Saying hello, been lurking for awhile.

evolved4g63

Registered
Hi all.
Been reading a bunch of great information on here.
I bought the busa over a month ago. 2005, got it with 4978 on the clock for $6500. At first it took alittle getting used to. Coming from smaller bikes such as a 400 bandit, katana 750 and a sv650, this bikefits me a ton better. Being 6'2, 275 I kinda looked like a gorilla on a goped. The first time out I noticed things happen much faster on the busa. Throttle input was the bigest thing to get used to. But now a month, 950 miles and a bunch of small mods she is my favorite mistress.
Mods include:
Kickstand mod
Cut undertail
Avon storm's
Suzuki bra
Buell peg mod from GSX1300R-T
Risers from DR1300R, which I just swapped yesterday for a set of heli bars I found used on ebay.
And a set of 1inch mirror spacers.
I think thats it so far? Although I do have plans for suspension upgrades this winter. Such as racetech fork springs and a hyperco rear spring. Which brings me to my first question. The rear spring equals out to 2.25ID while the length is about 7.5inches. But hyperco only has 7 and 8 inch springs, no 7.5. So what would be the better choice? Anyone done this before?

Alright enough from me. Enjoy the pics.
Matt from the poconos.

Pictures10-12-08 242.jpg

Pictures10-12-08 243.jpg

Pictures10-12-08 244.jpg

Pictures10-12-08 245.jpg

Welcome to the board and to this fantastic family...

Gorgeous bike, and a good deal, too!! Congrats~

Ride safe, ride sane; keep the shiney side up, don't scratch the paint...stick around awhile!

:beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg. I know there will be someone that will answer your questions. I am partial to the 05's as well. :beerchug:

Thanks for the welcomes guys. As for sticking around, I'm gonna try my hardest. The women on cell phones semm to have a thing for trying to pull out in front of me tho. That and my stepfather trying to talk me into a cruiser. So I can hang out with all the old hippies. Really learned alot from him tho. And running with him and his nomad 1600 aint that bad.

:welcome: to the board...you will love the Race Tech upgrade to the front forks! i don't know which way you need to go on the rear spring, most everyone i know has gone with the Ohlins rear shock

yea thats a good price... when I was looking I would of liked a 04-06 with less than 3000 miles (under 7 grand)if that was possible.. I looked for nearly a year and nothing locally.. seems to be when you find a good deal it's like a thousand miles away, and I had to look and hear the bike in person. then you add the cost of shipping.. then there goes your good deal... mine was a 2 and a half hour drive away.. it's an 03 bone stock with 909 miles on it.. I was very surprised to get something this close to me, with that low of miles..
dont get me wrong if a real nice 99-00 I would of opted for it as well, but my main goal was for it to be bone stock.. but I paid 6650.00 but I figure in what I would of had to pay for a bike with higher mileage, like tires, chain, ect... I did chain the wind screen for a mirror one, it's a little higher, but now I can see all of the gauges when riding.

000_0162.JPG

000_0161.JPG

Thanks for the welcomes guys. As for sticking around, I'm gonna try my hardest. The women on cell phones semm to have a thing for trying to pull out in front of me tho. That and my stepfather trying to talk me into a cruiser. So I can hang out with all the old hippies. Really learned alot from him tho. And running with him and his nomad 1600 aint that bad.

You can ride with cruisers on your Busa. Just leave it in 1st gear! :thumbsup:

Back