Running rich?

Howabusa

Registered
I went for a ride with a small group Sunday. Somebody said that they could smell someone was running rich. Later, I blew by the whole group, at the next stop the guy that was leading said my bike smelled like it was running rich when I went by. My 2006 is stock except for a pair of Devil slip-ons and a Ivan's Smart TRE. Will the TRE make my beloved Busa run rich?
rock.gif

The instructions with my TRE on an '07 recommends a PCIII but not necessary for proper operation with the TRE. My bike runs a tad rich but not enough to affect operation.

Better rich than lean. If it seem to have enough power to you then I wouldn't worry about it

Thanks for the quick responses. I know it isn't running too rich, because the fuel mileage is still about the same. I think i'll leave the TRE on for now.
thumb_up.gif

hmmm...i'll have to keep an eye on my bike since i just installed a tre on my 06 with a pcIII...hmm...

With my K&N, my airbox mod and my RS3's, my bike ran a little lean w/o a power comander, I installed my GI-Pro and it all kinda worked out. The bike ran great.

there is a big debate about tre's. The guys that built my engine dont car much for tre's. I had one and from the feedback here and from them I chose to use it for a golf ball.
beerchug.gif

I think they are typically a waste of time and money.... how much time do you spend over 186 mph? I think most dyno operators are pretty much "whY?" when the question comes up as well.. I like getting 40+ mpg too..

Back