Run's and almost killed

Another two cents, if I may.

I’m going to throw some dashes of agreement into the pot with GMbusa; however I think that emotions have gotten into this post, maybe a little bit too much.

I’ll try to make it quick and I apologize for any lengthiness, but here it is.

I got a speeding ticket in Cali while driving a cage about a year ago. Total ‘BS’ tickey. My wife was taking me on a Birthday trip back to Monterey, where we were fortunate enough to get to go to the 2005 MotoGP a couple years prior (memories, ya know). I was stopped as two CHPs were leaving one of the only towns on HWY 46 (?) at about 12:30PM from Barstow to the Cali coast. They had to have just finished lunch together and as traveling towards me the front CHP, from quite the distance, got me for 71MPH in a 55MPH zone. He was a ‘sweetie’ and only wrote me up for ‘70’. I cannot emphasize enough how this 55MPH zone on this particular road is underestimated. You could see for miles to your right and to your left. If someone wanted to run into the front of your vehicle to kill themselves you’d see them in enough time to stop if you were doing 100MPH. I was polite, as always, to the officer. I sincerely have the utmost respect for LEOs. I actually ride with some local and Federal Law Enforcement Officers, but that’s more in a moment. He could see my birthday on my license as he wrote the ticket and the Nevada plates (hey, I won’t be back to meet him in court and fight the ticket, right?). I was an easy $core. He could have said ‘slow it down and happy birthday; enjoy Cali’. Actually I thought that it was pretty chicken s*#t myself. It really put a damper on the trip for a bit, but I got over it.

My point; some tickets play more BS havoc on us than we need versus the situation we were driving in. Not all rules and laws are applicable all of the time. I obeyed the 55MPH speed limit all the way to the coast after the ticket and I was more dangerous than ever. Everyone was passing me on blind corners and hill crest. I thought that if someone gets killed because of my now ‘slowness’, how would this LEO feel?
I don’t know if the ticket quota rumors for LEOs are BS, but I’d have to say, if you’re a Highway Patrol Officer and never write a ticket, you’d probably be getting a lecture from your ‘Superiors’. Tickets are a great source of income.

I fought this ticket by ‘Trial by Declaration’ and lost. Now if I get another ticket within the next three years, my rates go up. I haven’t had a ticket on my record for 20 years and now if I get another, I’m semi-screwed; maybe even have to give the Busa up.
So, would I run? 99.9%+ of the time, absolutely not! In the city running red lights, no, not ever, ever! On a highway where the LEO has to turn around and I’ve got an off ramp in 1/8th of a mile and know the roads (and that I have another ticket on my record that is BS, so now my rates will be too high)? Maybe. This LEO that is now after me might throw another ticket my way and now my rates are silly and I’m screwed. I’m doing 80MPH (or maybe a little faster-whatever) in a 55MPH zone with no one around. I’m no threat. Let me be (and a lot of LEOs will ‘let you be’ and not bother you in this scenario).

As far as putting the LEO in harm’s way? If the LEO is turning around sees a motorcycle disappear into the distance, with all utmost due respect, Mr. LEO, don’t put yourself in harm’s way, or others, by whipping down the highway to catch up for ego’s sake; yea, ego’s sake happens! On both sides! LEOs know a good rider and that it’s over at this point. Let it go. Most chases will last 30 seconds or so, if you’re a good rider. It’s usually over within a minute (less a helicopter) most times.

And yes, my law enforcement riders that I am fortunate enough to ride with, do get off of tickets in some way or another for the most part. I’m not going to go as far as stating it as a "get outta jail free pass", but LEOs (local, state and federal) seem to be less susceptible to speeding tickets in some strange, but very understandable, way.

Like I've said before, be careful, but be smart and enjoy!

You were near "Creston" and the Cafe they left was the "Jack Ranch Cafe".. I live about 45 minutes from there. The 46 in that area is called "Blood Alley" because of all the accidents they have there, that is why it is so heavily patrolled and is a "Zero Tolerance" zone. I completely agree with you though, the highway is posted at 55 and should be 65 at least. I believe the reason for so many of the accidents is the slow speed limits. The road is very good (just a lot of hills and sweepers) and if everyone would stay in their own lane and not pass so much, the accidents would go way down, and I feel the 65 limit would alleviate a lot of that as people would be pretty content going 65 through there.. Sorry for your bad experience there, I hope the rest of your trip was better !!! :beerchug:

Cops do get a pass, maybe not the rookies. It's all in that unwritten rule deal. While they may get in trouble to a point, it is in nowhere near what kind of trouble a civilian would get.
It's just the way it is.

I'm not mad at you Moto, or anyone. Doing something once or twice doesn't make you that. I don't condone what is in the Video. Nor do I condone the guys that pass you at highspeed, weaving through traffic. I get my fair share of jokers wanting to play in this DC metro area and once they spot my dump pipe, they think "It's on". Only it's not.

Last edited:
The guy in the video did die. If you look at comments posted there is one from about 3 months ago, below is the cut and paste.

That truck that got hit is my grandpa, his truck is a Dodge Ram 2500. The motorcycle re-directed the way my grandpa was driving.
Thankfully, my grandpa wasn't hurt at all. All that happened was my grandpa's coffee spilled which was the whole reason he stopped at 7-11.
The Harley guy, however, was not so lucky. He ended up dying. It is kind of obvious you won't survive when you're riding a motorcycle and you hit a Ram 2500 going over 100 mph...

Being a LEO I've been in some of these chases. I've seen some bad stuff. Never worth it, NEVER! I will also add that I have stopped quite a few motorcycles and the only ones that have ever gotten a citation are the ones that have an attitude or were doing something in an area where someone else could have been injured very easily. Once someone runs any chance of getting a break is immediately gone.

The guy in the video did die. If you look at comments posted there is one from about 3 months ago, below is the cut and paste.

That truck that got hit is my grandpa, his truck is a Dodge Ram 2500. The motorcycle re-directed the way my grandpa was driving.
Thankfully, my grandpa wasn't hurt at all. All that happened was my grandpa's coffee spilled which was the whole reason he stopped at 7-11.
The Harley guy, however, was not so lucky. He ended up dying. It is kind of obvious you won't survive when you're riding a motorcycle and you hit a Ram 2500 going over 100 mph...

Being a LEO I've been in some of these chases. I've seen some bad stuff. Never worth it, NEVER! I will also add that I have stopped quite a few motorcycles and the only ones that have ever gotten a citation are the ones that have an attitude or were doing something in an area where someone else could have been injured very easily. Once someone runs any chance of getting a break is immediately gone.
:laugh:I don't believe every thing i read on the internet , do you?:laugh:

While in class, I had fellow student (who was apparently going for law enforcement) approach me and noticed I rode a motorcycle. We started talking and ended up getting to the subject about running from cops. He claims that on the highway, most cops will get told to call off the chase once it starts getting out of hand. For any cops out there, is that true? I don't know if its just a Florida thing or what but I had this face the whole time ??? Other people who overheard us in the class also confirmed this... Not sure where everyone got their info from

While in class, I had fellow student (who was apparently going for law enforcement) approach me and noticed I rode a motorcycle. We started talking and ended up getting to the subject about running from cops. He claims that on the highway, most cops will get told to call off the chase once it starts getting out of hand. For any cops out there, is that true? I don't know if its just a Florida thing or what but I had this face the whole time ??? Other people who overheard us in the class also confirmed this... Not sure where everyone got their info from

I have heard if the speed exceeds 120 mph they will back off, i dont know if this is true or not...

Being a LEO I've been in some of these chases. I've seen some bad stuff. Never worth it, NEVER! I will also add that I have stopped quite a few motorcycles and the only ones that have ever gotten a citation are the ones that have an attitude or were doing something in an area where someone else could have been injured very easily. Once someone runs any chance of getting a break is immediately gone.[/QUOTE]

I wish that was what happened with me i was very polite and pulled off the road shut my bike off took my helmet off had my pappers ready said yes sir no sir and still got a ticket for doin 15 over on a back hwy... i was pissed:banghead:

I have heard if the speed exceeds 120 mph they will back off, i dont know if this is true or not...

most of that is left up to departmental policies. Every dept will have different policy and procedure. I can't speak for all states but here in IL the law states that law enforcement need not retreat or desist from efforts to make a lawful arrest because of resistance or threatened resistance to the arrest.

This is by no means a cut and dry issue and departments adjust their policies to avoid lawsuits and liability issues. Most times the call to pursue or not pursue will be based several factors. What's the offense, what's dept policy, how great is the risk to the public, is the subject wanted known or not known and can they be arrested later and the list goes on and on.

There are two ways of thinking on the issue. An example would be this, a person fails to stop at a stop sign, cop initiates stop, person runs. One way of thinking is that the violation is petty and not worth risking injury to the public by pursuing the person. The other way of thinking is why would someone run just because they failed to stop at a stop sign. Could have a load of drugs in the vehicle, could be wanted for a serious crime, the possibilities here are endless. So what do you do?

As an administrator I leave that decision up to my guys. I'm not there to make the call and I'm lucky to have a group of guys that can make those types of decisions based upon risk to property, equipment and public. Many other administrators have a policy to only pursue under stringent guidlines such as forceable felonies such as armed robbery, homicide etc.

This is just a basic short answer and by no means can touch upon all the issues involved. There are many exceptions to every rule and two words that I don't use are "always and never". I just wanted to show how complex the issue is and that there is not a universal answer. What works in one part of the country such as a large urban area may or may not work in a rural area and vice versa. Hope this helps answer the question.

:laugh:I don't believe every thing i read on the internet , do you?:laugh:

not at all. I've done quite a bit of searching for a more reputable source but can't find one stating either way.

From the video we do know the position the motorcyclist was in after the crash, not a good one from my experience. We also know he was not breathing when officers got to him. We also know he didn't have much of a helmet on and it took quite a severe blow. We also saw the damage to the truck (severe) and know the motorcyclist was moving in excess of 100mph

With all that, I don't have reason to cast a ton of doubt on the post that was made. I'm also not going to bet a month's pay on it but the odds were definitely against the guy!

Just figured I'd throw it out there as it hadn't been mentioned previously by anyone. :beerchug:

NORTON - A motorcyclist who outran a Norton police officer during a high-speed chase in February was arrested after the officer identified the cyclist through an Internet post bragging about the incident on the Star Boyz Web site.

Raef Canter, 18, of New Franklin, was 17 on Feb. 14 when he took a 17-year-old friend for a ride on his 1988 Suzuki GSX-R 750 around 2:30 a.m.

He faces charges of delinquency by reason of fleeing police, reckless operation, speeding, no motorcycle endorsement, unauthorized use of plates, obstructed plate and failure to obey a traffic control device.

Norton police officer Dennis McDonald was patrolling state Route 21 when he clocked the bike in excess of 100 mph. He turned and gave chase, but called off the pursuit as the bike neared Fairlawn.

McDonald spotted the bike again on Medina Road near Acme Fresh Market in Bath Township. As he tried to get close enough to get a plate number and description, the driver spotted a Fairlawn cruiser and sped up.

``I wasn't in pursuit,'' McDonald said. ``I wanted to get a better description of the bike in case we saw it again.''

McDonald continued to follow the bike as best he could, as the motorcyclist rode 50 to 60 mph on Copley Road.

``He was taking the curves pretty slowly, driving pretty responsibly,'' McDonald said.

Once the cyclist cleared the railroad tracks at Copley Circle, he accelerated to more than 140 mph, McDonald said.

Bragging on Internet

As pursuits go, this seemed destined to be the one that got away -- until the officer heard about a post on StarBoyz.com, the Web site of a group of extreme motorcycle stunt riders known for their antics on public highways.

In an April 28 post under the subject ``Tales from the Streets FTP Style,'' someone who called himself ``rc138705'' bragged about outrunning three cruisers while carrying a passenger.

FTP stands for ``F--- The Police.''

``My friend comes over on (sic) night and he wants to go for a ride so I take him out on 21 and open the bike out well my luck a Norton cop passes on the other side when I was slowing down, I was doing about 90, I didn't really think he would try to chase a bike so I speed up to about 120... ''

McDonald said he knew when he read the post that the writer was the cyclist he chased in February.

So he joined the Web site, read other posts ``rc138705'' had written and discovered the cyclist was planning to sell the bike he was riding the night of the pursuit.

A motorcycle enthusiast himself, McDonald owns a newer model of the same bike. So, he e-mailed ``rc138705'' and expressed an interest in buying it.

``We e-mailed back and forth five or six times,'' McDonald said. ``I asked different questions about the bike and pretended that I didn't read the section about the police chase, that all I did was read the classified ads.''

When the cyclist e-mailed McDonald his phone number, McDonald traced it to Canter.

McDonald arranged to meet Canter on Saturday so that McDonald could look over the bike.

When they met, McDonald said he mentioned a post he read in the classified section that intimated that Canter's bike had been used to outrun the police.

``I asked him what that was about,'' McDonald said. ``He told me: `That's all I've done on this bike is run from the cops.' He said: `Every time I go out, they chase me.' ''

McDonald said Canter then told him the story of the February chase, and even told him that he could read the whole story on the Web site.

``He got all excited that I was interested in the story,'' the officer said, ``and started bragging away about it.''

Badge revealed

McDonald said he asked to test-drive the bike, and Canter said he would ride it first to warm it up. When he pulled back into the driveway, a Norton cruiser pulled in behind him.

``He didn't know why they were there,'' McDonald said. ``He started coming up with excuses, telling them I was there to buy the bike and he knew it had bad plates on it.''

That's when McDonald flashed his badge.

``I told him, `I'm the officer you ran from on 21,' '' McDonald said. ``He got white as a ghost and just stood there.''

Reached by phone Monday, Canter said he has been riding for about 10 years, starting on dirt bikes. He said he got the idea to run from police by reading the Star Boyz Web site.

``The Star Boyz do it. Everyone else on that Web site does it. I know a lot of people who do it and they get away with it and tell their stories,'' Canter said. ``I knew he couldn't catch me if I tried to get away. I didn't know it was a serious thing.''

`An everyday ride'

Canter said he usually did his fast riding late at night, and he stayed in the middle of the road so that cars would see the bright light from the motorcycle and wouldn't pull out into its path.

``It's dangerous,'' Canter said, ``but it didn't feel crazy. It felt normal to me. Just an everyday ride, really.''

Canter said he doesn't smoke or do drugs. He said riding is a way to fight boredom.

``I'd rather hang out with people who outrun cops,'' he said, ``than people who sit around and smoke dope.''

But, Canter said, his running days are over.

``I made a bad choice that night,'' he said. ``There's no way I'd ever run again.''

He was booked Saturday by Norton police and released pending an appearance in juvenile court.

McDonald, who has been riding for nine years, said he has nothing against stunt cyclists.

``When you get on the bike, it's a rush,'' he said. ``They're made to go fast and you want to go fast.

The nut of all this is that many/most speed limits are set very low, such that the slowest-reflex old timer won't be driving over his abilities, while driving some softly sprung ill-handling POS cage. He/she's maxed out at 50 MPH, and who's trapped behind but someone with very good driving skills on a sportbike, Vette, etc.

Cop knows all this, but tickets make LOTS of money for the local gov't., so he's ready to write those tickets as fast as he can. He acts like a robot, the law is the law, you speed, you pay. AKA highway robbery. The deck is stacked. You zip along 10+ over a slow speed limit, cop sees it as a huge red flag. Gotta nail this dude, who does he think he is, flaunting a law I've sworn to uphold.

Pull right over, you might get a break, or you might get a big fine and pay for years via your insurance co. Have a good jump on the cop, etc? Some of us will go for it, some won't. I would under the right circumstances. No long chases, gotta be over real quick. Need good places to hide. Don't worry about your lic. plate, if you get away nobody knows who was riding. Don't go near your riding limits and stay calm--it's the cop who's all worked and frothing as you give him great relief from boredom. Instead of wanting to nail you and get those $$$$, he should be searching for robbers, muggers, etc. But that's dangerous work, let some other cop do it.

Big difference between a biker just running 10-20 over and someone doing high speed wheelies in traffic, etc. One could be a real danger to others, the other not.

Bottom line, if you decide to run, make it short and don't panic. If you're not *real* sure you will make it, stop and hope you catch a break.

Last edited:
You were near "Creston" and the Cafe they left was the "Jack Ranch Cafe".. I live about 45 minutes from there. The 46 in that area is called "Blood Alley" because of all the accidents they have there, that is why it is so heavily patrolled and is a "Zero Tolerance" zone. I completely agree with you though, the highway is posted at 55 and should be 65 at least. I believe the reason for so many of the accidents is the slow speed limits. The road is very good (just a lot of hills and sweepers) and if everyone would stay in their own lane and not pass so much, the accidents would go way down, and I feel the 65 limit would alleviate a lot of that as people would be pretty content going 65 through there.. Sorry for your bad experience there, I hope the rest of your trip was better !!! :beerchug:

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to have some intelligent understanding that sometimes too slow of a speed limit may be the cause of unfortunate accidents.

Looking at a map, I was on the 46 heading West out of Bakersfield, just East of a very small town called 'Wasco' (which intersects with the 43). I meant to say in the origingal post that I was leaving 'Bakersfield', not 'Barstow'. Sorry.

The rest of the trip was fantastic!:thumbsup: Thanks!

Big difference between a biker just running 10-20 over and someone doing high speed wheelies in traffic, etc. One could be a real danger to others, the other not.

Bottom line, if you decide to run, make it short and don't panic. If you're not *real* sure you will make it, stop and hope you catch a break.

Got it! I never was sure what to do in a running situation, but now I'm armed with your info, I'm gonna give it a go, Thanks!!:poke:

NORTON - A motorcyclist who outran a Norton police officer during a high-speed chase in February was arrested after the officer identified the cyclist through an Internet post bragging about the incident on the Star Boyz Web site.

Raef Canter, 18, of New Franklin, was 17 on Feb. 14 when he took a 17-year-old friend for a ride on his 1988 Suzuki GSX-R 750 around 2:30 a.m.

He faces charges of delinquency by reason of fleeing police, reckless operation, speeding, no motorcycle endorsement, unauthorized use of plates, obstructed plate and failure to obey a traffic control device.

Norton police officer Dennis McDonald was patrolling state Route 21 when he clocked the bike in excess of 100 mph. He turned and gave chase, but called off the pursuit as the bike neared Fairlawn.

McDonald spotted the bike again on Medina Road near Acme Fresh Market in Bath Township. As he tried to get close enough to get a plate number and description, the driver spotted a Fairlawn cruiser and sped up.

``I wasn't in pursuit,'' McDonald said. ``I wanted to get a better description of the bike in case we saw it again.''

McDonald continued to follow the bike as best he could, as the motorcyclist rode 50 to 60 mph on Copley Road.

``He was taking the curves pretty slowly, driving pretty responsibly,'' McDonald said.

Once the cyclist cleared the railroad tracks at Copley Circle, he accelerated to more than 140 mph, McDonald said.

Bragging on Internet

As pursuits go, this seemed destined to be the one that got away -- until the officer heard about a post on StarBoyz.com, the Web site of a group of extreme motorcycle stunt riders known for their antics on public highways.

In an April 28 post under the subject ``Tales from the Streets FTP Style,'' someone who called himself ``rc138705'' bragged about outrunning three cruisers while carrying a passenger.

FTP stands for ``F--- The Police.''

``My friend comes over on (sic) night and he wants to go for a ride so I take him out on 21 and open the bike out well my luck a Norton cop passes on the other side when I was slowing down, I was doing about 90, I didn't really think he would try to chase a bike so I speed up to about 120... ''

McDonald said he knew when he read the post that the writer was the cyclist he chased in February.

So he joined the Web site, read other posts ``rc138705'' had written and discovered the cyclist was planning to sell the bike he was riding the night of the pursuit.

A motorcycle enthusiast himself, McDonald owns a newer model of the same bike. So, he e-mailed ``rc138705'' and expressed an interest in buying it.

``We e-mailed back and forth five or six times,'' McDonald said. ``I asked different questions about the bike and pretended that I didn't read the section about the police chase, that all I did was read the classified ads.''

When the cyclist e-mailed McDonald his phone number, McDonald traced it to Canter.

McDonald arranged to meet Canter on Saturday so that McDonald could look over the bike.

When they met, McDonald said he mentioned a post he read in the classified section that intimated that Canter's bike had been used to outrun the police.

``I asked him what that was about,'' McDonald said. ``He told me: `That's all I've done on this bike is run from the cops.' He said: `Every time I go out, they chase me.' ''

McDonald said Canter then told him the story of the February chase, and even told him that he could read the whole story on the Web site.

``He got all excited that I was interested in the story,'' the officer said, ``and started bragging away about it.''

Badge revealed

McDonald said he asked to test-drive the bike, and Canter said he would ride it first to warm it up. When he pulled back into the driveway, a Norton cruiser pulled in behind him.

``He didn't know why they were there,'' McDonald said. ``He started coming up with excuses, telling them I was there to buy the bike and he knew it had bad plates on it.''

That's when McDonald flashed his badge.

``I told him, `I'm the officer you ran from on 21,' '' McDonald said. ``He got white as a ghost and just stood there.''

Reached by phone Monday, Canter said he has been riding for about 10 years, starting on dirt bikes. He said he got the idea to run from police by reading the Star Boyz Web site.

``The Star Boyz do it. Everyone else on that Web site does it. I know a lot of people who do it and they get away with it and tell their stories,'' Canter said. ``I knew he couldn't catch me if I tried to get away. I didn't know it was a serious thing.''

`An everyday ride'

Canter said he usually did his fast riding late at night, and he stayed in the middle of the road so that cars would see the bright light from the motorcycle and wouldn't pull out into its path.

``It's dangerous,'' Canter said, ``but it didn't feel crazy. It felt normal to me. Just an everyday ride, really.''

Canter said he doesn't smoke or do drugs. He said riding is a way to fight boredom.

``I'd rather hang out with people who outrun cops,'' he said, ``than people who sit around and smoke dope.''

But, Canter said, his running days are over.

``I made a bad choice that night,'' he said. ``There's no way I'd ever run again.''

He was booked Saturday by Norton police and released pending an appearance in juvenile court.

McDonald, who has been riding for nine years, said he has nothing against stunt cyclists.

``When you get on the bike, it's a rush,'' he said. ``They're made to go fast and you want to go fast.

I guess he should have hung out with the dope smokers instead:laugh:

The nut of all this is that many/most speed limits are set very low, such that the slowest-reflex old timer won't be driving over his abilities, while driving some softly sprung ill-handling POS cage. He/she's maxed out at 50 MPH, and who's trapped behind but someone with very good driving skills on a sportbike, Vette, etc.

Cop knows all this, but tickets make LOTS of money for the local gov't., so he's ready to write those tickets as fast as he can. He acts like a robot, the law is the law, you speed, you pay. AKA highway robbery. The deck is stacked. You zip along 10+ over a slow speed limit, cop sees it as a huge red flag. Gotta nail this dude, who does he think he is, flaunting a law I've sworn to uphold.

Pull right over, you might get a break, or you might get a big fine and pay for years via your insurance co. Have a good jump on the cop, etc? Some of us will go for it, some won't. I would under the right circumstances. No long chases, gotta be over real quick. Need good places to hide. Don't worry about your lic. plate, if you get away nobody knows who was riding. Don't go near your riding limits and stay calm--it's the cop who's all worked and frothing as you give him great relief from boredom. Instead of wanting to nail you and get those $$$$, he should be searching for robbers, muggers, etc. But that's dangerous work, let some other cop do it.

I’m going to agree, for the most part. I’m not too sure if the LEOs are overly concerned about writing tickets to bring in the $$$. Maybe to some extent, but I’m pretty sure that they don’t get a bonus if they meet some sort of target$$$.

Some can handle faster speeds (not necessarily speeding through traffic on one wheel, just as mentioned). Some folks cannot carry a conversation while driving through a parking lot. We can see proof of this by the high amount of accidents due to some folks talking on their cell phones while driving (illegal in California now, I believe). So someone else (apparently quite a few, with all respect) can’t drive and talk on a cell phone and now those of us with that ‘ability’, well, we can’t hold a cell phone and talk anymore-it’s illegal; actually I’m for this law because too many can’t seem to perform this task and many are getting hurt, or worst yet, killed. It doesn’t mean that others aren’t capable of doing talking and driving at the same time! My point being is that it’s ‘easy’ and ‘profitable’ for a law to cater to the lowest common denominator in society. Running from a LEO is a bad idea-almost every time; however…?

I know federal LEOs who have done it because the way was clear, quickly over and they didn’t want to deal with it.

Paying heavy fines and insurance rates through the roof is what makes most contemplate this run form the LEOs. Give someone an ‘ability to drive test’, and many warnings with some type of ‘good driving ability’ compensation and we’d have safer roads. Local and state budgets would suffer, but we’d be safer- but why would local and state budgets give a s*#t about our safety over their money? Have we learned anything with the destruction of our global economy due to greed?

Also, by the by, the federal LEOs that I’ve ridden with had a great laugh when I got my speeding ticket in Cali (post #38, very lengthy also, sorry). But they ride in 100MPH pace and 150MPH+ speeds. They’ve run, as mentioned above, and have been pulled over but released ticketless. I was so happy that I could bring a laugh to them through my misfortune (ticket for 70MPH in a 55) that they seem to be immune to. FU.

I can’t get over my lengthy post on this topic. Sorry.

Hurting yourself or others isnt the only price. What about the next poor sap? Last August that sap was me. I was hit from the left rear while riding in traffic. When the NYNJ Port Authority cop got to the scene the other driver lied his ass off and said I cut in front of him and just fell. He said he never touched me. I had a burn from his front right tire on my left fairing to prove he hit me. The cop said I was lying. He said motorcycle riders all ride like *******s and that I was probably at fault. He wrote the report in favor of the other guy and totally screwed me. Oh by the way I am a LEO as well. Didnt do me jack. When I confronted the jerk he just blew me off. When I talked to one of his superiors they apologized for his behavior and said he had a vendetta against bikers because he had been beat too often. But the only person who could amend the report was the one who wrote it. So because a couple of asses had to run for whatever reason I had to pay the price.

Back