Schnitz

Toyz

Registered
I'm probably going to get the GenMar risers soon. My question is does anyone know if I can lower the bike 1" front and rear. Schnitz rear lowering bones is what I'll try. What's the question...well some of you know I have the HMF dual high mounts and I don't know if it's possible with the high mounts since they are such a tight fit. I only wanted an inch just so I can stand flat footed. I can easily drop the front with the GenMar's I'm just not sure about clearances with the high mount system. Anyone do it with HMF highmounts?

Yes the system can be lowered. You may have to dent in the midpipe on the chain side of the bike so it doesn't hit the swingarm brace. But it can be done.

What clearance issues are you wondering about?
rock.gif
Only the rear wheel and swingarm move up and down...pipes are not affected. The dual-highs are outside the area where you would have to worry about the tire or anything hitting.
rock.gif

Overall though...1" is nothing...

rock.gif

rock.gif
  Only the rear wheel and swingarm move up and down...pipes are not affected.  The dual-highs are outside the area where you would have to worry about the tire or anything hitting.  
rock.gif

Not entirelly true. I have the marks on my swingarm brace to prove it. The swingarm moves upward into the pipe tearing up your swingarm.

rock.gif

rock.gif
  Only the rear wheel and swingarm move up and down...pipes are not affected.  The dual-highs are outside the area where you would have to worry about the tire or anything hitting.  
rock.gif

Not entirelly true. I have the marks on my swingarm brace to prove it. The swingarm moves upward into the pipe tearing up your swingarm.
Yep...mine did this without lowering..thought my clearances were ok but they were not. Readjusted and all is well.

On the seat I did look at that but I don't want to loose butt cushion.

I found some adjustable links at the suzukihaybusa.org that a guy makes and I can even lower it as little as 3\4 an inch. With the genmar 1.25 risers will the lowering of the front be adjustable up to 1.25 as well or is it all or nothing?

Thanks alot guys!

rock.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif

Yep...mine did this without lowering..thought my clearances were ok but they were not.  Readjusted and all is well.  

On the seat I did look at that but I don't want to loose butt cushion.  

I found some adjustable links at the suzukihaybusa.org that a guy makes and I can even lower it as little as 3\4 an inch.  With the genmar 1.25 risers will the lowering of the front be adjustable up to 1.25 as well or is it all or nothing?

Thanks alot guys!
Genmar can be adjustable. When you slide the tubes through be sure to have both the same measurement.

rock.gif

Back