SC dealership and a 2010 SS Camaro.......equals fraud

Nice... You know this happens more than we know. I remember the Suk mechanic (some young kid) took the Busa for a test ride after he worked on it (I will never take it back for routine maintenance). Said he had never ridden a Busa before. I am sure he kept it under the speed limit:banghead:... I bet we soon start seeing some good GoPro videos of cars getting service

Wow, that was disgusting. I'm sure that happens all the time. Would love to see the so called techs get pulled over for reckless driving

Strange? I didn't hear any clunking? :rofl:

That DOES NOT I repeat DOES NOT happen here on either acct. I personally know most the techs here and have for many yrs. we don't thrash cars or over bill them purposely.
If I was the owner of that car I'd pick out the most expensive Vette on the lot and go in and speak to owner and Gm, let them hear the recording and tell them every news channel in the five state area will be playing it (guess they probably already are?) unless the Vettes prepped and ready in 30minutes. Oh and I'd tell them the Vette I want is at their competitor and they need to make a check out to them because I wouldn't take another car from them!

This really makes me sick... It's just ridiculous on so many levels.

Strange? I didn't hear any clunking? :rofl:

That DOES NOT I repeat DOES NOT happen here on either acct. I personally know most the techs here and have for many yrs. we don't thrash cars or over bill them purposely.
If I was the owner of that car I'd pick out the most expensive Vette on the lot and go in and speak to owner and Gm, let them hear the recording and tell them every news channel in the five state area will be playing it (guess they probably already are?) unless the Vettes prepped and ready in 30minutes. Oh and I'd tell them the Vette I want is at their competitor and they need to make a check out to them because I wouldn't take another car from them!

Say hello to my ZR1! :thumbsup:

The manufacturer is very picky and regularly audit dealerships returns and Repair Orders. To say they would be unhappy with their authorized sales and repair facility would be an understatement :laugh:

Not sure what the law is in SC about recording without consent, I don't agree with how that vehicle was treated, nor do I agree with double billing. I have worked as a tech, adviser, sales, and now parts at several dealerships (car and power-sports) I would personally call out anyone, from a porter to a sales manager that went out and beat the sense out of any vehicle so I'm glad this guy got some proof, however I think he may have found himself in hot water for the way he went about it.

Glad I have never worked for a shop that does things like this, the closest call I had to shady work was a sales man bringing in a car after a trade wanting me to clean an obvious oil leak so he could get it back on the lot, I told him "go kick rocks." I made sure the service manager followed up with the sales department to make it clear that a car coming in with a problem would get fixed properly or wholesaled as is but the service dept would never take a car without an R/O or shine up a clunker.

No shop or dealership is perfect, but that recording was the baseline for bad.

well, right after he sues for "Fraud":whistle: the dealership employees can sue him for the illegal wiretap for recording them....:rofl: you cant record two other peoples conversation unless one of the two parties knows their being recorded.

true...seems at least one person has to consent to being recorded....now he will have to convince his car consented???

well, right after he sues for "Fraud":whistle: the dealership employees can sue him for the illegal wiretap for recording them....:rofl: you cant record two other peoples conversation unless one of the two parties knows their being recorded.

Simple defense:

'I accidentally left my phone in my car and was horrified when I heard what it picked up'

Simple until it was posted on the internet. Ignorance that you're breaking the law is not a defense for breaking said law. If this goes the wrong way for the owner there may be a path that the owner of the dealer could take against the car owner. I'm no lawyer and I could be totally wrong, but personally I could draw a pretty clear line right from an illegal tape being used to create a reason for that business to lose money. Again, I'm not expert.

*I am no way saying that I think any dealer employee should ever beat on any car not belonging to them, nor am I saying that any abusive driving that wasn't approved is OK*

One of those issues where I agree that it's good they found out the car was getting hammered, but I'm not thrilled with the means or how it was presented. If he had walked back into the showroom asked for meeting with the GM and Service manager it would be one thing, putting it out there for the world to see was a bad move IMHO.

This is right up the road from where I work. I printed off a local paper article and posted it on the board to make others aware.

As someone who works at a motorcycle dealership I find this very disturbing regardless of how the evidence was gathered.

I dont know the laws or technicalities of recording some1 against their knowledge but we are getting off base here. i know the saying " 2 wrongs dont make a right" but we are talking complete opposite ends of the spectrum here. Bottom line is that mans personal property that he worked hard for and to maintain was abused by people that he entrusted it in their care. You heard the conversation and more than 1 person knew that this was going on so there is no excuse and this shouldnt be 1 of those issues that are dealt with behind closed doors. People in that community need to be made aware about that dealership and how their vehicles could have been mistreated so they have the option to take their business elsewhere. Those mechanics should never be able to pick up a wrench again :banghead:

Not sure what the law is in SC about recording without consent, I don't agree with how that vehicle was treated, nor do I agree with double billing. I have worked as a tech, adviser, sales, and now parts at several dealerships (car and power-sports) I would personally call out anyone, from a porter to a sales manager that went out and beat the sense out of any vehicle so I'm glad this guy got some proof, however I think he may have found himself in hot water for the way he went about it.

Glad I have never worked for a shop that does things like this, the closest call I had to shady work was a sales man bringing in a car after a trade wanting me to clean an obvious oil leak so he could get it back on the lot, I told him "go kick rocks." I made sure the service manager followed up with the sales department to make it clear that a car coming in with a problem would get fixed properly or wholesaled as is but the service dept would never take a car without an R/O or shine up a clunker.

No shop or dealership is perfect, but that recording was the baseline for bad.
As long as one party knows. He knew :laugh:

true...seems at least one person has to consent to being recorded....now he will have to convince his car consented???

There are some loop holes there, as the police need warrants to record you in your home or on your phone, They don't need one to record what you say while inside there police car. Think the car is the same as your home. Perfectly legal to record audio video of what happens inside your home. Although Voyeurism is excluded, recording a persons isn't as cut and dry as people think. He should have got a lawyer first before going public. But I really hope it works out for him but this is the kind of thing that makes less than stable people go postal.

p.s If there are any postal workers here that term was not meant as an insult just a figure of speech :hide:

:laugh:

Back