Just Saying Hello!

Kawboy14

Registered
Hi, I'm brand new around here and have been looking at both used Gen 1Busa's and the new Gen IIs for '08 and '09. Current ride is a modified '06 ZX-14 which is crazy fast but would like to add a Busa to the stable just for a little variety. My philosophy is you can't have too many bikes parked in your garage.:thumbsup: Of the Gen I's I like the '04 LE in red and the '06 LE in white/silver best. In the '08 I like the orange/black the best and for '09 I really like the silver/gray. Down here in Texas the Suzukis hold their resale well so nobodies giving anything away. For that reason I may just spring for a new one. I really like the looks of the Gen I best, the rear end treatment especially. Something about the Gen II rear hasn't caught my fancy. Too bulbous maybe? They are fast though. Stock for stock, what are you guys seeing the big differences are in performance, braking, handling etc. Is it worth the extra bucks to spring for a new one?

:welcome:

useless.jpg

ZX-14.jpg
Welcome! :welcome: We'll let you post up a few pics of that 14. :laugh:

OK fair enough, heres my 14, 2006 in Passion Red with Yoshis, electronic subthrottles removed, PCIII, Ivan's TRE006a and custom map. Smoked windshield on the front and Dunlop Qualifier for traction control. That's about it for now. I hope she doesn't get jealous when I bring a new Busa home.:laugh:

John

Last edited:
ZX-14.jpg

OK fair enough, heres my 14, 2006 in Passion Red with Yoshis, electronic subthrottles removed, PCIII, Ivan's TRE006a and custom map. Smoked windshield on the front and Dunlop Qualifier for traction control. That's about it for now. I hope she doesn't get jealous when I bring a new Busa home.:laugh:

John

No, but I see dust covering her soon as that Busa comes home. :laugh:

Nice ride :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board! Nice bike!

If you browse around a bit, you'll find some threads here comparing Gen 1 and 2 from former Gen 1 owners who've upgraded. Other than the tail, I don't think anyone has any complaints about the upgraded version.

Brand new 08's can be had in the low $10k's...perhaps cheaper in a month or two after total economic collapse occurs.

Back