Saw this guy in Tulsa yesterday.

At least the Busa won't get a sore tail with those helmets there:whistle:
230135d1313792448-saw-guy-tulsa-yesterday-laconia11-2.jpg

Whys everything always gotta turn into a gear bashing thread?

Have any of you ever had road rash?
I dumped my 02 at 120+ had road rash all over my legs and back(guess what leather jackets dont protect after about 20ft of sliding on asphalt) and arms and only sign i've ever been down is hair dont grow on the back of my calfs, i dont even have scars from the accident.
GET THE HELL OVER IT people have they're own choice

Nice busa and nice lack of gear.Helmets on the bike but not on the riders:poke:.My inlaws have been riding for years and they use the same excuse, its too hot for gear.My mother in law wears crocks on her trike and a nothing for a helmet, no gloves.They kinda scoff at me when I ask where is the gear.Oh we dont ride a sport bike like you.I just say skin is skin no matter what you ride, it will come off just as easy or your brains will splatter when you barely have on what is called a helmet.Most busa riders around here are geared up, its the squid gixxer riders here that are in shorts and nikes.

Guys, I didnt start the thread to bash the guy about gear, I started the thread to see if it was anyone on here. Sometimes we have lurkers, and I bet he wont speak up now for fear of gear bashing. Here is my take on it, I wear full gear most of the time, so do my kids and wife, but if you dont want to that is your business. I go down to the corner store sometimes in shorts and a t-shirt, but I dont ride to work like that. Love you guys. :beerchug:

i see much worse than that every day here in wichita. and i see them by the dozens. i see more sport bike riders sporting flip flops than i do helmets

It's not just in Wichita, they are up here in Topeka too. Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, and very few wearing helmets while they are wearing all this (of course they are out stunting on the main drag trying to show off). And their passengers are just as bad or worse because the riders dont care because all they want is the voodoo poonanny.

I go down to the corner store sometimes in shorts and a t-shirt, but I dont ride to work like that. Love you guys. :beerchug:

James theres probably not one person on here that hasnt ridden at least once without gear.

Been there done that.

I won't "get over it" till insurance premiums go down because people with and with out insurance ride without gear ! WE ALL PAY FOR Stupid mistakes . I know everyone all the time doesn't wear gear but the more that do , the less insurance companies will have to pay out and HOPEFULLY they won't have to raise OUR rates . And *****'n about it IS MY CHOICE

Whys everything always gotta turn into a gear bashing thread?

Have any of you ever had road rash?
I dumped my 02 at 120+ had road rash all over my legs and back(guess what leather jackets dont protect after about 20ft of sliding on asphalt) and arms and only sign i've ever been down is hair dont grow on the back of my calfs, i dont even have scars from the accident.
GET THE HELL OVER IT people have they're own choice

I won't "get over it" till insurance premiums go down because people with and with out insurance ride without gear ! WE ALL PAY FOR Stupid mistakes . I know everyone all the time doesn't wear gear but the more that do , the less insurance companies will have to pay out and HOPEFULLY they won't have to raise OUR rates . And *****'n about it IS MY CHOICE

2rfc2eq.jpg

I'm not gonna wear my jacket to work today. :moon:

That is what everyone said about seatbelts and required by law liability insurance. Don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

You know i have been searching the net and reading insurance sites for the past week trying to figure out the rates. There is Zero evidence that other peoples wrecking has any significant effects on your personal rates. Let alone them not wearing safety gear. Your rates are mostly determined by you and where you live and your record and credit. Cost of the repairs to the vehicle and cost to purchase.

Common sense says it would affect your rates but there is no information available to prove this theory that everyone has. So based on my research i can't talk crap to anyone for what they choose to wear when riding until i see hard facts that prove that them not having gear and wrecking will cause my rates to climb.

As to Twotonevert i hope you track him down and find yourself a new riding buddy :) Hope if hes here he at least sends ya a PM. :thumbsup:

I saw him getting off 169 at 51st, its an 06 and I dont hardly see busa's around town. I did see one other white 09 a few weeks ago. The guy that purchased my 05 works in the area where I took this pic, but I have not seen him since I sold it.

There's a Blue/Silver (think it's an '05 like yours) around the little burg I live in, but I've always been in the truck when I see him. Figured some old guy in a Mitsubishi mini truck, setting next to you at a stop light, telling you that he "has a Busa too", probably would be somewhat less than believable, so I've let it slide.
Have never seen anyone from here on the board, so that one is still a mystery too.

My meeting people to ride with and brining em here never works out. Saw a guy working on a busa in his driveway few blocks over awhile ago, didnt seem at all even interested in riding his own bike let alone with other people.???

Back