Run's and almost killed

It aint worth it most of the time. But it can save your ass in a pinch.

BUT, WTF.. it aint worth arguing it.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED MOTOGP08? Why not go trolling on your cop website...

Yeah, it's real easy to say "it's not worth it to run no matter what", when you have a "get outta jail free pass".

F'n troll.

Last edited:
It aint worth it most of the time.

Yeah, it's real easy to say "it's not worth it to run no matter what", when you have a "get outta jail free pass".

F'n troll.
I think you were the one that "advocated" running...

your statement if it is a BS ticket... How do you know what you are being stopped for? you would know if you did nothing wrong right? so a cop lights you up and you automatically go into "run mode"?

If you had done nothing wrong, the cop would have been right behind you when he lit you up, hence he has your tag already.. He may not even be pulling you over, he might be on his way to an emergency and you just need to scoot over out of the way, instead you run?

you just fail to make sense here.. if you knew you had done something and the cop was coming back after you , then maybe he would not have your tag.. BUT you know what you were doing wrong and it is not a "BS" ticket..

anyway, I dont thing the kid was trolling for a fight, but you put up the right stuff for it :laugh:

I'm not a runner, but have run in the past. I rarely even go that fast. But, you know when a BS ticket is gonna happen, you just do. It really depends on the situation. My experiences are highway only and the VA state police have an open door policy. If they open the door, you ARE getting a ticket. I also know my whole area like the back of my hand.
I want people to understand that I'm not a regular outta control speeding freak. I actually ride slower WITH my turbo than I did without. If a cop is right behind me, I won't run. If he can get my plate, I'll stop. But, if I'm on the Highway and it's relativly clear.... I might, I might not. Now the local cops down in Waynesboro,Va are cool. I had one cop pull me over to let me know my tail light went out. No ticket.

The WORST cops that I EVER had to deal with? Remington, Va. They're real A-holes.

Last edited:

F'n troll.

Take a breath, bro. The kid isn't trolling but he is new to the board. He posted a video and he has an opinion on the matter. Ease up off 'em.

I completely agree, you should not run from the police. By "you", I mean, YOU. If you're doing something you know is going to get you pulled over then be prepared to pull it over, take the heat, and pay the fee to keep playing. If you're not pulling over, all you're doing is using stupidity to save you from stupidity. Don't let your double dose of dumb run your stuff into anyone in my family, please.

:banghead:

I think you were the one that "advocated" running...

your statement if it is a BS ticket... How do you know what you are being stopped for? you would know if you did nothing wrong right? so a cop lights you up and you automatically go into "run mode"?

If you had done nothing wrong, the cop would have been right behind you when he lit you up, hence he has your tag already.. He may not even be pulling you over, he might be on his way to an emergency and you just need to scoot over out of the way, instead you run?

you just fail to make sense here.. if you knew you had done something and the cop was coming back after you , then maybe he would not have your tag.. BUT you know what you were doing wrong and it is not a "BS" ticket..

anyway, I dont thing the kid was trolling for a fight, but you put up the right stuff for it :laugh:

See? No matter what I say. I'm the bad guy. I've ran a total of 2 times.

See? No matter what I say. I'm the bad guy. I've ran a total of 2 times.

It's not the number of times you've run... though in my opinion one is too many. It's both in how you responded to his post and the fact that you're ready to run again the next time you get caught riding the motorcycle the same way we all tend too.

No one answer to this as nobody wants to condone running. Cause "Nobody here" ever speeds.

Here's a scenario. Your rolling down the highway and there's rolling hills where you can lose sight of cars ahead or behind. Your rolling down the road about 10-15 over late in the evening on a deserted highway and and up ahead an officer spots you while heading the other way, then quickly slowing for a cutthrough. You know it'll take the cop atleast 5 seconds to cut through and he's atleast a 1/2mile behind you still in the pulloff..

Since you know the area, you know there's an exit 1/2mile up the road and a bunch of places to duck behind and/or roads to take.

Do you stop? Do you run? Just think about it.

That is a BS ticket.

It's not the number of times you've run... though in my opinion one is too many. It's both in how you responded to his post and the fact that you're ready to run again the next time you get caught riding the motorcycle the same way we all tend too.

That's not the case. So, if you've ever had a beer, then you must be an alcoholic? Right? That's using you conclusion.

My 2 times of running has happened over a 7 yr period on the highway. No I'm a bad person.

Of course no one is gonna fess up. I did. My mistake.

Maybe I took Moto's first post the wrong way. Either way, this is how I feel about it.

Last edited:
I think it is a personal perference, I have run 3 times in 20 years. Once I was very young maybe 19 almost killed myself to get a way. Got caught didn't know where I was going and turned down a road and 5.0 was coming down the road. That wasn't pretty. Than had my Kaw 1200 on a nice Sunday ride doing about 15 over (you know it is easy on bike bikes) come over a hill and damn VA state police sitting behind the hill, I looked in my side mirror and saw his brake lights come on so I backed off the gas and was cussing myself for speeding...than something came over me, I knew he didn't get my license and 1/4 mile away is a turn off and I know where I am going now..so into the tuck I go and back on the pipe, glazed the brakes slowing down made the right hand turn and kissing the red line 1st -4th than up ahead another T in the rode I took another right and red line every gear. I have no idea when he ended up but I can tell you at the 2nd turn I was a ghost and than I rode clamly back to my house and park in the garage. I was pumped up it was exciting but it could have ended badly, but like I said something took over me and I could stop it, I am not saying to do it but it happens. Living in VA myself the cops have rule and the rule is your getting a ticket and if you run you better not get caught because there bringing a ass woppen with them :) And the third time was when I was 40 years old..yea you think I know better but I had just gotten stuff done to the Busa and was on a road that has about a mile straight away and never any cops on it... on yea except for the one time I am ON IT.. like 150+ I went by him like a rocket he was coming the other way and hit his lights 400 yards before I got to him, he was in his car looking at the radar saying what $%&# well guess what I wouldn't be here today typing this message if I would have pulled over at that speed, nothing would have gotten me out of that one could you imagine... so yes I stayed on it and took every back road I could until I got home... (I was scared about that run) I made it home and stayed off that road for at least 6 months... :please: Damn Busa it was just asking me to hammer it.. and my license plate doesn't help much.. see the link.

Hayabusa : Home Page

That's not the case. So, if you've ever had a beer, then you must be an alcoholic? Right? That's using you conclusion.

My 2 times of running has happened over a 7 yr period on the highway. No I'm a bad person.

Of course no one is gonna fess up. I did. My mistake.

Maybe I took Moto's first post the wrong way. Either way, this is how I feel about it.

Yeah, ya kinda took my OP in the wrong way. I don't and will NEVER condone running from law-enforcement, it's just not worth it. (The pursuing officer is put in danger too).

I didn't want to start a fight, you guys are friends. I just wanted to make a point as to what can happen when people evade the police.

I don't consider you a "runner" for running a couple of times. But at the same time, if someone is convicted for GTA (grand theft auto), what are they usually considered?...*cough cough* (a thief).

A friend of mine ran from LE a while back. He was at 140mph trying to outrun them, set his knee down to make a sudden turn, and touched the pavement with his knee only covered by blue jeans...(he said it hurt like a beyotch!)

I don't like to hear about people getting hurt/killed because of running from the police.

You do realize you can be cited for even 1mph over the limit right? ??? They tend to call it a speed limit for a reason...:whistle::laugh:

No harm, no foul bro. Just be careful out there!:beerchug:

F'n troll.

That is what you think we have? A get out of jail free pass? Not quite...:no:

I don't speed much (can't say I NEVER have) because I know the consequences and don't like to get in trouble.

I'm not perfect, I've done things wrong in my life too. EVERYONE does. But I realize that what I do wrong...IS wrong. If I get caught doing something that I know is wrong, I have no problem fessing up and admitting it wasn't right, then I take whatever meds they have to give.

I've never had a ticket, never had a DUI, never committed any moderate/serious misdemeanors or felonies...I'm just of a personality that I ABSOLUTELLY HATE to get into trouble, just my personality. I have begun living now like I have a badge. I don't do a lot of things that I enjoyed doing before I made this choice, because I know they were wrong, and this career choice has cleaned up the way I think, act, dress, etc. It's really changed me for the better.

Once again, I'm NOT perfect, not EVEN close. But I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and taking the lumps coming to me for that wrongdoing.

Sorry if I upset you with my OP, it wasn't mean't to start a fight. I found that video and I figure if it keeps even 1 person from running and losing their life/killing someone else...then it was worth it.

If not, then it still convey's that bad things happen when you run sometimes.

If you don't agree with the way other people feel in this thread, don't post...no-one is forcing you to view this thread. Totally your choice.:beerchug:

Yeah, ya kinda took my OP in the wrong way. I don't and will NEVER condone running from law-enforcement, it's just not worth it. (The pursuing officer is put in danger too).

I didn't want to start a fight, you guys are friends. I just wanted to make a point as to what can happen when people evade the police.

I don't consider you a "runner" for running a couple of times. But at the same time, if someone is convicted for GTA (grand theft auto), what are they usually considered?...*cough cough* (a thief).

A friend of mine ran from LE a while back. He was at 140mph trying to outrun them, set his knee down to make a sudden turn, and touched the pavement with his knee only covered by blue jeans...(he said it hurt like a beyotch!)

I don't like to hear about people getting hurt/killed because of running from the police.

You do realize you can be cited for even 1mph over the limit right? ??? They tend to call it a speed limit for a reason...:whistle::laugh:

No harm, no foul bro. Just be careful out there!:beerchug:

I feel like i am in some sort of A.A meeting.:laugh:

All I can add to that clip is : :hmmm:

Not in my league of rider ..:kungfu:

Also trying to out run the Police in a metro area on a V-Twin cruiser in piss poor shape ? :dunno:

I do know that if I ever go at it again, I would Carpe Diem it.

And never talk, hint or admit to it to anyone,anywhere ever. :sneaky2::sneaky2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another two cents, if I may.

I’m going to throw some dashes of agreement into the pot with GMbusa; however I think that emotions have gotten into this post, maybe a little bit too much.

I’ll try to make it quick and I apologize for any lengthiness, but here it is.

I got a speeding ticket in Cali while driving a cage about a year ago. Total ‘BS’ tickey. My wife was taking me on a Birthday trip back to Monterey, where we were fortunate enough to get to go to the 2005 MotoGP a couple years prior (memories, ya know). I was stopped as two CHPs were leaving one of the only towns on HWY 46 (?) at about 12:30PM from Barstow to the Cali coast. They had to have just finished lunch together and as traveling towards me the front CHP, from quite the distance, got me for 71MPH in a 55MPH zone. He was a ‘sweetie’ and only wrote me up for ‘70’. I cannot emphasize enough how this 55MPH zone on this particular road is underestimated. You could see for miles to your right and to your left. If someone wanted to run into the front of your vehicle to kill themselves you’d see them in enough time to stop if you were doing 100MPH. I was polite, as always, to the officer. I sincerely have the utmost respect for LEOs. I actually ride with some local and Federal Law Enforcement Officers, but that’s more in a moment. He could see my birthday on my license as he wrote the ticket and the Nevada plates (hey, I won’t be back to meet him in court and fight the ticket, right?). I was an easy $core. He could have said ‘slow it down and happy birthday; enjoy Cali’. Actually I thought that it was pretty chicken s*#t myself. It really put a damper on the trip for a bit, but I got over it.

My point; some tickets play more BS havoc on us than we need versus the situation we were driving in. Not all rules and laws are applicable all of the time. I obeyed the 55MPH speed limit all the way to the coast after the ticket and I was more dangerous than ever. Everyone was passing me on blind corners and hill crest. I thought that if someone gets killed because of my now ‘slowness’, how would this LEO feel?
I don’t know if the ticket quota rumors for LEOs are BS, but I’d have to say, if you’re a Highway Patrol Officer and never write a ticket, you’d probably be getting a lecture from your ‘Superiors’. Tickets are a great source of income.

I fought this ticket by ‘Trial by Declaration’ and lost. Now if I get another ticket within the next three years, my rates go up. I haven’t had a ticket on my record for 20 years and now if I get another, I’m semi-screwed; maybe even have to give the Busa up.
So, would I run? 99.9%+ of the time, absolutely not! In the city running red lights, no, not ever, ever! On a highway where the LEO has to turn around and I’ve got an off ramp in 1/8th of a mile and know the roads (and that I have another ticket on my record that is BS, so now my rates will be too high)? Maybe. This LEO that is now after me might throw another ticket my way and now my rates are silly and I’m screwed. I’m doing 80MPH (or maybe a little faster-whatever) in a 55MPH zone with no one around. I’m no threat. Let me be (and a lot of LEOs will ‘let you be’ and not bother you in this scenario).

As far as putting the LEO in harm’s way? If the LEO is turning around sees a motorcycle disappear into the distance, with all utmost due respect, Mr. LEO, don’t put yourself in harm’s way, or others, by whipping down the highway to catch up for ego’s sake; yea, ego’s sake happens! On both sides! LEOs know a good rider and that it’s over at this point. Let it go. Most chases will last 30 seconds or so, if you’re a good rider. It’s usually over within a minute (less a helicopter) most times.

And yes, my law enforcement riders that I am fortunate enough to ride with, do get off of tickets in some way or another for the most part. I’m not going to go as far as stating it as a "get outta jail free pass", but LEOs (local, state and federal) seem to be less susceptible to speeding tickets in some strange, but very understandable, way.

Like I've said before, be careful, but be smart and enjoy!

Back