Scar Videos Vinny Shredding CA-243

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, all...

Devil Dog and I got out for a few hours yesterday.

We met at Gopher Canyon off I-15 at 7:15 a.m., headed through Rice and Couser Canyons, Lilac then into Temecula for breakfast.

After breakfast, we headed out Sage Road and into Hemet where we topped off the tanks and pointed our noses at the San Jacinto mountain range.

We went up the 371 into Mountain Center, then crossed Idyllwild and went down the fabled 243 to Banning (where this video was shot).

I turned the Gen2 ("Wasabi") over to 15,000 miles just after starting when we launched on Rice Canyon...stopped to take a pic but won't post it up 'til later...

Anyway, after getting back up to Temecula, we stopped to rehydrate then started to reverse our route.  Vinny headed home after we got to a jump-off point, and I went over to Palomar.

I went up Palomar from the 'fast side', then down the 'tight side'; turned around at the bottom, went up the 'tight side' (see pic), and down the 'fast side'.  Part way down the mountain (the last stretch), I see a guy w/a Busa sitting on the side of the road.  I turned around and went to meet him.  We talked for awhile, then headed down the rest of the way together.  He's got his entire bike covered in Carbon Fiber parts (including the gas tank).  It was an awesome bike.

After we got to the bottom, we went our separate ways, and I headed over to Santa Ysabel for gas, then up to Julian for pie.  Unfortunately, my favorite pie place was closed, so I ate lunch, and decided I should probably start toward home.

Back through Santa Ysabel, Julian Road, Old Julian Highway, skirting Ramona, then Highland Valley Road took me back to I-15.  I rolled into town around 5pm...after...

ANOTHER AWESOME DAY.

Thanks, Vinny~  Riding with you is always a great time.

Scar

Link to Video ==>  

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14260665gW6b3Wtw

Sunday__22JUN08.jpg

And now...for the pix...

Vinny at 0715; Gopher Canyon Exit off I-15...

Vinny_at_0715.gif

About 4,000 ft. above the toasty little desert town...

"Wasabi"

Wasabi_over_Banning.gif

I used to commute on 243 (lived in Idylwild)....thanks for the memories! Doyle

SCAR...Good stuff bro! I got a trackday with Charles and Lamb on the 30th. Are you riding 4th of July weekend? I might be able to join you.

Thanx for sharing the pics. And it's good seeing Vinny alive and well (and supporting Big Oil
beerchug.gif
).

SCAR...Good stuff bro! I got a trackday with Charles and Lamb on the 30th. Are you riding 4th of July weekend? I might be able to join you.

Thanx for sharing the pics. And it's good seeing Vinny alive and well (and supporting Big Oil  
beerchug.gif
 ).
Thanx, Ryan. I'll definitely be riding 7/4th weekend. I've been invited to do another Central Coast run that holiday weekend, but think I'm going to make it a mini-staycation instead; just runnin' around SoCal in my usual fashion.

It'd be great if we could put another Busa Stampede together...if only for one day.

woot.gif

I presume you're going to be around (?)...

You two ...seeemed to be having a "lil" bit to much enjoyment ..for a Sun, but alas somebody has to do it. ( good job ).
thumb_up.gif
bowdown.gif

I myself " spirited the backside of these fair mountains" .
beerchug.gif
. even went a "lil" off roading .. where the Roads were once .. Funny thoo..
firedevil.gif
a busa trying to hang with a bunch of guys on Ktm's ..

I myself " spirited the backside of these fair mountains" .  
beerchug.gif
 . even went a  "lil" off roading .. where the Roads  were once .. Funny thoo..  
firedevil.gif
  a busa trying to hang with a bunch of guys on Ktm's ..
Ken...you went 'off roading' with the 'busa on purpose?

How many times have I told you...
banghead.gif

laugh.gif

I hope you weren't having some sort of tragedy.

well No .. on the tragedy .. If one counts going on roads that were washed out.. ( off roading) .. and I did it at a slow speed and for short distance's .. all was good ! I was telling myself ( there's a Road here somewhere )..

Back