Saddle bags

00Busarider

Registered
Hey All. Now before I even get started with this post, I love how the Busa looks without bags. I have a very small cortech tank bag for her now, which is great for all the crap from my pockets and such and its small enough I can actually see the bars and gauges over it. (I HATE big tank bags) Now with gas being what it is these days, I have been riding my blue and silver Busa to and from work. I previously was riding my BMW k75s which had factory hard bags. My only gripe with the Busa is the lack of storage space for gear, work clothes, etc. So I figured it was time to start looking into a set of bags. Obviously, no leather. its a sport bike, not a cruiser. I'd like to not spend more than 250 on a set if at all possible, and i was leaning towards soft bags. So who has what? how do you like em? and whos got the best prices? and pics if ya got em

bump.gif
rock.gif

Hey All. Now before I even get started with this post, I love how the Busa looks without bags. I have a very small cortech tank bag for her now, which is great for all the crap from my pockets and such and its small enough I can actually see the bars and gauges over it. (I HATE big tank bags) Now with gas being what it is these days, I have been riding my blue and silver Busa to and from work. I previously was riding my BMW k75s which had factory hard bags. My only gripe with the Busa is the lack of storage space for gear, work clothes, etc. So I figured it was time to start looking into a set of bags. Obviously, no leather. its a sport bike, not a cruiser. I'd like to not spend more than 250 on a set if at all possible, and i was leaning towards soft bags. So who has what? how do you like em? and whos got the best prices? and pics if ya got em
I use a backpack... black Jansport.

yeah, I just dont really like riding with a backpack though. I like having saddle bags. come on, someone must be running bags

Like you I run a tank bag most times. Keep small stuff in it and keep Ipod in map pocket. For long hauls I use the Cortech saddle bags (#82-416) and tail bag. The tail bag can be use alone or with the saddle bags. Tail bag snaps in to the top of the saddle bags. Makes a get system. I used them when I went to Americade in Lake George, NY. Rained all week and everything stayed dry. Easy on & easy off-does not hurt the paint or plastic.

pgroup_741_image_460x600__shadow.jpg

, and i was leaning towards soft bags. So who has what? how do you like em? and whos got the best prices? and pics if ya got em
Don't have any pics yet,but I got the Chase Harper Aeropac bags. I tried running them with the straps under the hump but they were a little too close ( not touching ) to the pipes for comfort. So, I have to use the seat and run the straps over it. They are really nice, heavy duty, and roomy but not garganto-bags. Plus, they have a curved back that fits the curves of the tail section very well.
I got them and a Chase Harper 650 tankbag from member GMBusa for an excellent deal. Thanks GM!
cool.gif

+1 on the backpack. I don't like the way bags alters the busa's profile.

+1 on the backpack. I don't like the way bags alters the busa's profile.
Exactly.

But I can understand the need for saddle bags for a very long trip where you need a few changes of clothing that won't fit inside a pack. But for simple commutes... nah.

My old Tourmasters were great. I bought a new set for the Alaska trip w/ lg tailbag. I wouldn't every buy another set from them. Rain cover are about 1/4 the quality they was and none of the zippers stay closed, none of them. Even when not full zippers open right in the middle. I had to use cargo netting so opened stuff didn't go all over the road. I also ended up Duct taping the rain covers together 3 wks. into the ride. Talked to them twice last yr., they still haven't gotten back to me. Oh well, just going to get Corbins sometime. Just my .02.
PS corbins are made for the pass. look different, but I think they would work good.

<!--EDIT|fasttoys1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154719340 -->

I have joe rockets saddle bags and they have a good shape and look good . they expand and I went cross country with them . The only thing I didn't like is that you need something on the sides (towel) so they won't hurt the plastics.

I think corbin bettle bags would be the best option since you are used to hard bags.
My 2 cents.

I like my magnetic tank bag - It's a Nelson Riggs. It unzipps upward to almost double in size - and each side unzips and pops out approx 4 inches. If you took the time to fold your stuff properly you could easilly fit enough gear for a weekend trip. If I were ever to run bags I'd get Corbin Beetle Bags. They look sweet on the Busa

00Busarider,
As someone who has traveled substantially throughout eastern Canada, and all the way down to the Keys in Florida on my 2000 busa I highley recommend the Cortech Sport saddlebags, with either the sport tail bag (smaller), or the tri-bag tailbag, (much larger). They look great and allow a fair bit of room, all for under $200.00. Mike bike is the blue and silver scheme also and the colour match is great. Today on Ebay was a set of beautiful Corbin Beetle bags (hard sided) but I just don't have the $450.00 to throw out on them now. (regular $1500.00 US) You still may need the back pack for long tours but at least the Cortech's (www.tourmaster.com) will save your back from 60lbs weight on a 1600 mile tour. good luck
Jayabusa01

Back