Schnitz PC III hub

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4896098

If I'm understanding this thing correctly ... then it could be the answer to all my problems. This way I can run two maps - one for spray and one for not, and I can set it to only spray in third gear or higher. And ... if I can set the two relays outputs seperately then I could also run a shift light or maybe even run my shifter automatically.

Just FYI.

I'm still waiting for this bad boy to come out, should be soon.

lcd_display_unit_corrected.jpg

http://www.powercommander.com/new_products.shtml

You won't be able to activate anything based on gear position or speed.  Just RPM and/or TPS.

I thought the same thing when we got them.

You can, however, activate the nitrous system and have that activation change your map to your rich map...  or, once you hit third, fourth, fifth, sixth gear, have extra fuel delivered to the engine for the nitrous system...

Very cool!

Ry--

Thanks for the response, Ryan.  

I'm already using your TPRS switch to activate at 90% throttle and 7~10.5kRPM.  I want to limit it so that it will only spray in third and higher.

Either way I'm getting the hub as it will allow me to run two maps - one for spray and one for not.

Thanks - and you guys kick ass - six orders now all delivered within two days.  Very good service.

(johnnycrash @ Dec. 12 2006,12:52) Thanks for the response, Ryan.  

I'm already using your TPRS switch to activate at 90% throttle and 7~10.5kRPM.  I want to limit it so that it will only spray in third and higher.

Either way I'm getting the hub as it will allow me to run two maps - one for spray and one for not.

Thanks - and you guys kick ass - six orders now all delivered within two days.  Very good service.

The the display box I showed lets you store up to 10 maps just on the internal memory and also toggle between the maps using the controls. You can store more maps if you get an external memory card. Looks like you can still order it from schintz. I called Dynojet last week and they said it should  be coming out soon.

(BusaBusa00 @ Dec. 12 2006,17:21)
(johnnycrash @ Dec. 12 2006,12:52) Thanks for the response, Ryan.  

The the display box I showed lets you store up to 10 maps just on the internal memory and also toggle between the maps using the controls. You can store more maps if you get an external memory card. Looks like you can still order it from schintz. I called Dynojet last week and they said it should  be coming out soon.
That thing IS definitely cool, but I only need two maps, which I can get with the hub, that I can also use to activate my shifter.

I was originally hoping I could somehow use it to control what gears I sprayed in ... but it's still on my list anyway.

You may be able to connect the TPS input of the Schnitz TPRS-002 to the gear position sensor to have our box control the nitrous by gear position. 0-5 volts.... who cares what sensor it goes to? TPS, MAP, Gear Position, you name it, it should work.

You can then get a conventional WOT switch or use the Hub relay outputs to control it.

Call me if you have any questions.

800.837-9730

What's up Ryan?How are you?You coming back to the no bar side anytime soon..My zx6r hauls the mail after you hooked me up with the pipe and stuff...Thanks and take care...

No Bars?
rock.gif
Are you crazy? Those fast "sickles" will flip over! I saw a guys flip over on a 600!!! I can't imagine what a Busa will do to me.

Hehehehehe

I'd like to... Just don't have the time right now with the NHRA schedule.

I need to get back on a streetbike though... I don't know if my clutch hand remembers how to slip... Shoot, my throttle hand might not work right either.

Ry--

Back