Just saying hello and got a question

LB ROLLER

Registered
Sup everyone my names Jesse im from long beach california PROUD MEMBER OF ROLLERZ ONLY LOS ANGELES 3 TIME LOWRIDER MAGAZINE CLUB OF THE YEAR.. well anyways this isnt BLIND DATE.. lol i purchased a 2002 black and blue hayabusa from a dealer about a month ago.. I LOVE THIS BIKE... WHY BUY ANYTHING ELSE.. anyways i read this site for a whle and decided to join.. my question is .. MY SECOND GEAR SLIPS ON OCCASION.. usually when you hit the throttle hard or sometimes just under regular driving conditions i payed for the extended warranty on my bike..payed like 900 bucks for 2 years... do you think they will cover the repair? i know busas have that problem and its well known? should i take it and have the look at it?
oh and for pics hit up my myspace
www.myspace.com/luvregals

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif

IMG_0008.JPG

Welcome to the board.

Dont have a real good answer for you other than you wont know unless you go to a dealer and try to have it fixed under warranty.

Thankfully I have an 03 and have not had this 2nd gear slip problem that others have had.

You are not the only one.

I think the general concesus however is most are left high and dry with 2nd gear problems.

I think the key to trying to get it fixed under warranty is to take it to a dealership that is good, honest and will go to bat for you.

the problem I see with that however is there are not many of those around in my opinion. And even if you do find one, even they usually dont want to mess with warranty on a bike if it isnt bought from their dealership.

Not trying to discourage you, just trying to let you know your best option is to get in good with a good dealership and see if they will / can do something for you.

Again welcome to the board.

What thrasherfox said; the 2nd gear issue seems to be affecting more than a few Busa riders, but thus far, not much is being addressed by Suzuki and it seems that most dealerships don't want to cover it either...

Welcome to the oRg! Glad to have you here...
beerchug.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
To the Site

Now on your question, you need to first have someone determine WHY the clutch is slipping. And NO internet chat board is going to convince any dealer, much less Suzuki, why it's happening. Then, see if that is covered by your warrenty (as in READ IT) ! Then if you feel it's covered, see your dealer, show your evidence of why the clutch is slipping, show your policy and where it indicates it's covered. AND THEN FIGHT
guns.gif
if they say no. If they really don't want to cover it, and you really feel you have a Warrrenty Claim, appeal to your local State Arbitration Board. It will make life deficult for them and could make them issue a limited recall. NOT A GOOD THING for them to do  
beerchug.gif

Back