Schnitz

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Last season, I ordered an adjustable kickstand from Schnitz. I paid a hefty $169 for it. That is expensive, but I wanted it and got it. Twice, the pin that holds the lower sleeve came out. Fortunately, both times I found it before I pulled off and lost the lower sleeve. This year, the pin fell out again. This time, I wasn't so lucky and I also lost the lower portion.

I talked to Schnitz earlier today and the lady was very helpful. She told me that I did not need a whole new kickstand. They sell the lower piece and pin seperately.
<marquee>WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?</marquee>
It told me that this is probably a common problem and they have a lot of people who need to replace that lower piece and the pin. I told her that I thought it should be replaced at no charge. She told me that she would contact the manufacturer...Black Point Engineering, and get back to me. I am waiting to hear back.

A $169 kickstand should last longer than one season. The customer service lady was helpful and polite, but the end result is what matters.

Schnitz and Black Point Engineering............Your reputaion is on the line!

I will update the group as soon as I here back.

Jeez.....that's $230 CDN.......friggen thing should hold together till the end of time for that price......they should replace it free for sure!!!!!

Thinker ... I apologize in advance for jacking your thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for this teaser. You are the king of bling on this board and just wanted to make sure that you saw this on Ebay !!

I wonder why they don't show it on an actual bike....I know....because it is stupid. You can't watch it while riding. And even when you park, how the hell can you see it? You have to stand right next to the bike.

DUH!

But as the king of bling....I at least found it interesting. Actually, I am not the king of bling. There are a lot of guys holding back big time...right BA? But I am still working on a couple of things.

<marquee>Now back to our regularly scheduled thread on Schnitz!</marquee>
They do not get off the hook unless they stand behind this frigg'n expensive, but purposeful piece of bling.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086308958 -->

Just thought of something.
Would it be possible to drop the bike, if you didn't realize the lower leg was gone, or is the top part short enough that your foot wouldn't even hit it if ya went to kick it down.
Would seriously suck if ya dropped yer bike due to no fault of yer own!!

Thinker, you better get ready to buy another stand because I would be willing to bet you that you get nothing from Schnitz. She basically already told you their policy of "you bought it now its your problem". This is a common theme with schinitz.

Just thought of something.
Would it be possible to drop the bike, if you didn't realize the lower leg was gone, or is the top part short enough that your foot wouldn't even hit it if ya went to kick it down.
Would seriously suck if ya dropped yer bike due to no fault of yer own!!
You can still put the stand down and it works, but the bike is leanning way the hell over. I don't think you would drop it, but it could scare the hell out of ya.

Krieg, you may be right. In fact I was prepared to buy another one, but when I learned that they sell a lot of those lower sleeves, i realized that this is an on going issue. The manufacturer has to know about it. If Schnitz isn't prepared to stand behind the product, I will knock them every time someone talks about buying from them, specially if someone mentions this expensive azz product in particular. I think they will lose a lot more that $169. In fact, if they check their records, they would see that I buy a lot of crap just by myself, and they would certainly lose my future business.

I bought a jet city stand directly from them and have had 0 problems with it. I also paid a hefty price tag but mine is working out ok.

Thinker, I hear what your saying. I have bought from Schnitz in the past and have good luck so far. I just know that Schnitz sells to a lot of racers and have adopted the "race parts are your problem" attitude and one disgruntled buyer wont mean anything to them. Hell I spent $5000 there in two orders the year before last and a guy I used to race with spent $10,000 and that is two amature racers from Idaho. Maybe if you could get a group of guys with the same part and the same problem you would have a chance otherwise your $169 isn't going to mean anything to them. It is a sad thing too that companies can get away with it.

Well as long as were talking about Schnitz Racing parts!!!! You all know I bought the heavy duty starter gear and the case protector for my 2000 Busa....  Well I got it from Schnitz and its the last thing I will ever buy from them! They sent me the wrong thing the first time, they sent me a oil pump gear!  The invoice had the right part number on it and the paper showed it was checked by 3 people before they shiped it out.  OK no real big deal right?  I call them back and got this from them "Its not in stock and were waiting for it to come in from the vender"  So I ask why they told me it was in stock when I placed the order?  Why did you hit my debit card if the part was not in stock? WHY!!! They wanted to tie up my money so I would not go some place else!!! (that is my read into it)They sent me a part that was $100.00 that was half the price of the right part just to keep things going until the right part came in.  So I sent the part back asking for a refund of the money to ship their screw up back.  The woman I talked to got all pissy with me. But in the end she said I would get my money for shipping back.  With all this messing around my bike is all pulled down and I can't use it. In the end a week later I get the right parts but no money for the shipping.  I call back and ask for the money and Im told they put it on account for the next time I make an order!!! I got treated like I was some POS by this woman and about 3 weeks later I got my check. Out of all the things I had ever bought I have never had such bad service, or had been talked down to like I had with Schnitz!!!!  I know this looks small and people do make mistakes, God knows I have made my share in the past and will in the future.  But you don't treat people like dog $hit when you screw up!!! And you dont tell people its in stock and going out the next day when You don't have it and then take their money!

<!--EDIT|Max Speed
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086371495 -->

better off cutting the stock stand and paying to get it welded shorter.. thats what im gonna do

Thanks for the reminder. It has been rainning, so I forgot about this for a couple of days. Wouldn't you know it? I haven't heard a word back from Schnitz. The lady wasgoing to check with the manufacturer and let me know whether they would be replacing it.

At least an answer would be nice......as I dial the phone!

So they didn't call me back, and now they are telling me that the OWNER Dave Schnitz says that I must not have had the pin in properly.

WHATEVER!

So to their credit, they are selling the replacement piece to me for less...$35 instead of $45. I am told the price is at cost.

Back