S100 Cleaner

i use S100 when i have a thick layer of bugs to get rid of- just spray it on, let it sit for a couple minutes, and rinse it off- i don't want to be scraping bug guts back and forth across the paint...WD40 to take off road tar...honda polish to make her really shine
beerchug.gif

haha i just go to the car wash and spray her off then soap spray then spray again then towl her off lol just like my cars but right now she is prolly dirty being under a tarp and being she hasnt seen light or been started in 4months i was really sad being i had no time to prep her for my deployment and i ask my father to take care of her but he hasnt even started my busa up it doesnt like to look at it since he had a bMW back in the 80-90 something and wrecked it and broke 18 bones so needless to say i get no support just free storage
smile.gif
but i am still a
newbie.gif
to motorcycles period being i have only been riding a year

(Busa444 @ May 27 2007,23:05)
(Luvanicebum @ May 27 2007,23:07) I use gas and a rag to clean the chain lube, tar and road grime off the swingarm, frame and pipes, standard wash the rest of the bike.  Compessed air dry (no spots, gets the crannies) and then I wax the tank with a standard Carnuba.  
Total time: 1 hour
06 looks showroom after 11,000 miles  
SHOCKED.gif

Say..."Totally Cheesey"!!!!
laugh.gif
Not a good idea to get gas on your bare hands!
Gasoline has Benzene and other hydrocarbons which can bring you health problems down the road!
Thanks for the tip. I know I should wear rubber gloves.
Do I have to stop sniffing the gas though?
tounge.gif

(extreemachine @ May 28 2007,22:29) Seriously you use pledge?  Thats a new one on me?  Different!!  It works good I guess?
its still a wax and if it is gentle enough for wood without scratching ....hmmmmm... plus it just spray and wipe i chose not to clearcoat my bike about 1 1/2 years ago and paint looks like it did when i painted it give it a shot

I get a damp rag and wipe down the bike
followed by a spray wax. Seems to work for me.

cool.gif

(solarbarack @ May 30 2007,06:46) I found that simple green works great plus its cheap!!!!!
We used to use simple green to spot clean aircraft in the Air Force... they made us stop after they realized that it promoted corrosion of certain types... just so you know...

I think that's the same stuff my Dad and hubby swear by for their Harleys...I've never tried it, but I guess I will now...

I really miss my Honda Pro Cleaner
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

I like to keep my bike clean and I use to keep it meticulously clean, but then I realized it's a motorcycle and motorcycles get very dirty every time you ride them. They get hit by large bugs, rocks, sand, windshield wiper fluid from a-hole cagers not paying attention, etc. and it's not worth fretting over.

I still clean it but not as often and not as compulsive obsessive about it. I found I was wasting a couple hours every weekend. And once I got back from the days ride it needed to be cleaned all over again.

So it'd be safe to wash it some what similar to a car?

Like this?

Hose down rinse
Bucket wash w/ wool mit
Hose rinse
Microfiber towel dry
Turtle Wax ICE treatment
Wheel Wax for the wheels.

Would this be safe? I don't want to damage anything.

I may use water maybe once or twice a year.  I am a devoted Meguiars fan.  NXT Wax with NXT speed detailer between waxes.  I average one waxing every two months and I use the speed detailers before and after every ride.  This excludes getting caught in bad weather. I have the Zaino kit, but too much work.

(00Negative @ May 31 2007,05:15) So it'd be safe to wash it some what similar to a car?

Like this?

Hose down rinse
Bucket wash w/ wool mit
Hose rinse
Microfiber towel dry
Turtle Wax ICE treatment
Wheel Wax for the wheels.

Would this be safe? I don't want to damage anything.
Yes. I have done mine that way, but put tape over the ignition and a trash bag over the instrument cluster. The bike is basically waterproof, it can be ridden in the rain without ill effect, no?
rock.gif

As for the S100, yes indeed it works! Just bought and used first time, soaked down the bike and took my cheap pressure washer to it. Next day a fellow biker was looking at the bike, and said "What, do you wash it every day?".
laugh.gif

No, I am a proponent of the "If you have time to clean, you have time to ride" philosophy- I will keep a bottle of S100 around from now on!!
super.gif

(hayadooin @ May 29 2007,23:28) I get a damp rag and wipe down the bike
followed by a spray wax. Seems to work for me.

cool.gif
You WILL scratch the paint by not rinsing off before wiping- paint and clear on these is VERY tender!

Back