Hyperco spring possible mod

evolved4g63

Registered
This winter I'm planning on a full suspension redo. Fork seals, race-tech springs and hopefully a new rear spring with the correct rate for my fat arse.
Instead of doing the ohlins thing for over a grand, I'm looking at the hyperco spring for about 75 bills. And race-tech valving.

Now the question is, what length spring would be best? The hyperco's only come in 7 and 8 inch lengths. O.E. is about 7.5 inches. So what would be the better choice? Thanks.:thumbsup:

What did the folks at race tech say? :poke:

My guess would be to go with the shorter length spring and just add a 1/2 inch spacer

I have a Hyperco spring rated @1000lbs out back Bcuz Im stretchd out 9" and lowered 2" w/probly the worst undertail for stretched bikes *very large taillight* I needed it to keep from scraping the thing on the rear tire, esp. when my wife rides w/me.

I personally love the Hyperco spring-rode all over N.C. @ Spring Bash and just did 550+ miles at Midwest MnG few weeks ago. I cant remember exactly what length I got, but if you call GPW (Greg) at Hyperbike he knows the specs He's the guy who set up my rear suspension specifically for the longer stretch-you may want something different if you're not a straight-liner like myself:thumbsup:

Good luck bro:beerchug:

They're friendly enough. I would give them a call and talk to them about what you're looking for. Their very honest folks with tons os suspension knowledge. You can't go wrong.
I haven't talked to them about the spring yet. According to their calculator they don't even carry the spring rate I want.

Back