SC dealership and a 2010 SS Camaro.......equals fraud

Personally, I think the smart thing to have done in this instance would have been to arrange a meeting right at the top of ownership/managment with the dealer. Show them the video and negotiate. If the negotiation does not deliver needed results tell them the video will be published and go from there.

There are some loop holes there, as the police need warrants to record you in your home or on your phone, They don't need one to record what you say while inside there police car.
a reasonable person would not believe a conversation with a police officer or in a police car, who is taking a report, would be confidential. there is no expectation of privacy when in the back of a police car while a police officer is conducting an investigation.

its also for officer safety and again part of their investigation. using the rules of the "one party consent" they would not need your permission because one party needs to consent and obviously the police have consented.

This was on the local news last night and apparently the dealer offered him KBB value plus 10%. Nothing new has been reported as of yet about the ordeal.

I'm with Blanca on this and be willing to bet that owner will be in new car or well compensated. I also work for a GM dealership (painter) and our service director called a meeting and played video for ALL the techs... I've worked here for 10 years and never heard any of our guys attempt this in any way... However, i do have friends at other shops that have. Think this customer was right on with recording because you never know...

a reasonable person would not believe a conversation with a police officer or in a police car, who is taking a report, would be confidential. there is no expectation of privacy when in the back of a police car while a police officer is conducting an investigation.

its also for officer safety and again part of their investigation. using the rules of the "one party consent" they would not need your permission because one party needs to consent and obviously the police have consented.

Not what I meant the police would place people in the rear of the car for safe keeping or while they were searching a car during a traffic stop. Leave the video and recorder on, you would be surprised what people said in car while the cop was out of the car to each other or even talking to themselves :laugh:

This was on the local news last night and apparently the dealer offered him KBB value plus 10%. Nothing new has been reported as of yet about the ordeal.

I bet he doesnt want to sell the car.

I would just ask for a new clutch, tires, and make sure no wires are hurt...and that the techs and service manager be disciplined to the owners satisfaction.

The techs didnt do anything to that car that it isnt capable of doing.....just wasnt theirs to do it to.

The damage is done to the dealership.....too many people know.

This is ridiculous i mean seriously i agree with blanca if he plays his cars right he owns any vehicle on the lot he wants if not he gets a lawyer and gets that and then some. If a dealership knows of intent to cause fraud to the manufacturer and they do not take care of the issue theres alot of reprecussion from the manuf.

Personally, I think the smart thing to have done in this instance would have been to arrange a meeting right at the top of ownership/managment with the dealer. Show them the video and negotiate. If the negotiation does not deliver needed results tell them the video will be published and go from there.

I agree with with you but by doing that you are opening a new can of worms. The dealer could easily report you to the police for extortion. People are caught all the time whether camera or email and they try to capitalize on that. It happens a lot to celebrities and they go straight to the police and its game over. Best bet is to take the responsibility out of your hands and get an attorney to represent you and work within the confines of the judicial system.

Thats crazy! This dealership is right down the street from me. Sous, do you ride the blue and yellow Busa?

I didn't realize having a recording device in or on your own private property equaled wiretapping.

So...
Abusive babysitters caught beating kids on hidden A/V systems have their cases automatically thrown out in court?
Someone can rob a bank or murder a convenience store clerk and any recorded evidence is useless?

After all, someone just has to claim their rights were violated because they didn't know they were being recorded.

Back