School shootings

It’s easy to see why errors were made. Even the ‘training’ doesn’t have to be completed until six months! Not (before) the duty but within six freakin months! We don’t send soldiers into a war zone before their boot camp and AIT do we? I’d be willing to bet that those who (have) completed this specialized training have had no more than one ‘dress rehearsal’, one. That soon to be unemployed police chief who apparently gave the order to delay entry had recently become elected to Uvalde’s city council.

all of these officers had to have completed an approved law enf academy so it’s not like they are just random people off the streets deputized by some county sheriff with no training. no ones perfect but sometimes we are called on to “step up.” as LEO, the probability of that happening is higher than the average citizen. every bad situation can be “monday morning quarterbacked” but if you tried to do the right thing, it’s difficult to be looked down on. however these guys failed to act. now the perception is bc they did not act, they allowed more innocent children and women to die. on top of being labeled cowards. everyday the more information comes out, the worse it seems to get for these guys.

1D26440E-CCB1-4C37-A603-9AB84BEC6825.jpeg

all of these officers had to have completed an approved law enf academy so it’s not like they are just random people off the streets deputized by some county sheriff with no training. no ones perfect but sometimes we are called on to “step up.” as LEO, the probability of that happening is higher than the average citizen. every bad situation can be “monday morning quarterbacked” but if you tried to do the right thing, it’s difficult to be looked down on. however these guys failed to act. now the perception is bc they did not act, they allowed more innocent children and women to die. on top of being labeled cowards. everyday the more information comes out, the worse it seems to get for these guys.

View attachment 1651568
I know there is no way in hell I'd want to be a police officer these days...

Being in a job where each and every little thing you do is under a microscope and you are definitely guilty until proven innocent is not conducive to good recruiting..

I know there is no way in hell I'd want to be a police officer these days...

Being in a job where each and every little thing you do is under a microscope and you are definitely guilty until proven innocent is not conducive to good recruiting..
Hi. Boot camp only helps somewhat. Nothing helps you when bullits are whizzing my your head. You learn by fire. I have seen a major run like a scard rabbit when we went down in the wrong spot. It was the longest few minuts of my life. It was a very long shot story in my life.

View attachment 1651568
And now I see that they were not only trained, but practiced just this scenario 2 months prior.

I'd like to know since when do we expose children to hearings such as this....it's bad enough the child had to be exposed to an active shooter and only years of therapy will cure that experience. Children should not be held up as political pawns....

I'd like to know since when do we expose children to hearings such as this....it's bad enough the child had to be exposed to an active shooter and only years of therapy will cure that experience. Children should not be held up as political pawns....

Politics at its finest. Agenda pushing mofos

Back to the teachers with guns.
I'm not against it...but on an individual basis, as in who is Really qualified(not like it's realistic).
Someone that is already proficient with handguns...but more importantly...has the presence of mind to be ready for someone to try and take that gun at Any time, along with the self-defense skills to prevent that.
My ex-wife is a high school teacher.
She's actually a good one too, really cares about the kids.
She's also very safe with firearms, and a very good shot.
However, what I said above rings true for her. Even she said she wasn't opposed to the idea...but also didn't want to be a target.
That she already had 10 things going on at once, and all it would take is one moment of focus elsewhere, and one teenage boy could easily grab a visible gun, or take her down and take it knowing she had it.
My concern is that would be the majority of the teachers that would/could carry.

Back to the teachers with guns.
I'm not against it...but on an individual basis, as in who is Really qualified(not like it's realistic).
Someone that is already proficient with handguns...but more importantly...has the presence of mind to be ready for someone to try and take that gun at Any time, along with the self-defense skills to prevent that.
My ex-wife is a high school teacher.
She's actually a good one too, really cares about the kids.
She's also very safe with firearms, and a very good shot.
However, what I said above rings true for her. Even she said she wasn't opposed to the idea...but also didn't want to be a target.
That she already had 10 things going on at once, and all it would take is one moment of focus elsewhere, and one teenage boy could easily grab a visible gun, or take her down and take it knowing she had it.
My concern is that would be the majority of the teachers that would/could carry.
If I had an ex wife I didn't like, I'd be more than willing to put her on the front lines...I'd even provide her with new shirts...(with bullseyes painted on them...). LOL!

I don’t think it has to be mandatory, just allow it. Make the school no longer a gun free zone. Don’t need teachers open carrying in English class lol but the ones that want to carry, will carry. Very rare to see a police station or federal building get shot up. Plenty of teachers I assume based on the 1-2 that I know of for sure, unofficially carry in “urban” schools lol rare to see one of those shot up

...and they probably cost more than a cop(s)/armed security guard(s) salary.
....and they most likely won't stop and active shooter as in many cases the shooter goes or went to school there and will know about them.

That and once an active shooter gets behind them, they are barricaded.

Back