Rough Ride

dgmontoya

Registered
Ok guys you have been so helpful already but i have another question. i am comparing this mostly to my old 2000 R1 and a few other bikes i have rode. My busa rides like a tanks. its seems fine on smooth ground but i commute to San Francisco and the roads aren't always nice, so when i hit a rough patch it feels like there is not suspension. i read the owners manual and i am going to look at the setup tomorrow for the front and rear setting but i am curious if this is how she rides or do you think something is not adjusted right. I and 265 lbs and bike suspensions are usually soft when i get on them but this thing is rough. All thoughts are welcome

Did you buy the bike used ?

Stock, they come set-up for like a 165-185 lb. rider

WELCOME to the .Org

You need to adjust the suspension. There is no easy way to do it. There is a great write up on here of how to do it, but you need to be a Nasa engineer to understand it.
Go by the manual and adjust and tinker until you like it.

290lbs here,just had my rear shock revalved/rebuilt and resprung 1300lbs NOW!! had it done by traxxsion dynamics.best $ ever spent on her ,gotta do the front forks next...you can only adjust the stock set up so much,it may make a difference for a 165lb rider but for us its pretty much useless

Get your suspension adjusted properly. That was my problem before until Greg at HPC adjusted it. Now, it's not only very, very comfortable to ride. It also handles very, very well. I love it so much that I can ride it all day long without feeling tired. Since he adjusted it, I've done 14+ hour rides with no problem at all.

I would suspect that your suspension is too soft.
Mine was and it handled terribly.
Here is what I set mine at and it worked very well:
FRONT SPRINGS: 2 revs out from all in
FRONT REBOUND (TOP): 3
FRONT COMPRESSION (BOTTOM) 4
REAR SPRING PRELOAD: 2 turns harder than stock
REAR REBOUND (BOTTOM) 10
REAR COMPRESSION (TOP) 7

Try it from here and you may even want it stiffer.

Mike A

Back