"S h a r k !"

re: "S h a r k !"

Awesome pics! It would be crazy fun to do some skeet shooting with those enormous cannons, but I guess you'd need a pretty big target. :laugh: I always wondered if the crew ever got to practice with those or if the bullets were just to expensive so they were only used in battle. Did you guys get to practice with them much?

...and thanks for everyone's service by the way! :bowdown:

Brother...let me tell you...

In the service (matters not which branch), it's all you do is practice. You have to be an expert at everything you're trained to do...it's how we win.

There are some uninhabited islands (all over the world) which took regular poundings from the Dreadnaughts' (U.S. Battleships) constant barrage.

But in answer to your question, you don't build guns like those if you can't afford the 'bullets' (otherwise known as 'shells').

From this prior service guy; you're welcome.

It was my honor to serve.

That's cool, Hal! I didn't know you were prior service!

:beerchug: Kudos to you, brother!
Yep, NAV all the way. My first commanding officer when we deployed to Viet Nam was John Paul Jones Jr. :thumbsup:

Hal, it is VERY cool that you were an HT2. I was the same when I got out a few years ago. My Father-in-law was a CUCM (32 years) and my soon to be ex was also a squid! I cant wait to get my bike painted. I think many will like it.

Not to make you feel and older then what you already are Scar, but I was maybe 8yrs old when some of those pics were taken in '87. :laugh::laugh:

Not to make you feel and older then what you already are Scar, but I was maybe 8yrs old when some of those pics were taken in '87. :laugh::laugh:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...:poke:...we already decided I'm old enough (and wise enough) to be your father...:whistle:

:rofl:

Hal, it is VERY cool that you were an HT2. I was the same when I got out a few years ago. My Father-in-law was a CUCM (32 years) and my soon to be ex was also a squid! I cant wait to get my bike painted. I think many will like it.

I'm an old goat, so I was a shipfitter, but they changed it to HT about a year before I got out. I was in from 68-72. Did father in law ever serve with MCB62 or any of the other units out of Gulfport, Ms.?

I'm an old goat, so I was a shipfitter, but they changed it to HT about a year before I got out. I was in from 68-72. Did father in law ever serve with MCB62 or any of the other units out of Gulfport, Ms.?

I was a Shipfitter myself. Have the many NECs to prove it. Such a small world Hal.

F-I-L was on west coast out of Port Hueneme and San Bernardino recruiting for his twilight tour. He was part of the stop-loss when the 1st gulf war started.

Scar- Interest is only getting worse now. Was up until 3AM finding the right picture to color in so I can take it to the painter. I have since added a couple of items to my master plan.

I won't even try to describe USN Corpmen side by side with me in combat....they ALL deserve Medals of Honor. Doyle

Thanks for the kind words, Doyle. IMHO, the best tribute to the bond between the Marines and their Doc is the IWO JIMA Memorial (one of the men helping to raise the flag is Doc John Bradley).

main_small.gif

Scar,
I was a "frustrated" bubble head: 1st choice was to become a submarine IDC but flunked the hearing exam. Went on to become a Surface Force IDC instead but spent most of my time with the Marines.

One of the few pics that I have handy, on the HSV-X1 Joint Venture (that's Waikiki in the background)

20080525031001!HSV-X1_Joint_Venture.jpg

Last edited:
Back