Holy Schnitz!

This was actually for the license plate relocator (for mounting vertical on the swingarm.)  I've already had my buddy clean the part up, but it was the whole experience that turned me off.  One month delayed shipping, short 1 part, and the quality once it got there.  The thing that I really think put me over enough to post this thread was the fact that the description says "...has all the necessary holes laser cut for you to mount most all U.S. license plates..." and it doesn't fit California plates!  WTF?!  CA has to have the most riders, the most bikes, and if it doesn't fit CA plates, I think that would be something worth mentioning, ESPECIALLY when the part is being shipped to California!
Here is a link to the part:  
Thanks for your offer Guy, but I've already had the part sent off for finishing, and I am sure that it will look great once its come back.  I don't mean to bag on your parts, especially because it DOES take a lot of work to engineer these parts, but I would take the time to clean them up more before you send them off (the cosmetic stuff, anyways.)  My buddy just cleaned up the edges and sent them off for plating.  I would also enclose instructions or post them to your site, so people don't have to hunt you down to figure out how to mount these things.  I should also mention that customer service on your end was top notch when I called for mounting instructions.

Just venting because I haven't had plates on my bike for MONTHS since I installed the undertail, and I ordered a vanity plate that reads sideways, so it NEEDS to be vertical...
I understand your plight.  I have looked at quite a few plate holders on the shelf.  I had 2 out of 36 that looked like crap.

Please send me your bill for finishing the product and your address to GuyCaputo@buckeye-express.com and I will reimburse you for everything.  It was also my fault for the shipping delay to Schnitz.  I rushed my manufacturer and I hurried to get them to Schnitz without even looking at them.
They must have had the laser turned on warp speed.  My fault for not QCing better, my extreme apologies.

I have already made CAD changes and will have another version that will fit the other states the first one did.  I would also like to send you one when they are finished.

Guy
Now that's a stand up guy. You can't beat that offer to pay for the clean up on the part.

Back