ATTN: "PLEDGE-LINGS" (and S100 afficianados)...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
this is funny...last weekend i headed north and swung by the fort pierce multi-stealership in search of a white & blue squeeze jug of S100 to give Oren a good what fer of a pre-season cleaning (florida summers over lol) and?..like the many other shops i've recently tried to buy a squeeze jug of S100 only to be disappointed that even they dont have it anymore..as they too just had the liter jug of honda bright shid with no squeeze nozzle...but?..(as allll the other sales persons pointed out) says "Made By S100"..so i broke down and in disgust grabbed the liter bottle of honda bright...tired of all the "miss" of hit & miss looking for my beloved white squeeze jug of S100...then the dude asks me...whatcha cleaning?..told'im my '03 busa...and after grabbing a jug of the honda bright i told'im i needed some chain wax chain lube...and they were out of that as well..so i wound up buying a can of the Honda brand Chain Lube..not bad shid..i used it before and i actually like the fact it doesnt seem to sling as much crap up under the left side tail section and gets the sustained high speed job done were others have failed before the end of an ultra fast day with the local crazy crew...so there i was with my liter jug of Honda Bright with no squeeze nozzle in one hand and a tall can of Honda Chain Lube in the other heading for the checkout and the dude says..

"Hey Man!...long as you doing all that ya might as well grab a can of this too!"

as he shoves it at me...

"Honda Spray Polish"

i looked at it like i might be interested as he went on a rant of how good i already know it is and after he ran himself out with the sales rant?..

I smiled and told'im..

"I know it's good shid......i used it for years...

(then i leaned over to glance at the price sticker) and said..

$8.99 a can eh?

Him: Yeah man and worth every penny as i'm sure you know..it cleans and shines everything!

and that's when i cracked a big grin and said..

"So Does Lemon Pledge!" :poke: :laugh:

and since his jaw dropped with a smile in his eyes i rubbed it in with...

Only BETTER! :laugh:

and for less than 1/2 that Price! :poke: :laugh:

and for bonus points?

My Busa has that oh so sweet & clean smell'in Citrusy Aroma! :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
I just picked up half a dozen cans of pledge at costco. This will be the first time using it.
Question: Do you use it to clean a dirty rear wheel? Or do you clean with kero and use the pledge to keep it clean?

Try it out! :thumbsup:

Once a first layer of pledge is on, the next time you clean the bike it is much easier to remove dirt and dead bugs.

do u guys use pledge on the whole bike? Used it a few times on wheels and plastics, but haven't tried it yet on the fairings and such. I assume it won't strip wax or anything off, correct?

do u guys use pledge on the whole bike? Used it a few times on wheels and plastics, but haven't tried it yet on the fairings and such. I assume it won't strip wax or anything off, correct?

Yes it will....strip the wax and has no UV protection...good luck:whistle:
Don't assume anything, how do you think the "no waxy buildup" claim is accomplished?

(at least no one has proven, as many times as I've question it, that it has
UV protection)

Personally, I'll pass on the pledge except for rims. Too many other high quality
waxes out there that I KNOW has UV protection.

to each his own...I'm not taking a chance with my baby, specially with the Florida SUN.

Last edited:

I use it on the whole bike, except seats grips, pegs and tires.

Ive never waxed my bike since purchase only been using Pledge.

Not sure how long Jesse had used Pledge but his bike shows result.

My bike sits at least 8 hours outside in the sun during workday.

I have not seen any issues except HOT SEATS!! :laugh:

I use it on the whole bike, except seats grips, pegs and tires.

Ive never waxed my bike since purchase only been using Pledge.

Not sure how long Jesse had used Pledge but his bike shows result.

My bike sits at least 8 hours outside in the sun during workday.

I have not seen any issues except HOT SEATS!! :laugh:

I've been using it for almost 3 years now. I was using Plexus first and decided to give Pledge a try and never looked back.:thumbsup:

Yes it will....strip the wax and has no UV protection...good luck:whistle:
Don't assume anything, how do you think the "no waxy buildup" claim is accomplished?

(at least no one has proven, as many times as I've question it, that it has
UV protection)

Personally, I'll pass on the pledge except for rims. Too many other high quality
waxes out there that I KNOW has UV protection.

to each his own...I'm not taking a chance with my baby, specially with the Florida SUN.

uhmmm...as i understand UV effects & affects?...unless you're worried about your ride/rides contracting skin cancer or glaucoma?.."UV" related damage is not a concern in protecting petroleum based products such as paints & plastics and while many products boast "UV Protectant Additives"?...(such as many "Clear Coat Products"?..the real culprit is "HEAT"...which cooks the aeromatic oils out of plastic/paint/petroleum based products...causing them to dry and crack...UV protectants merely offer a slight degree of safeguarding "Color Dyes" which are organic based...and this is why products such as armourall were all the rage as they debuted and all these "Shiner Products" have something in common.."SILICONE OIL"...and what cremes and ointments are to a womans skin?..."Silicone Oil" is too petroleum based products including rubber..even when i usta do jet kit installations i'd refer to armour-alling the rubber intake/airbox boots as "Giving Them A Drink"...all that engine heat?...all them "Heat Cycles"?...liberal application of silicone oil/spray keeps them soft & supple...and they rarely see any sunlight...but dang if they dont dry out & crack in short order..proving..."HEAT" is the culprit...not this UV hype everybody is marketeering on..and the cool thing about pledge is that it's ingredients is almost exactly just like products such as plexus and honda spray polish which closely emulate thousands of household name brand silicone products ranging from armourall too the seemingly endless list of tire shine products and the like...and the propane, butane and isobutane (found in lemon pledge) act as not only "Solvents to Clean" but they also act as "A HOST" to carry the silicone oil deep into surfaces...like a silicone oil infusion...a "DEEP" infusion of silicone oil..except with pledge?..they also add in percentages of natural citrus based oils (namely lemon oil & orange oil) along with the silicone oil...the aeromatics disapate..leaving behind a deep infused shine of silicone oil with a fresh lemony scent...and there ya have it..my other .98 cents! :laugh:

L8R, The whole dollar Bill. :cool:

I just picked up half a dozen cans of pledge at costco. This will be the first time using it.
Question: Do you use it to clean a dirty rear wheel? Or do you clean with kero and use the pledge to keep it clean?
the wheel yes but my sprockets and chain i use diesel fuel or kerosene. pledge works VERY well on almost the entire bike.:thumbsup:

interesting bill, heat is certianly a factor but I still wouldn't discount the UV element...

From Wikipedia...

Degradation of polymers, pigments and dyes
Many polymers used in consumer products are degraded by UV light, and need
addition of UV absorbers to inhibit attack, especially if the products are
exposed to sunlight. The problem appears as discoloration or fading, cracking,
and, sometimes, total product disintegration if cracking has proceeded
sufficiently. The rate of attack increases with exposure time and sunlight
intensity.

It is known as UV degradation, and is one form of polymer degradation.
Sensitive polymers include thermoplastics, such as polypropylene and
polyethylene as well as speciality fibers like aramids. UV absorption leads to
chain degradation and loss of strength at sensitive points in the chain
structure. They include tertiary carbon atoms, which in polypropylene occur in
every repeat unit. Aramid rope must be shielded with a sheath of
thermoplastic if it is to retain its strength.

In addition, many pigments and dyes absorb UV and change colour, so
paintings and textiles may need extra protection both from sunlight and
fluorescent bulbs, two common sources of UV radiation. Old and antique
paintings such as watercolour paintings, for example, usually must be placed
away from direct sunlight. Common window glass provides some protection by
absorbing some of the harmful UV, but valuable artifacts need extra
shielding. Many museums place black curtains over watercolour paintings and
ancient textiles, for example. Since watercolours can have very low pigment
levels, they need extra protection from UV light.

Now wikipedia doesn't go on to specify automotive paint but living in florida,
I've seen enough paint damaged unwaxed cars to last a lifetime.

Allexperts (for what it's worth)
Question
My suv has a cracked look to its paint on the roof and hood. What caused it.

Answer
We call it "Checking and Cracking", generally it is caused by the uv rays from
the sun thinning out the clear coat. The finish needs to be well protected
with wax..If the paint is colorsanded to thin to the point that the clear is so
thin there is no screeners left in he clear it will bake the finish in a sense..
All you can do is strip it and paint it over..

You guys enjoy your pledge, after 4-1/2 years and 40 thousand miles...I'll
stick with my wax

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

Last edited:
this is funny...last weekend i headed north and swung by the fort pierce multi-stealership in search of a white & blue squeeze jug of S100 to give Oren a good what fer of a pre-season cleaning (florida summers over lol) and?..like the many other shops i've recently tried to buy a squeeze jug of S100 only to be disappointed that even they dont have it anymore..as they too just had the liter jug of honda bright shid with no squeeze nozzle...but?..(as allll the other sales persons pointed out) says "Made By S100"..so i broke down and in disgust grabbed the liter bottle of honda bright...tired of all the "miss" of hit & miss looking for my beloved white squeeze jug of S100...then the dude asks me...whatcha cleaning?..told'im my '03 busa...and after grabbing a jug of the honda bright i told'im i needed some chain wax chain lube...and they were out of that as well..so i wound up buying a can of the Honda brand Chain Lube..not bad shid..i used it before and i actually like the fact it doesnt seem to sling as much crap up under the left side tail section and gets the sustained high speed job done were others have failed before the end of an ultra fast day with the local crazy crew...so there i was with my liter jug of Honda Bright with no squeeze nozzle in one hand and a tall can of Honda Chain Lube in the other heading for the checkout and the dude says..

"Hey Man!...long as you doing all that ya might as well grab a can of this too!"

as he shoves it at me...

"Honda Spray Polish"

i looked at it like i might be interested as he went on a rant of how good i already know it is and after he ran himself out with the sales rant?..

I smiled and told'im..

"I know it's good shid......i used it for years...

(then i leaned over to glance at the price sticker) and said..

$8.99 a can eh?

Him: Yeah man and worth every penny as i'm sure you know..it cleans and shines everything!

and that's when i cracked a big grin and said..

"So Does Lemon Pledge!" :poke: :laugh:

and since his jaw dropped with a smile in his eyes i rubbed it in with...

Only BETTER! :laugh:

and for less than 1/2 that Price! :poke: :laugh:

and for bonus points?

My Busa has that oh so sweet & clean smell'in Citrusy Aroma! :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Try Spic And Span fresh scent on the lower part and wheels, and then 409 on the upper if it is real dirty or just a light soap and water. i use s&s all the time.

Anyone see the new commercial for pledge, where the guys walking through the house showing all the things pledge is good at cleaning, and there's a guy shining his motorcycle, and the guy says "great on motorcycles". ?

Back