Roughness on decel

Trent

Registered
Sorry for the newb questions but I notice a roughness on deceleration sometimes. Makes for a little jerk (very little) as I transition from applying throttle to backing off. I am only in the lower RPMS right now and being as careful as I can and trying to be as smooth as possible but there is a sort of hesitation in backing down off the throttle sometimes maybe just under 4K RPM's when I close it down to begin to decelerate. Its not a big deal but I would just like to see if anyone has the same experience or if maybe the throttle linkage is a little sticky at first while everything is getting broke in. Is there a known flat spot around there?

Thanks for putting up with my newb questions.

Never noticed anything like that. Maybe your secondary butterflies are a bit slow in closing? Doesn't sound too serious at any rate.

Myself and some others on this board have experienced this, mainly when opening the throttle, but closing it too.
I've ridden 6 different gen2's and only mine and one other I rode did this.
Stock at the time also. No amount of adjusting the throttle cables or lubing the linkage on the side of the throttle bodies made any difference. No explanation can be found mechanically on mine or the other.
The throttle opening/closing has always been very abrupt and requires a little extra finess. Especially when cruising at low speed and low rpm in traffic when on and off the throttle.
I'm just used to it.

Myself and some others on this board have experienced this, mainly when opening the throttle, but closing it too.
I've ridden 6 different gen2's and only mine and one other I rode did this.
Stock at the time also. No amount of adjusting the throttle cables or lubing the linkage on the side of the throttle bodies made any difference. No explanation can be found mechanically on mine or the other.
The throttle opening/closing has always been very abrupt and requires a little extra finess. Especially when cruising at low speed and low rpm in traffic when on and off the throttle.
I'm just used to it.

So far i have only noticed it when closing the throttle, when not really any under load so to speak like when crawling around under 4K in traffic. I had my wife on the back and she was like, "Why arent you riding smoother?" I guess the little jumps translate to the pillion way back there pretty good.

Yes the 08's up have these types of problems. The stp maps, Ignition, Fuel. The stp maps are a problem with the neutral settings.Every time you shift it goes back thru the nu map especialy if you shift slow.The best thing to do is find someone to redo the N,123 map, A little fuel idle to 4500, A little timming at low speeds and you will be good to go. Easy fix it will shift and run smooth.

chuck

i also experience the very "rough" "on and off the throttle, responses" almost like the throttle doesnt open smooth enough or it opens a little quicker in the small increments. i have a GEN 1, with BRocks full exhaust, and small air box..

taking the bike for a tune soon, so ill hope it gets alittle smoother!

Yes the 08's up have these types of problems. The stp maps, Ignition, Fuel. The stp maps are a problem with the neutral settings.Every time you shift it goes back thru the nu map especialy if you shift slow.The best thing to do is find someone to redo the N,123 map, A little fuel idle to 4500, A little timming at low speeds and you will be good to go. Easy fix it will shift and run smooth.

chuck

I always thought I shift like lightning!!!! I haven't really settled in to how I am going to flog the gal yet since I am still breaking her in. I will re-evaluate in ten or so more tank fulls. I totally acknowledge that this bike is modified all to hell and can handle it all. Funny that I used to be a card carrying stock nazi even when i was busa shopping at first, but then slowly it starts to grab you... first a tickle in the grapes, then some nails in the back and you realize that there are so many people making mods and so many parts and take-off parts availible that you can do whatever the F you want and get back home and I am really liking the stock platform a lot so there you have it in a nutshell...modify the maps maybe if it bothers me, but it really isnt a prob. i was just really curious if mine was weird in some way. Great to know that the good folks here can help me solve any issue!!! :bowdown:

Back