that say. Then you see other unarmed people stop the shooters sometimes at the cost of their lives. We need to get people like that to protect our children , not someone wanting extra money.
huh? if an officer didn't do his job.... u think hell walk? I wasn't there in this situation…. when stuff happens in REAL TIME.... its easy to criticize... but I have no idea what info they had at that time...… I have access to no inside info...…..…… rushing inside into an ambush isn't always wise.... maybe they had info suspect was outside...………………….. I have no idea..... I just have to trust in LE...……...

this is what makes me sick when I read it
“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”

They showed video of the one officer at the school hiding behind the tree and other videos of the other officers arriving at a safe distance staying behind their cars when being told to engage, not much else to understand.

Back