Power commander controlling NOS by rpm and throttle pos HELP

jeepinocala

Registered
:please:Ok here is what I want to do. I have the power commander III USB and the hub for it plus the lcd. I want to wire up my nitrous pos wire directly to the battery and run the ground through the hub so I can control when the nos comes on by rpm and throttle pos and only on my nos map. I have the map switch and two maps loaded on I am useing for rideing around town and the other after I have adjusted at a dyno it will be for nos. Has anyone done this? Is the ground control off the hub good enough for this and the hub groun control it has two of them the second one I want to control an air shifter or electric shifter. Am I in the right doing this or is there something I am missing? Jeep uses their ground wires to activate everything in their vehicles so I figure it is safe as long as I do it right.:rulez::deadhorse:

whats the manual say its grounding capacity is? I would be surprised if its much, you would probably need to add a relay to it, let it trigger a relay which will then send a ground right from the battery or chassis ground without fear of smoking the controller.

whats the manual say its grounding capacity is? I would be surprised if its much, you would probably need to add a relay to it, let it trigger a relay which will then send a ground right from the battery or chassis ground without fear of smoking the controller.

Great point I will check on it. I thought of useing a relay before but dont have much info on them and never used one before?

very easy to wire a relay, we can walk you through it LOL

Just pick up a 4 or 5 pin relay from the auto parts store.

pin 85 run to +12 volts
pin 86 run to the power commander (assuming its a ground output)
pin 30 run to battery or chassis ground
pin 87 run to negative side of your solenoid

Back