Running rough

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
For some reason when I ride it feels like my engine is running very rough. as in, not as smoothe as i remember. I am at 8k miles, had an oil change at 7.5k. is it my 16/42 gearing? Or you think my plugs need to be replaced? It feels like it doesnt have the power it once had. the very smoothe instant flow of power. Seems like my engine struggles. I have a hard time keeping up with my buddies R1, he pulls away almost every Time. Anyone know what the prob might be? It might just be me. Maybe Omar or Hal can take it out and see if it is just me.

He shouldn't be able to pull away, especially with your 16/42 gears!
wow.gif

Yes, that is what is getting me. either I am running on 3 cylinders or something is terrible wrong.

Probably need to do the throttle sync....I agree Wag.....could check the plugs too...see if they all seem to be burning the same...I did my throttle sync at about 7500 I believe....made it smoother also...I think the service manual reccomends it at about that time.....just my .02

I'll be home tomorrow, Jeremy. If ya wanna run by, I can look/listen to it. Gimme a call.

I agree with the others, could be the t-bodies needing sync'd.

Plugs are easy to do - you can pickup the NGK CR9E's at just about any auto parts store. Steve also stocks them. I've been getting mine at O'Reilly or Advance.

KB .. just wondering ... what's the weight difference between you and the R1 pilot and what mods has he done to the R1.

I agree with Omar, although the service manual calls for plugs at 15K miles. I need to do the sync too. Perhaps you me and Omar should go in together and by the gauges to do the TB sync.

(GSXcite @ Jul. 07 2007,08:52) I agree with Omar, although the service manual calls for plugs at 15K miles. I need to do the sync too. Perhaps you me and Omar should go in together and by the gauges to do the TB sync.
Plugs every 7,500.

--Wag--

Back