S100 Cleaner

ibified

Registered
So I bought some of the S100 total motorcycle cleaner, since they aren't selling hondabrite anymore.

Holy CRAP this stuff works well. It may be even better than the hondabrite for how well it cleans. I'd recommend this stuff to anyone who wants a spotless bike without having to scrub stuff. Spray it on, hose it off, and dry. That's it.

Tried it. Didn't find that it was that good for the price. A good wash with McGuires cystal wash and a spray down of Silkolene ProPrep works great too. My '03 still looks like new with nearly 30K on it.

The only water my bike has seen is on the trailer ride home from Arkansas last year.

i use plexxus

I wash mine all the time. Maybe that's why my horn stopped working
SHOCKED.gif

I use gas and a rag to clean the chain lube, tar and road grime off the swingarm, frame and pipes, standard wash the rest of the bike.  Compessed air dry (no spots, gets the crannies) and then I wax the tank with a standard Carnuba.  
Total time: 1 hour
06 looks showroom after 11,000 miles  
SHOCKED.gif

Say..."Totally Cheesey"!!!!
laugh.gif

busaside2.jpg

All of Motul's stuff is great and their cycle cleaner is just like S100 only $4 cheaper for the same amount.
My bike was show quality this morning...then the ride...the butterflys...now it has 5 pounds of yellow guts on the front. Bug parts actually came into my helmet vents today (I guess that's what prolonged high speed riding does in the springtime).

P1000127.JPG

(Luvanicebum @ May 27 2007,23:07) I use gas and a rag to clean the chain lube, tar and road grime off the swingarm, frame and pipes, standard wash the rest of the bike. Compessed air dry (no spots, gets the crannies) and then I wax the tank with a standard Carnuba.
Total time: 1 hour
06 looks showroom after 11,000 miles
SHOCKED.gif

Say..."Totally Cheesey"!!!!
laugh.gif
Not a good idea to get gas on your bare hands!
Gasoline has Benzene and other hydrocarbons which can bring you health problems down the road!

Keep the info coming guys. I'm about to put the bike in the driveway and get down & dirty cleaning her.

I don't wanna do it the wrong way. Should I use a pressure washer or just a hose and some good cleaner? I planned on giving her a gentle hand wash w/ a wool mit (same kind I wash ALL my cars with) and than drying her with microfiber towels and following up with Turtles new "ICE" for a shine!

This sound good... or should I choose another route?

i've been using s100 for years. spray it on,hose it off,blow dry with my leaf blower. i don't spend enough time cleaning or polishing.

(05BusaLe @ May 27 2007,23:08) I use pledge!
pledge is where its at most of your ole' hotrodders swear by it and theres no build up like you get from wax plus these guys usually are protecting 10-20 grand paint jobs go figure
beerchug.gif

Back