"S h a r k !"

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Okay...The gauntlet has been thrown.

in direct response to BigFisch's affront about superiority of 'skimmers' over 'bubble-heads,' I offer the following images...

I served aboard the USS SHARK (SSN591) from 1983 to 1985, the command on which I earned the coveted "Dolphins" of a U.S. Navy Submariner.

:whistle:

It's okay, bro... Everyone knows us bubble-heads rule the Seven Seas.

YN2(SS) White...departing.

(nothin' but love, skimmer...nothin' but love...)

Fair Winds5.jpg

Fair Winds4.jpg

Fair Winds1.jpg

Fair Winds2.jpg

Fair Winds3.jpg

re: "S h a r k !"

Now...N E E D * I * S A Y * M O R E?

Need I Say More.jpg

Ok, the shot has been fired Scar!

Yes, we may have been "targets" for you BUBBLE-HEADS, but with out what I did you all would have been NOTHING!!
1st pick is of the sister ship to my last one (AS-41) USS McKee. I worked in NUCLEAR REPAIR (R-10 DIV). Making sure that reactor kept running!

As you can see the Nimitz is ready to Rock and Roll, and the boys are loading up the depth charges to rattle your cage!

HT2 FISCHER DEPARTING

subsqd3.jpg

shipNimitz[1].jpg

Anti-submarine_warfare.jpg

You'll be pleased then to know that the carrier in the cross-hairs...is indeed...

YOUR NIMITZ!

:poke:

I NEVER said us "SKIMMERS" were superior at all! It is just my belief NOT to have to smell my buddies GAS days after he let it rip! :poke:

I will hand it to all of the SUB FLEET both past and present, :bowdown:, it takes a SPECIAL kind of person to be locked in the DARK for weeks on end!:rofl::rofl:

I just waking up to see the SUN and smell the FRESH air and before going to bed looking at all the beautiful stars in the SKY!:moon:

I NEVER said us "SKIMMERS" were superior at all! It is just my belief NOT to have to smell my buddies GAS days after he let it rip! :poke:

I will hand it to all of the SUB FLEET both past and present, :bowdown:, it takes a SPECIAL kind of person to be locked in the DARK for weeks on end!:rofl::rofl:

I just waking up to see the SUN and smell the FRESH air and before going to bed looking at all the beautiful stars in the SKY!:moon:

I'm just ribbin' ya, bro! You know I got nuttin' but :love: for youze guys.

USS PINTADO; NORTH POLE!

Pintado North Pole.jpg

AHHHHH the fond memories of the awesome port visits! :cheerleader:

Derrick...dear brother of mine...

Even after the ribbing...please let me be the first to salute you and thank you for your selfless service and for a job well done.

You, too, are an American Champion.

You guys are both true seamen! Congrats on your duty to this country. Don't get soft now, keep the good hearted insults going.

Man, you sailors sure get mushy! Doyle (USMC arm of USN)

Man I could tell you all the classified work that I have done on the wonderful Squadron-11 submarines or being one of 2 welders to EVER weld on the torpedo track of a FOREIGN submarine! The HMS Splendid!

Scar- My brother from another mother.... ribbing aside... this thread is awesome!!!!

I am almost waiting for other squids to pipe in! I know we have more of us on the .oRg!

Doyle- you may have been in the USMC (most of us REALLY know what that stands for :whistle:) I welcome your loving sarcasm:thumbsup:

Soft..... NO WAY! The MK-48 tubes and the depth charges just need to be re-loaded!

Man I could tell you all the classified work that I have done on the wonderful Squadron-11 submarines or being one of 2 welders to EVER weld on the torpedo track of a FOREIGN submarine! The HMS Splendid!

Scar- My brother from another mother.... ribbing aside... this thread is awesome!!!!

I am almost waiting for other squids to pipe in! I know we have more of us on the .oRg!

Oh, heck-yeah...

We'll have to pipe 'em aboard... :laugh:

My bosses "Battle Group BRAVO" under Cruiser-Destroyer Group 5 as we set sail for an around-the-world cruise in 1987.

Battle Group BRAVO-Fleur de Lis.jpg

Here's a pic of me with the Navigator, John Green, taken from the fairwater plane to the conning tower.

I remember the sunshine feeling so good...:beerchug:

Conning Tower from Fairwater Planes.jpg

The USS New Jersey 'showing off'. We used her as our Flag Ship for a number of operations out of Long Beach. She was an amazing ship.

Dreadnaught.

USS-NJ-More Fire Power.jpg

Doyle- you may have been in the USMC (most of us REALLY know what that stands for :whistle:) I welcome your loving sarcasm:thumbsup:

Soft..... NO WAY! The MK-48 tubes and the depth charges just need to be re-loaded!

Hey, I spent 33 days crossing the Pacific on the USS Beyar AKA 247 with 2800 sick, pucking Marines! I slept fore of the brig on a rack 13 racks high. I still remember, "Revile revile revile, all restricted men muster at the Master at Arms office".
Then we (5th Mar Div) actually made an amphibious landing over nets with 75 pound combat packs on and if I didn't respect the Navy by then....10 Zodiacs circled in the water below with Navy Seal divers plucking Marines out of the water when they fell off the nets!
I won't even try to describe USN Corpmen side by side with me in combat....they ALL deserve Medals of Honor. Doyle

Back